"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
Jul 27, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #1,126 of 1,906
Treble issues went when I changed the stock cable for the fiio cable . I think is the silver cable which make these iems a tad bright and thin so I recommend to purchase the removable cable version because I'm having no issues with them. Now I'm using the ibasso d14 with my phone and the fioo cable and  Large mh1c tips, sound is amazing.

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #1,127 of 1,906
How are the treble/sibilance compared to the narrow bore stock tips (not white). Somehow, mine wasn't shipped with wide bore stock ones. I definitely cannot handle the treble without EQ with these stock tips. Too much tizz and hiss no matter what song is played.

I took off the tips and just put them in my ear without them and they are no where near sibilant. I expect the narrow bore stock tips are the cause of this.

All i get was narrow tips too. Did You get stock foams? They should do the job. I will try my narrow stock tips and report later.

Stocks on the left, Spiral Dots on right. Black and white have the same bore.

Jul 29, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #1,129 of 1,906
Very weird though, the medium stock tips fit me better than small ones. Much better subbass extension and a bigger sense of soundstage. However, the small tips insert a little deeper without sealing quite well, so you get a more balanced sound due to less subbass, but a more congested sound without much air which kills the imaging.

Jul 29, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #1,130 of 1,906
Finally tried the Medium and Large Spirals on these. They sound pretty much similar to the Auvios. Auvio tames the "S's" though

Jul 29, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #1,131 of 1,906
These are just naturally so bright and bass heavy, slightly making it vshaped. It is really fatiguing to listen and it's impossible for me to listen without EQ even though I put on a tip with same size as nozzle all the way through. I think spiral dot is my last hope.

Jul 29, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #1,133 of 1,906
  These are just naturally so bright and bass heavy, slightly making it vshaped. It is really fatiguing to listen and it's impossible for me to listen without EQ even though I put on a tip with same size as nozzle all the way through. I think spiral dot is my last hope.

Sorry, but spiral dots are just a bit softer on highs. If they're fatiguing for You, dots won't change them enough. 
They were to bright only for about 15-20 first hours. They're U shaped to me, but nothing like fatiguing.

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #1,134 of 1,906
Burned in for about 250 hours. 200 hours by previous owner, 50 hours by me. I listened all the way through and nothing changed, so I think if there was a phase, it's finished. Just tried bigger tips for a more shallower insertion and it works, but the problem is that they are sticking out too much. I've listened to a lot of bright headphones in the past, so I'm not crazy here, but I do seem to be a little treble sensitive.

Jul 29, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #1,135 of 1,906
Burn in playing music. I use the Drums and Breaks channel on Spotify. Twin and I are both treble sensitive and have no issues. He even says it can be fatiguing and I don't get that. Also, these don't need to be played at a loud volume. Just moderate, not sure how loud you have it for personal tastes

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #1,136 of 1,906
Are they good idea for classical music? I heard that they are better than FLC8s which have for me very natural and soft sound (only with gun blue filters). I wonder if their advantages will be good in classical music.

Jul 29, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #1,137 of 1,906
Are they good idea for classical music? I heard that they are better than FLC8s which have for me very natural and soft sound (only with gun blue filters). I wonder if their advantages will be good in classical music.

While the imaging and treble are ideal for classical, honestly, there's too much subbass for my taste. Excellent for modern genres though.

Jul 30, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #1,139 of 1,906
cool.gif
The SWIII are in a class by themselves. Either you like This much Definition or you don't. Truthfully, of all my IEMs I tend to listen to the Musicmaker TK12 the most because of their Bass presence softer definition and rolled off highs. They are in my personal extreme comfort zone. IMO, from the TK13 upwards, Musicmakers become more analytical. I also love "The IEM that shall not be named", although for me it borderlines being to bright. (I have been spoiled by my HD600's for a long time, but alas they are starting to go on the fritz so I may have to get a new pair of Cans as well.)

Just my take on it.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back