"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
May 24, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #586 of 1,906
  No you can purchase the detachable cables version from here http://www.mistertao.com/beta/pages/item/36397321173.html

Thanks for the link. Does it come from Mr Z directly or the guy selling them mod this. Is it official MusicMaker product? Just curious, because I ordered mine yesterday and detachable cable is important advantage for me.

May 24, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #588 of 1,906
  As far as I know is official

Damn!
beerchug.gif

May 24, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #589 of 1,906
Check the link provided why it won't be official? read the description if you can understand anything with google translate
biggrin.gif
...anyway skullophile the thread starter added this mister tao link in the shockwave review

May 24, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #590 of 1,906
  Check the link provided why it won't be official? read the description if you can understand anything with google translate
biggrin.gif
...anyway skullophile the thread starter added this mister tao link in the shockwave review

If I knew there is a detachable cable version, You bet I would order these. Didn't notice there's a choice.

May 24, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #592 of 1,906
I think I've read it's problematic with this specific IEM. Maybe why they don't sell it at AliExpress? Not sure though. Anyone?
hck from Alixpress warned me that the detachable version was problematic, advised me against ordering it. One H-fier ordered a detachable version and was disappointed that the mmcx cable didn't fit snug. There's a photo of it somewhere back in this thread.

May 24, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #594 of 1,906
I have a Fiio e11 I will test it with the Keggers later on. Also there is a portable amp on the MusicMakers taobao shop that is begging to be discovered!

I have xDuoo X3, it has power enough to drive Shockwave?

My budget is $ 60 for an amp if necessary. I was thinking about Topping NX3 ($57 on Ali). Someone would have budget suggestions to drive Shockwave ?

Thanks.
I tried out my Fiio E11 with the Keggers and it sounds good but not the full potential of the Keggers.
The E11 adds a bit of unwanted warmth and slightly hinders the details and sparkle of the kegs. If there's a good budget portable amp for the Keggers the E11 imho isn't it.

May 24, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #595 of 1,906
Fiio E12 is a very good amp, its about double the budget but well worth it. I got it for $127 a month ago on Amazon...now its $110

May 25, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #598 of 1,906
Cayin C5 and Fiio E12DIY would be ones to look at.
Cayin on warm side slightly (tubey) and DIY lots of opamp rolling combinations

May 25, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #599 of 1,906
  Cayin C5 and Fiio E12DIY would be ones to look at.
Cayin on warm side slightly (tubey) and DIY lots of opamp rolling combinations

HIs budget is $60 and those are pushing way over though.

May 25, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #600 of 1,906
hck from Alixpress warned me that the detachable version was problematic, advised me against ordering it. One H-fier ordered a detachable version and was disappointed that the mmcx cable didn't fit snug. There's a photo of it somewhere back in this thread.

I wish there were more people to independently confirm its reliability.
Fair enough it sticks out, can live with that, but if it is flexing out of the port that is another thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back