"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
May 24, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #571 of 1,906
  I have xDuoo X3, it has power enough to drive Shockwave?
My budget is $ 60 for an amp if necessary. I was thinking about Topping NX3 ($57 on Ali). Someone would have budget suggestions to drive Shockwave ?
Thanks.

robervaul, Have You Rockboxed your X3 Yet? It's a world of difference with that app. Best thing I've done in a while. It's a little tricky getting it right but worth the effort. I don't even use my Fiios anymore. BTW: I run the Fiio E12 Mont Blanc amp with it. TONS of power.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 24, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #572 of 1,906

Yes, no problems. Can be driven from a smartphone. Of course the best the amp and the player, the better they sound. xDuuo X3 should be fine. It's a good player.

It's a step up. I thank you for reading it.

cool.gif
Great Review Paulo. I couldn't have said it any better myself. Spot on.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 24, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #573 of 1,906
Stethoscopes have been marked as shipped. Looking forward to those ocean sounds.

May 24, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #574 of 1,906
Stethoscopes have been marked as shipped. Looking forward to those ocean sounds.

cool.gif
Pickr I'm listening to the TFZ Series 1 as we speak in preparation for a review. Holy crap!!!! the Bass is NUTS. I'm not sure about the rest of it as far as other frequencies but I see these as an Upgrade sound quality wise to the Rock Zircons. Only with MORE Bass.....

Definitely not Bright, but there is some Treble good Hi Hat reproduction Mid vocals a tad recessed, both male and female. Ronnie Wood's "I don't Think so" is AWESOME through these. The Guitar frequency in the Mids is Good as well, THAT is what I was waiting for.

I think these are geared towards Rock and Roll.....

May 24, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #575 of 1,906

cool.gif
Pickr I'm listening to the TFZ Series 1 as we speak in preparation for a review. Holy crap!!!! the Bass is NUTS. I'm not sure about the rest of it as far as other frequencies but I see these as an Upgrade sound quality wise to the Rock Zircons. Only with MORE Bass.....

Definitely not Bright, but there is some Treble good Hi Hat reproduction Mid vocals a tad recessed.

I think these are geared towards Rock and Roll.....

Dang you, mine are not off the slow boat yet!!!! I had an idea the dual chamber would effect the bass the most but for sure these may be distortion kings and really make my Hendrix shine
tongue_smile.gif

My Steths are on that same boat Slow dag nabit
mad.gif

THX for the quick brief T
beerchug.gif

May 24, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #576 of 1,906
  robervaul, Have You Rockboxed your X3 Yet? It's a world of difference with that app. Best thing I've done in a while. It's a little tricky getting it right but worth the effort. I don't even use my Fiios anymore. BTW: I run the Fiio E12 Mont Blanc amp with it. TONS of power.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

HI TWIN, Yes my X3 is Rockboxed.
I was considering the Fiio A3 (E11K), but I don't know now with X3 Rockboxed If its going to be redundant.

May 24, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #577 of 1,906

Dang you, mine are not off the slow boat yet!!!! I had an idea the dual chamber would effect the bass the most but for sure these may be distortion kings and really make my Hendrix shine
tongue_smile.gif

My Steths are on that same boat Slow dag nabit
mad.gif

THX for the quick brief T
beerchug.gif

cool.gif
There's a Thought.... I have to switch Players though My Hendrix is on my Fiio X3 Betting Band Of Gypsies is insane..... Oh God, then HOUSE BURNING DOWN and maybe a Little Spanish Castle Magic....

Thnx Podman.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 24, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #578 of 1,906

cool.gif
There's a Thought.... I have to switch Players though My Hendrix is on my Fiio X3 Betting Band Of Gypsies is insane..... Oh God, then HOUSE BURNING DOWN and maybe a Little Spanish Castle Magic....

Thnx Podman.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Just call me the instigator because "My mind is going through them changes"
wink_face.gif

May 24, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #583 of 1,906
  No you can purchase the detachable cables version from here http://www.mistertao.com/beta/pages/item/36397321173.html

Do you have a direct email for this guy ? No idea how to navigate those menus.

May 24, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #584 of 1,906

I went ahead and ordered them too. I noticed that the description on almost all of their IEMs are identical, so they may reuse drivers a lot. I ended up ordering the Ox Horn version and the Mongol version at the same time and will be able to compare if they are almost identical. With seller coupon, it was less than $29 for all three, which would be insane if they are (one or all) really better than the Puro IEM500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back