"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
May 6, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #407 of 1,906
Any more opinions on the treble with these after having them some time now ?
Someone said before the treble was a bit artificial-sounding ?
My Keggers have a peak and can sound a little tinny and metallic in the treble.
It depends on the track and I don't notice it that often. Lucky for the Keggers they're good enough to be forgiven.
For me the Keggers are slightly colored and don't try to sound the same as when the music was recorded.
With my pair the colour in the treble can make them sound a tiny bit off but my brain has adjusted and I'm really, really
enjoying the Keggers.

May 6, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #408 of 1,906
Nope, mine has silver plated looking wire with clear jacket.  The wire looks very similar to what was being used on the DIY/****/EE K3003s.
in my Keggers review there's pictures of the cable I got.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-phantom-iii-shockwave-iii/reviews/15397

May 7, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #410 of 1,906
You can get MMCX keggers as well, right ?
Anyone bought the Easy 8-strand MMCX cable ? Is it flexible, not too heavy...is 8-strand overkill for IEMs generally ?

May 7, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #411 of 1,906

cool.gif
Guys although I'm a little apprehensive about spending this much for an Unknown Brand, I see that Easy Is now carrying the ZhiYin  QT4 and QT5 on his new arrivals page. I'm very tempted to see if they measure up to The Mr. Z Shockwave III. If any members have this 'phone in their short list or are actually thinking about buying these, ABSOLUTELY message him first. He has told me he has better price for Head-fiers than what is advertised on his store site.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

bhazard has one

May 7, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #412 of 1,906
cool.gif
Yes the cable on my Kegs looks a lot like the Cable on the TK12, maybe a tad thinner.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 7, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #413 of 1,906
  bhazard has one

cool.gif
No kidding? I have been busy with my new job so I haven't kept up with the Threads. How's He like them? Has he done a review or an impressions yet and what thread if you remember Rob are they on?

Thanx, TWIN.

May 7, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #414 of 1,906
@TwinACStacks Euphonik impressions.
"
QT5 definitely has the largest stage- treble is similar to the Shockwave III. I'd say it's the largest thus far (probably due to the spacious enclosure and an extra wide nozzle). Bass on both are excellent- very detailed, textured and can reach really deep. 

May 7, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #415 of 1,906
cool.gif
Thanx robervaul, much appreciated. NOW I am intrigued. Guess I'm gonna have to save up some overtime money.....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 7, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #416 of 1,906

Nope, mine has silver plated looking wire with clear jacket.  The wire looks very similar to what was being used on the DIY/****/EE K3003s.

cool.gif
Yep. Mine are silver as well, not a trace of that pinkish copper-color showing through.

ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif
TWIN

May 9, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #417 of 1,906
You can get MMCX keggers as well, right ?
Anyone bought the Easy 8-strand MMCX cable ? Is it flexible, not too heavy...is 8-strand overkill for IEMs generally ?

One head fier bought the detachable version but was disappointed in that the keg and the cable did not fit snug. They were really not happy. This was later confirmed by HCk and others that unfortunately this is the case of the kegs.

May 10, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #418 of 1,906
Oh, well forget that. Buying international, I think the detachable cable is a must-have to avoid return shipping if it failed in one channel due to any cable strain.
Maybe the next one will have a better mmcx port.

May 12, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #420 of 1,906
Another member of the EarKeggers club!
I think the differences some members are hearing with the Keggers has to do with synergy of the dap.
On page 24 and 25 of this thread the mikol dude talks about using the Keggers with a schiit lyr to get the tubeishness to smooth them out.
Also the Shozy Lancea to help with the upper peak. They work
well with my Fiio x5 but are right on the edge of sibilant. Similar to my t-peos H300. Which I still think they are similar to except for the shockwaves sub which
is super enjoyable it makes the rest of the frequency harder to pick out micro details.
Anyways looking forward to your review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back