"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
May 3, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #392 of 1,906
I need to hear some higher end headphones from Guitar Center I guess. My M50s have a **** sound stage

May 4, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #394 of 1,906
Thanks guys, seems like these earphones are more intimate and rich than headphones, which are arier. Going to get the kegs. The QT5 looks interesting and possibly even better but they have no reputation, possible QC issues and hardly any reviews.

May 4, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #396 of 1,906
If they were plastic you would get a yes cause they could drill and epoxy in the connectors but they won't do a metal housing small earphone.

May 4, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #397 of 1,906
  Thanks guys, seems like these earphones are more intimate and rich than headphones, which are arier. Going to get the kegs. The QT5 looks interesting and possibly even better but they have no reputation, possible QC issues and hardly any reviews.

Understandable. SW3 is a really well designed and tuned earphone- like the TK13 on steroids :D  

May 5, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #398 of 1,906
Brian from BTG audio got back to me about modding the Keggers but it's a no. Waiting to hear from Unique Melody!

Thanks for the update on this.
Do you know if Brian could do a fixed cable mod for the Kegs?
The Keggers are fairly large and am afraid adding any extra weight (connectors) would cause fitment issues; for me at least...

May 5, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #400 of 1,906
Dude just said he was unable to work on them.
frown.gif

Ask lunashops.

All that is needed is to find out which MMCX connector is in use (Shure type?) If it is custom, I could see it being an issue, but these iems seem to use Shure type connectors. Lunashops made a fantastic 4 pin balanced to TRRS balanced adapter for me for cheap for my modded AKG 7XX.

May 6, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #401 of 1,906
Any more opinions on the treble with these after having them some time now ?
Someone said before the treble was a bit artificial-sounding ?

May 6, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #402 of 1,906

cool.gif
After 400+ hours on these I can assure you, (at least MY Pair), are not artificial or metallic sounding in the least. They are simply Stellar. You must understand that although generally good, and fairly homogenous some Chinese manufacturing can still have large variances between same-model earphones and other electronics.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

May 6, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #405 of 1,906

Lohb,
IMHO, the top end does not sound "artificial." Treble balance, acuracy and extension is near excellent.
On my tube reference amp, the Keggers sound a tad warm but I can adjust the timbre by rolling tubes.
If you have an SS amp that is on the brighter side, they may make the Keggers too top heavy tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back