"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
May 28, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #631 of 1,906
Are the JVC spiral dots consistent with other eartips you guys use...medium JVC = most of your other medium tips size.
I use medium on most tip rolling and when I got spinfits mediums, they did not fit as an example.

May 28, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #632 of 1,906
  Are the JVC spiral dots consistent with other eartips you guys use...medium JVC = most of your other medium tips size.
I use medium on most tip rolling and when I got spinfits mediums, they did not fit as an example.

I think the JVC SD eartip sizes run a bit larger than the others.
The ML size SD's are similar to the Large Spinfits.
Am currently using ML size SDs on my kegs, but am still searching for the "perfect tips."

For me the SDs protrude a bit too far away from the driver grill and causes a slight loss of bass and midrange detail.
Tried cutting down the stems of the SD to get them sitting farther down the nozzle stem, but the overall sound got worse.

The other tips that work fairly good for me are some generic blue silicone wide bore tips that came with something I got from Easy Earphone...just cant remember which.

May 28, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #634 of 1,906
  Sorry forgot to add the Spinfits did not work out for me and the Kegs.
IMHO, the bore diameter on the Spinfits are too small and mess up the sound.

Also, Spinfits are supposed to extend both ends. So that probably would be OTT with the treble as it is.

May 28, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #635 of 1,906
WOW. Check this. Are the Dots ornaments ???
confused_face_2.gif

http://clarityfidelity.blogspot.com.br/2015/07/effect-of-jvc-spiral-dot.html

May 28, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #636 of 1,906
cool.gif
Guys, I truly think for the First time in MY own experience, there is a contender for the Shockwave III.....

It's the DQSM2. They are simply OOTB, VERY, VERY, GOOD. With burn in possibly a match for the Keggers.

We shall see. I'm to say the least, quite impressed.

JMHO

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 28, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #637 of 1,906

cool.gif
Guys, I truly think for the First time in MY own experience, there is a contender for the Shockwave III.....

It's the DQSM2. They are simply OOTB, VERY, VERY, GOOD. With burn in possibly a match for the Keggers.

We shall see. I'm to say the least, quite impressed.

JMHO

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

They're, what, about $100 cheaper than the SWIII?  And which filters are you using for your OOTB impressions?  Curious minds and all that! 
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #638 of 1,906

They're, what, about $100 cheaper than the SWIII?  And which filters are you using for your OOTB impressions?  Curious minds and all that! 
biggrin.gif

cool.gif
I actually tried all three Bob and all were very good, I chose the Green with the most Bass for burn in purposes based on NO SCIENTIFIC PRINCIPLE whatsover
biggrin.gif
as the Drivers should break in the same regardless of the filter downstream, BUT I just feel better knowing the Maximum Bass is happening during the burn-in process.

I'm just funny that way.

BTW, I did roll tips and to my surprise I preferred the stock Generic White silicone tips over the Auvios.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 29, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #640 of 1,906
For my friend on a sub-$100 budget are the TK13 like 80% of the keggers or not really comparable ?
I see the nozzle is bigger and hope it is not as big as LZ a2 which had a habit of working its way out my ear when I was walking.

May 29, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #641 of 1,906
Link please.

cool.gif
Wish I could, but I have been requested by administration to not provide links.  Somebody give this guy a link....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 29, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #642 of 1,906
  For my friend on a sub-$100 budget are the TK13 like 80% of the keggers or not really comparable ?
I see the nozzle is bigger and hope it is not as big as LZ a2 which had a habit of working its way out my ear when I was walking.

cool.gif
At least 80% probably more. They fit very well, At least for my Ears....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 29, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #645 of 1,906

Users who are viewing this thread

Back