"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
May 20, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #512 of 1,906
May 21, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #513 of 1,906
Twin you ever get time with the Shure SE846 at a show/meet etc ?
If yes, how does the low-end and sound-staging compare to keggers ?

May 21, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #514 of 1,906
cool.gif
Carlsan, You have certainly got my interest piqued on the QT5. Knowing what type of equipment you have experience with does weigh heavily. Right now the SW III is the Best Non-Ciem that I've heard. I think Bhazard and I are going to do a "swap" for a while after he gets done with his QT5 break-in and reviews and whatnot. I REALLY got to hear these. BTW, I have a pair of the new DQSM2 on the way that are reportedly "Giant Killers", we shall see. I will keep you posted.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 21, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #515 of 1,906
  Twin you ever get time with the Shure SE846 at a show/meet etc ?
If yes, how does the low-end and sound-staging compare to keggers ?

cool.gif
I've heard them, they are a stellar earphone, but I feel they are somewhat light on bass response and extension. IMO there are better options for that kind of $$$. Carlsan could probably give you better options in the 1K range. I usually don't go that spendy.  Low end (Sub) the Keggers are hard to beat. The sound stage on the Keggers is 360 degrees, kind of hard to put a value on that, as very few pieces of Headgear go there.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 21, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #516 of 1,906

cool.gif
Carlsan, You have certainly got my interest piqued on the QT5. Knowing what type of equipment you have experience with does weigh heavily. Right now the SW III is the Best Non-Ciem that I've heard. I think Bhazard and I are going to do a "swap" for a while after he gets done with his QT5 break-in and reviews and whatnot. I REALLY got to hear these. BTW, I have a pair of the new DQSM2 on the way that are reportedly "Giant Killers", we shall see. I will keep you posted.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

A big turn off for me on the QT5 is the reportedly HUGE nozzles.  I really like my Spiral Dots and they apparently won't fit.  And, if they won't fit, I know most all my other tips won't fit either.  Disclaimer - this is based on another Head-Fier's comments.  Don't have the QT5s myself.

May 21, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #517 of 1,906
 A big turn off for me on the QT5 is the reportedly HUGE nozzles.  I really like my Spiral Dots and they apparently won't fit.  And, if they won't fit, I know most all my other tips won't fit either.  Disclaimer - this is based on another Head-Fier's comments.  Don't have the QT5s myself.

What size spiral dots do you usually use?

May 21, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #518 of 1,906
May 21, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #519 of 1,906
I use large.

Thanks. Just ordered for $12 from Amazon. Will be here Monday.

OT, yeah the Nozzle for the QT5 is huge judging by the pics. Custom made tips are probably gonna be an adventure for whoever takes on the task

May 21, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #520 of 1,906

OT, yeah the Nozzle for the QT5 is huge judging by the pics. Custom made tips are probably gonna be an adventure for whoever takes on the task

Yeah, Amazon is the way to go.  I paid close to $20 off ebay for 3 sets of 2 back before they were on Amazon.  They work well for me on most all my IEMs.  Really started using them when I had the KEF M200s. They were one of the few tips I could get to fit the KEFs.  

May 21, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #521 of 1,906

cool.gif
I've stretched those Auvios over some pretty big nozzles, if anything stock has a chance it would be them.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 21, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #523 of 1,906

Yep, my spiral dots won't fit, which is one of the only downsides for me.

Looking for a similar alternative.

May 21, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #524 of 1,906
For tips to fit the qt5 I'd look through Ljoker's multi iem review and look at the nozzle sizes. Run a search for 7mm or whatever nozzle tips.
Could be a good place to start the search.

May 21, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #525 of 1,906
With the qt5, I used one of the supplied pairs, then set the earphone within my ear as if it was one of those micro-driver earphones, kind of resting on the bottom of the ear above the earlobe. That works for me in getting a good seal.

Before that  I tried a bunch of tips and was unsuccessful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back