EAC Foobar ASIO4ALL WASAPI Settings Pictorial
Mar 9, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #137 of 251
I cant get to the ASIO control panel, where can I find it? I dont have an icon in the task bar to click on to open it up. It has the files in the program files folder, but no icon or in the start menu. The start menu only has instruction manual, website, and uninstall.

Also what does SPDIF stand for?

Im trying to get everything situated to start to archive my CD collection.

My question is this, do Ihave to use Foobar and ASIO to put the ripped FLAC files onto my Sansa? Or is the foobar and ASIO only for playback on my pc?

Thanks for all your help in advance

Mar 9, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #138 of 251
Its S/PDIF, funny the name stands for Sony/Philips Digital Interconnect Format (more commonly known as Sony Philips Digital InterFace). Funny as its two big companies, not tech names.

ASIO is for playback.

Mar 9, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #139 of 251
How do I set EAC so that the album art is also in the riped albums file so that it will show up on my Sansa fuze? Right now I copy/pasted to my micro sdhc card and the songs are there but no album art.

Thanks in advance.

Mar 9, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #140 of 251
I'm not sure how the Sansa works, it may only work with embedded art[i.e. art in the songs tags].

Mar 9, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #142 of 251
EAC won't do it, it is only a ripper[with a few extras]. Never done it...foobar has always recognised files in album folder and so does my D2.

I'd guess there are many progs around which would do it. 'Album Art Aggregator' finds the appropriate .jpgs and puts them in folder, if this needs doing first.

Mar 10, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #143 of 251
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have made a nice discovery concerning drivers for enabling Kernel Streaming (and Hardware Buffering in ASIO4ALL) with the SuperPro DAC...

Here is the URL where I posted it:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/us...9/#post5446283

Thanks for the info!

Now I just need to find out what USB chip is in my HR Ultra Micro DAC. Right now, windows just sees it as a USB Audio device and because of this, I can't use it with ASIO4ALL.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot...

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #145 of 251
Help Please.

I am using Vista 64 bit / Conexant / Foobar2000 with WASAPI / s/pdif optical out to DAC1 / headphones.

Error message says:
"Unrecoverable playback error: Could not open device: unsupported data format: 44100 Hz / 24-bit / 2 channels"

A few more points...
In Vista Control Panel/Sound/S/PDIF Interface Properties/Advanced - the default format box is grayed out with "2 channel, 16 bit, 48000 hz (dvd quality)" showing. No other option is available. In the Exclusive Mode section both boxes are checked.

Also, if I use the resampling component in Foobar2000 set to 48000 hz and I set the Output data format to 16 bit...
then I get good sound.

But I can't seem to get any bit-perfect output!?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mar 12, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #146 of 251
Quote:

Originally Posted by holdendebeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Help Please.

I am using Vista 64 bit / Conexant / Foobar2000 with WASAPI / s/pdif optical out to DAC1 / headphones.

Error message says:
"Unrecoverable playback error: Could not open device: unsupported data format: 44100 Hz / 24-bit / 2 channels"

A few more points... <~~Can you post some screen shots?
In Vista Control Panel/Sound/S/PDIF Interface Properties/Advanced - the default format box is grayed out with "2 channel, 16 bit, 48000 hz (dvd quality)" showing. No other option is available. In the Exclusive Mode section both boxes are checked.

Also, if I use the resampling component in Foobar2000 set to 48000 hz and I set the Output data format to 16 bit...
then I get good sound.

But I can't seem to get any bit-perfect output!?

Any help would be appreciated.

In Foobar, you will need to:
Click Preferences then go to ASIO Virtual Devices and highlight your configured ASIO devices and then click EDIT and use the left mouse click to map the left and right channels on each device you see listed. Then click Save All and then re-start Foobar.
newpicture1fb6.png

Mar 12, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #147 of 251
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In Foobar, you will need to:
Click Preferences then go to ASIO Virtual Devices and highlight your configured ASIO devices and then click EDIT and use the left mouse click to map the left and right channels on each device you see listed. Then click Save All and then re-start Foobar.
newpicture1fb6.png

I can't get to this option. In the Foobar Preferences menu under Playback/output there is nothing else to select.
The Output Device drop down menu gives two WASAPI options and three DS options but I cannot configure them!? Maybe I should just try another reload.

Mar 12, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #148 of 251
Quote:

Originally Posted by holdendebeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't get to this option. In the Foobar Preferences menu under Playback/output there is nothing else to select.
The Output Device drop down menu gives two WASAPI options and three DS options but I cannot configure them!? Maybe I should just try another reload.

I am so dumb, you will nto have that if you use WASAPI.

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #149 of 251
Hmm
Reloaded (twice) same result.
I'm not complaining because it sounds really good but I'm still curious about bit-perfect. Maybe I'll try my old XP machine and see what it sounds like.

Mar 15, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #150 of 251
Thanks for this thread olblueyez!

I've been running out of foobar to the usb input of the dac using USB AUDIO CODEC for a while now, and it sounded pretty good. Just this evening I added asio4all to see how much better it might sound, but was a little confused with the asio4all settings. I think I'm getting it now.

edit: I spoke too soon. Nothing gets to the dac through asio4all, but I can get a very distorted output from the XP laptop's speakers. The attached image of asio4all configuration with the popup referring to pc speakers seems incorrect, but I haven't seen any way to change it.

Attachment 15220

Attachment 15222

Attachment 15223

Users who are viewing this thread

Back