EAC Foobar ASIO4ALL WASAPI Settings Pictorial
Jan 25, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #91 of 251
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you use the onboard sound instead of your Sound Blaster?

The onboard sound always resample 44.1 kHz to 48 kHz, so it's not bit perfect anyway. It doesn't have support for 24 bit/96 kHz audio neither.

Jan 25, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #92 of 251
Quote:

EDIT: I reduced the size of my ASIO4ALL buffer to 196 for both Optical and USB and noticed substantial improvement in sound quality. Better bass impact, clarity, and focus. Runs fine without any glitches, I can run Auslogics Speedboost 1 Click (Cleaner, Defrag, Blah Blah) when listening to music no problem. I also reduced the size of my Foobar output buffer to 500ms.

I have my foobar output at 100ms and my ASIO at 32ms. No problems on my 3 year old intel core 2 duo 2.13ghz 2gb ram machine. I haven't noticed any improvements in sound compared to 500/196, these settings were merely defaulted in my setup.

Feb 2, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #93 of 251
Im trying to use WASAPI.DLL and im having issues.

It plays, can hear music...but it cracks up terribly and kinda sounds like static....

However, ASIO4ALL works flawlessly....i kinda wanted to remove the ASIO4ALL for WASAPI....

Any thoughts? Im using the newest foobar...DAC is from my Lyrix total pro.

EDIT---figured it out, had to turn buffer size down.

Feb 2, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #94 of 251
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im trying to use WASAPI.DLL and im having issues.

It plays, can hear music...but it cracks up terribly and kinda sounds like static....

However, ASIO4ALL works flawlessly....i kinda wanted to remove the ASIO4ALL for WASAPI....

Any thoughts? Im using the newest foobar...DAC is from my Lyrix total pro.

EDIT---figured it out, had to turn buffer size down.

Try reducing the buffer to <1000 and see what happens, I need to put that in the post, thanks.

Feb 2, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #95 of 251
ya, that was it, i had it set high when i was using ASIO4ALL...

i have removed it from my system and now currently listening using foobar 9.6.2 and 1.2 WASAPI. I have the latency set to 500.

I guess my DAC is only able to use 16bit though, i tried using 24bit and it keeps giving me a error.

Feb 4, 2009 at 7:41 AM Post #97 of 251
I never know there are so many function and advantage of fb2000 until I read this thread.
My ibass D1 is on the way. I have to learn a lot before it arrival.

Thanks and studying.

Feb 4, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #98 of 251
Quote:

Originally Posted by mudhole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never know there are so many function and advantage of fb2000 until I read this thread.

Thanks and studying.

Feel free if you have any questions.
wink.gif

Feb 4, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #99 of 251
few questions for olblueeyez... Why do you have replaygain options turned off in the pictorial? They dont affect anything unless they exist in the metadata of files, and can be useful for making particularly loud/quiet albums more balanced (especially important for loud albums imho). Personally I use album source and apply gain.
[size=xx-small]Secondly, why do you recomend all volumes at 100? My general experience is that I have everything at max except the thing that functions last (EQ or foobar in my case depending on location), otherwise I find the sound to be at least 25 db too loud (currently my foobar at this station is on -40.2 db...).[/size] solved this one myself i think - because you are talking about digital outs where as I am currently using an analog.
dt880smile.png

Thirdly can you source that Crossfader DSP?
EDIT: oh and finally does wasapi/asio4all have any benefits over kernel streaming (in vista)?
thanks in advance.

Feb 4, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #100 of 251
Bit-perfect hell

I am currently using Vista x64/SP1 with a ESI Juli@ PCI card and I am having HUGE problems!

There's no "Virtual Device" sub-menu under foobar -> Playback -> Output.
Why doesn't foobar "recognize" the "foo_out_wasapi.dll"?

If anyone has a clue as to what has failed, please reply 'cause this is getting on my nervs :)

PS! I have a 2-channel analog connection to my analog 2-channel receiver

04.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

07.jpg

06.jpg

05.jpg

Feb 4, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #101 of 251
Quote:

Originally Posted by m0ofassa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
few questions for olblueeyez... Why do you have replaygain options turned off in the pictorial? They dont affect anything unless they exist in the metadata of files, and can be useful for making particularly loud/quiet albums more balanced (especially important for loud albums imho). Personally I use album source and apply gain.
[size=xx-small]Secondly, why do you recomend all volumes at 100? My general experience is that I have everything at max except the thing that functions last (EQ or foobar in my case depending on location), otherwise I find the sound to be at least 25 db too loud (currently my foobar at this station is on -40.2 db...).[/size] solved this one myself i think - because you are talking about digital outs where as I am currently using an analog.
dt880smile.png

Thirdly can you source that Crossfader DSP?
EDIT: oh and finally does wasapi/asio4all have any benefits over kernel streaming (in vista)?
thanks in advance.

1. Wasn't sure if this was still considered bit perfect, I would say if you don't hear a drop in sound quality then by all means use it.
2. Reducing volume in the digital domain can ruin your ability to run bit perfect.
3. Foobar2000:Components 0.9 - Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase Listed under DSP. there are many written by people, I would say if you really want to use crossfeed then try a few and see which one you like best. This will not be bit perfect, I felt like the sound quality was reduced to a point where I didn't want to use it but you know what they say about opinions.
4. I have tried to hear a difference between WASAPI and ASIO on my Vista computer and to be honest I cant seem to pin a blue ribbon on either, I'm of the opinion that this is a good thing since there shouldn't be a difference. Personally I use ASIO because I can set it up to output both USB and OPTICAL at the same time and then I can have my system sounds set to USB and listen to Foobar on optical. That way when I'm surfing I can turn off Furbar and switch to USB when I want to hear something on the web. I haven't spent any time with KS as I like ASIO and or WASAPI, I found some info that is pertinent to your question though. Foobar2000:Components 0.9/Kernel Streaming Output (foo out ks) - Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 4, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #102 of 251
Quote:

Originally Posted by svarreby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bit-perfect hell

I am currently using Vista x64/SP1 with a ESI Juli@ PCI card and I am having HUGE problems!

There's no "Virtual Device" sub-menu under foobar -> Playback -> Output.
Why doesn't foobar "recognize" the "foo_out_wasapi.dll"?

If anyone has a clue as to what has failed, please reply 'cause this is getting on my nervs :)

PS! I have a 2-channel analog connection to my analog 2-channel receiver

Your computer has an "Analog" connection to your receiver, and your headphones are pluged into your receiver, or an amp that is pluged into your receiver?

Feb 4, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #103 of 251
Quote:

Your computer has an "Analog" connection to your receiver, and your headphones are pluged into your receiver, or an amp that is pluged into your receiver?

I'm not using S/PDIF .. I use analog connection from Juli@ to my receiver. I don't have any headphones :)

Feb 4, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #104 of 251
Quote:

Originally Posted by svarreby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not using S/PDIF .. I use analog connection from Juli@ to my receiver. I don't have any headphones :)

Bit perfect is for a digital connection. But you can still use Foobar.

Feb 5, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #105 of 251
Quote:

Bit perfect is for a digital connection. But you can still use Foobar.

personally, i feel that analog outs sound sonically better as well with wasapi/whatever enabled (although I think my hardware does the 'bit perfect' out to the analog anyway).
rolleyes.gif
sure am a sucker for that placebo.
edit: though flicking back and forth between them, theres a SIGNIFICANT reduction in system noise (its virtually none now) by doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back