E500's are in!! Wow...what a great day!
Aug 1, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #47 of 139
Fierce,
Do you find the e500 benefits significantly with the Hornet or do you use it mainly because you have it?
Gerry

Ps I should have my e500s in a few days and I'm considering a Hornet but I'm not sure it's a neccessity.

Aug 1, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #49 of 139
ok, so I just tried my E500 and I was amazed. Sound is so pure and live and the bass is just about right its not too much and not too little. I had my shure e5c which were good but compared to E500s there is no comparison. I just listened to it for 15 minutes and was blown away. I am waiting for my superfi 5 pro eb to come sometime today or tomorrow and will do a comparison between those two as well and give my impressions. PTH device works well but its of no use to me and most likely will be selling it soon. Isolation is great, i just tried it with the soft black sleeves that were already on it and will try the foamies later on too.

It's just hard for me to justify the cost of these headphones and even though they are worth every penny I feel like I should have waited until price were lowered a little. Anyways, in conclusion, these are amazing sounding IEMs better then anything else I have tried so far. I can't wait to get my cowon A2 to see how they sound with them.

Aug 1, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #51 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by lovebell
Congrats,and just someone tell me when I can see them in the F/S forum
redface.gif
?...

Me wondering about the same thing...
tongue.gif

Aug 1, 2006 at 11:31 PM Post #53 of 139
Finally got them! I will reserve detailed opinions until I have had some time with them but I will say out of the box the balance, detail, and clarity are very big strengths with the E500.

Aug 1, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #54 of 139
Glad they came in! The one thing about my E500s that I am not sure of is the balance...are there any special techniques to make sure that the sound levels are equal on both sides (and across frequencies!) when using IEMs (for example a demo sound file)?

Thanks!

Aug 2, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #55 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
Finally got them! I will reserve detailed opinions until I have had some time with them but I will say out of the box the balance, detail, and clarity are very big strengths with the E500.

u suck...

Aug 2, 2006 at 12:25 AM Post #56 of 139
I'm assuming the extension cable is used if you want to bypass the Push-To-Hear device? These look pretty nice, and probably come at the worst timing too. Right when I'm thinking of getting back into IEM's
rolleyes.gif

If I may ask, what are you guys paying for yours?

Aug 2, 2006 at 1:55 AM Post #60 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7
u suck...

LMAO!

Proud member of "TEAM u suck"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back