E500's are in!! Wow...what a great day!
Jul 31, 2006 at 9:25 PM Post #16 of 139
^ ah, it's darkninja67 again. You and I are on the same track again...I've been wondering if I should go for a RS-2 or E500...

Either way my wallet doesn't like it
tongue.gif

Jul 31, 2006 at 9:28 PM Post #17 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
^ ah, it's darkninja67 again. You and I are on the same track again...I've been wondering if I should go for a RS-2 or E500...

Either way my wallet doesn't like it
tongue.gif

My track is blowing out my collection. Need to pay bills real bad. I am good with my Etys. The RS-2s may be mine down the road though.

Ken, that looks to be a sweet combo. The wife know about that purchase??
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 31, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #18 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
Someone please tell me that they suck.

I wish I could. I (along with a few others) posted impressions long ago about how great these E500's are. Glad to see others feel the same way now.
biggrin.gif

Jul 31, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #21 of 139
Quote:

Someone please tell me that they suck.

I haven't heard them yet, but I will opine that a much lower price will definitely minimize the purchase risk. I will get tempted when they sell without the PTH, and drop to the $250 range. I think that's a possibility when the UE product is released and provides some competition, which will be good for all. (Here am I, master of the obvious!)

Aug 1, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #25 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
fierce_freak - you rotten person

smily_headphones1.gif

they certainly do not suck...no, not at all. they're in the top 4 or 5 cans I've heard...just need to figure out where exactly it is they stand.

disclaimer: this is just imo and ime
wink.gif

Aug 1, 2006 at 12:17 AM Post #26 of 139
Thanks people/
frown.gif

Aug 1, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #27 of 139
Quote:

My track is blowing out my collection. Need to pay bills real bad. I am good with my Etys. The RS-2s may be mine down the road though.

Ken, that looks to be a sweet combo. The wife know about that purchase??
smily_headphones1.gif

Nope. Paypal baby....and I'm the only one with the records. She'd never believe "buds" could cost that much anyway.
wink.gif

Aug 1, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #28 of 139
I just got mine today from TTVJ. Nice packaging, nice fit with the medium-sized soft sleeves, easy fit, lack of a right-angled plug on the cable and extension cable, excellent/deep/rich/not-bloated/detailed bass. The bass is what I noticed first. I like the bass, amped, a lot with my e4s, but the bass on the E500s is like sharp and yet rich (the best of the e4 & e5; I have all three). I liked the sound a lot unamped with my iPod, and then plugged into my AE-1. Hiss notwithstanding, I loved the sound even more. Richer, more detailed, more oooomph. Tool "Stinkfist" was really "alive." Love that sheet.

Anyway, the mids and highs were good, too. A nice balanced sound. Improvement over the e5s in that the e5s, in contrast, seem a bit bass-heavy, and the e4s are just a thinner sound, but the e500s have more balance, and oh the bass.

I would like to add more, but these are initial impressions.

- walk

Aug 1, 2006 at 1:10 AM Post #30 of 139
YMMV yellafella...the high's aint like my ATs, but I am quite pleased, but I am not picky either. Folks here can get very analytical about their listening devices, and it's their right, it's their hobby....I like "overall improvements," and the E500s is an overall improvement from my E4s and E5s...not leaps and bounds and light years (well, I just had them on for a little while), but it's also fun to try and latest product. I like Shure's stuff, and their service, so I had to get these...

I can only suggest trying em out and returning them or selling them if your "highness threshold" is not satisfied.

- walk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back