E500's are in!! Wow...what a great day!
Aug 1, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #31 of 139
You should get shot for posting pictures like this.
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

So damn cruel.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak
Speaking of sucking, I got mine earlier today
smily_headphones1.gif

They're not actually black..they're very reflective and sort of bronze-ish.

Aug 1, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #32 of 139
terribly sorry

/me puts on his blindfold

can i have a last meal?

very_evil_smiley.gif

If you're a grado lover because you like in your face highs, then no, you probably won't be satisfied; however, I'm a grado lover and I sure love these (grado 325i is one of those top 4 or 5 i mentioned, to me).

That's not to say the treble's recessed. No, not at all. I'd say there's enough there for me to be quite happy. Every set of ears is different, though
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 1, 2006 at 2:14 AM Post #33 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak
smily_headphones1.gif

they certainly do not suck...no, not at all. they're in the top 4 or 5 cans I've heard...just need to figure out where exactly it is they stand.

disclaimer: this is just imo and ime
wink.gif

Are you running them amped or unamped?

Mine still haven't come
kickingscreaming.gif

Aug 1, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #34 of 139
Currently unamped
frown.gif
My redwine modded ipod got messed up due to a faulty firewire dock cable. I'm listening straight out of my computer at the moment which usually caused my other cans to sound like crap. I'll probably hook up the hornet just to see what I get, for fun
wink.gif

Aug 1, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #36 of 139
lol, nice redshifter.

wake, I just tried 'em with the hornet briefly...wow, even better (did you expect anything less?)! Very nice...can't wait to get my iMod fixed so I can hear what these can really do when give a good source.

Aug 1, 2006 at 3:18 AM Post #37 of 139
I wonder how they will sound with the cowon A2. I am getting my E500 sometime next week and currently have ZVM but will be getting Cowon A2 30GB soon. I had the e5c and with cowon A2(when I had the 20gb) it sounded so amazing but with ZVM it was good but not even close to cowon a2. I guess I just love the audio quality cowon produces. I will be returning the ZVM sometime this week as I am a little dissapointed with it.

Anyways, can't wait to get my E500 now.

Aug 1, 2006 at 3:41 PM Post #40 of 139
Alright, after a marathon session last night with my 3G ipod to cyprium one ic to hornet to e500 (makes me really want to get the imod off to vinnie and back for some bliss), I can say that to my ears the highs on the E500 are very, very nice. I heard things in the highs last night that I've not even heard on full sized cans. These things are really superb. I'll be back with more concise impressions later, hopefully (might not be able to pull me away from listening
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

Aug 1, 2006 at 3:52 PM Post #41 of 139
so can anyone compare these directly to a pair of ER4P/S??

Aug 1, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #42 of 139
I don't own E500 nor Ety ER4s but from the feedbacks so far the E500 looks about to blow Etys out of the water, right down to the bottom. But I could be wrong!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roasty

Aug 1, 2006 at 4:55 PM Post #43 of 139
I just found out that my E500 are at the post office so will be picking them up after work. Cant wait to give them a try. I thought last night it was one of my other headphones that i had ordered last week as I had a postage in the mail saying the package is at the post office and I was too tired to go to the post office last night to pick it up. Had i known i would have picked it up right away.

Will be posting impressions later on tonight.

Aug 1, 2006 at 5:25 PM Post #45 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roasty

GOT TO WORK THIS a.m. and put jennifer warnes "the well" into my iriver imp-550 cdp. put my er4p's in me ears and after a few minutes thought "boy, these sound good. wonder if i over reacted last night thinking the e500's were all that?" I didn't have the ety's at home, so no comparing went on, but i thought i was hearing an awful lot more of what i get outta gs1000's then I ever have outta er4s's amped or er4p's straight outta my portable cdp. so...hit pause, swapped the etys for the E500's and...?

the etys can't compare to these, the E500's are just completely in another ballpark. the first thing that i heard was a chorus fairly high up in the mix that was barely discernable on the etymotics. sorry, but it's true. then i heard everything i'd noticed last night, but because i'm going from etys (vs from nothing, or from gs1000's) every positive is so apparent, such a contrast to the er4p's that I'm stunned at how good the iriver cdp can sound.
dunno if it's specific to this player, but this is the best it's ever sounded. including through my sony cd3000's, amped or unamped.

why did I refer to "more of what i get outta gs1000's"? because imaging/soundstage/headstage is so much better than on the ety's. and tonal qualities are just very very FINE: beautiful mids, clear highs, variable tight bass. no lack of detail when listening for subtleties that don't come through on longstanding favorite "lesser" phones (like porta pros and sr60's) - everything is there. as I said, far more so than ever before from this player.

these are very special iems and they've transformed my office from "sounds pretty good for a portable at work" to "this sounds GREAT. can't believe i'm not at home". fast and fluid in the entire range, sweet mids, sparkle in the highs, warmth and body and detail throughout. these suckers rock. my sincere appreciation to Sugarfried and shure. brilliant!!!

now to try some jazz and classical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back