E500's are in!! Wow...what a great day!
Jul 31, 2006 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 139

KenW

Headphoneus Supremus
Talk about timing...USPS and FedEx both arrive at exactly the same time with Mr. USPS carrying my new Pint amp and Mr. FedEx carries my E500 and Cardas mini-mini!

Fired thing up and to say I'm impressed is an understatement. Most definitely THE most comfortable IEM's I've ever worn.

Yummmm!!!

7e8b0c86.jpg

Jul 31, 2006 at 4:45 PM Post #3 of 139
yes, more impressions please!! so far i've read that those who got the e500 were all blown away by the sound and comfort... give me 10 more of these positive notes and i'm ordering a pair!

Jul 31, 2006 at 5:41 PM Post #4 of 139
I'm hoping to get mine when I get home from work but in the mean time u suck
wink.gif

Jul 31, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #5 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
I'm hoping to get mine when I get home from work but in the mean time u suck
wink.gif

Guess nows not the time to say the Mr. UPS just left me a new pair of HD650's, huh? Think that sucking sound is coming from GA??
tongue.gif

Jul 31, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #6 of 139
I got my e500's today too. I let them run for about three hours with a loud setting just lying on my desk while I attended to some work/meetings/lunch and am giving them a listen.

Bass is strong, midrange is very good, highs are brighter than I expected and not fatiguing at all. The midrange is very detailed, similar to the DT880 I used to own, but these are not nearly as bright/harsh as the DT880 on really high stuff. I have a pretty strong reference to particular albums that I probably listened to over 100 times on the DT880, these sound as detailed, but not as sibilant on the cymbals. The bass if much stronger than the DT880, probably because of the head cavity gain. The stage is wider than I expected as well, a hair more opened up than the e4c I was using up until yesterday.

So far, I like them a lot.

Music so far: Ott - Blumenkraft, Shpongle - Nothing Lasts

Jul 31, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #10 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
There's already a impression here:
http://www.audiotstation.com/forum/s...68&postcount=6

The guy got it 2 days before! :O

No lossless audio sources used for the comparison? What a waste.

FYI, these just keeping getting better the more I listen to them, the highs are much better than the e4c during heavy musical passages probably due to the multiple driver design.

Jul 31, 2006 at 6:57 PM Post #11 of 139
fierce_freak - you rotten person

ok, so will someone go over to the lounge and post a "post your portable rig" thread already
biggrin.gif

Also, let's start hearing those amped vs. unamped impressions!

Jul 31, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #13 of 139
I'm looking for someone to compare these to the Etymotic ER-4P/S. We all know the Ety's have great detail and separation, but also highly analytical. Made as monitor IEMs.

My interest is if the Shure E500 have similar detail, but more punch to them with all those drivers? I love my Ety's cause there is no mud in the sound, but they add no color either. If the E500 can add more bass and overall puch, but not introduce extra mud, then I'll probably get them.

BTW, mud to me is what my old crappy car speakers sound like trying to play individual bass notes and just coming out boomy. Also mud is when there are many instruments at once but you can't clearly pick out the notes from each one.

Jul 31, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #14 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyrick
I'm looking for someone to compare these to the Etymotic ER-4P/S. We all know the Ety's have great detail and separation, but also highly analytical. Made as monitor IEMs.

My interest is if the Shure E500 have similar detail, but more punch to them with all those drivers? I love my Ety's cause there is no mud in the sound, but they add no color either. If the E500 can add more bass and overall puch, but not introduce extra mud, then I'll probably get them.

BTW, mud to me is what my old crappy car speakers sound like trying to play individual bass notes and just coming out boomy. Also mud is when there are many instruments at once but you can't clearly pick out the notes from each one.

The E500 is anything but muddy.

Congrats guys! Definitely give the foam a try. IME/IMO and from talking to Sugarfried they give the most accurate (best IMO) sound.

Jul 31, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #15 of 139
Someone please tell me that they suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back