E500 and SE530 not exactly the same?
Mar 23, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #46 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
man; your as boring as an adademic
tongue.gif
maybe you should read what I wrote again without your bias intact.

Name calling...personal attacks...--Is this purely a matter of debate to you? I feel what you are saying about wikipedia is true, it just isn't taking into account that there is a lot of good, true information there written by many knowledgeable folk... It is a unique source.
Quote:

you are free to use wiki as much as you like; as am I to not. good luck with that. I personally feel it is the lazy researchers way out.

The lazy researcher's way out is to block out any source based purely upon the site in which it resides without even considering the content. I agree with you that to put 100% faith in Wikipedia is crazy... I would say the same for all sources including published encyclopedias, scientific journals, etc.

I believe it foolish to limit any information in the realm of research. I don't think any intelligent person would limit themselves to any single source including wikipedia during research. That would be insane.

Mar 24, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #47 of 52
sorry, but again you are reading too much into everything and taking life far too seriously; where is the name calling and personal attack?? if you somehow saw a personal attack in there somewhere I apologize, but I can assure you there is nothing but debate there. seems you cant handle a debate as well as I thought you could and seem to be quite sensitive. for the life of me I cant see what could be called name calling or anything that could be misconstrued as a personal attack unless you are far too uptight and wanting something more to argue about. I have said you are free to use it and I retain my right to see it as nothing I cant find better of, simply by using google properly or many of the academic paper databases that I bought subscriptions to when studying. might I remind you that you indeed started this whole thing

Mar 24, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #48 of 52
Quote:

sorry, but again you are reading between the lines and taking life far too seriously; where is the name calling and personal attack??

I was referring to this quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp
man; your as boring as an adademic maybe you should read what I wrote again without your bias intact.

Text can be read in so many different ways as we tend to fill in the gaps on the tone, intent, etc. So the best thing we can do is communicate those points as best as possible. It is my intent to be transparent. I have no animosity nor do i feel sensitive.

People could easily say we head-fiers take life too seriously and are crazy to spend so much on quality audio.... but i would feel they are simply judging us and would question their reasoning..... if they came up with a good enough reason to discontinue this hobby I would definitely consider it... but in this case i find it extremely unlikely that someone could come up with good logical reasons that outweigh the benefits.

do you believe open-source software should not be used for important tasks or in academic institutions?
It is possible (and happens) that contributors introduce a 'bug'/'security hole'... yet, notice how a significant portion of servers, academic institutions and a fast growing number of desktop users rely on open-source including the Linux OS... how is open-source any different than an information repository such as Wikipedia? Articles on wikipedia also undergo revisions.

This forum contains a lot of good, valuable information written by many experienced users including yourself. If i were to write a paper on IEMs, I would very likely consider quoting information, evaluations, etc from here in addition to my other sources despite the fact that this forum is laced with false information.

Just because there is some rotten information present, doesn't make it all rotten.

Mar 24, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #51 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jensen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I believe that the vented port does indeed create a stark difference between the SE530 and the E500!

I believe reading comprehension is lacking here. Please reread the thread.

Also, read this from Shure's own website.

Mar 25, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #52 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Plex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was referring to this quote:

Text can be read in so many different ways as we tend to fill in the gaps on the tone, intent, etc. So the best thing we can do is communicate those points as best as possible. It is my intent to be transparent. I have no animosity nor do i feel sensitive.

People could easily say we head-fiers take life too seriously and are crazy to spend so much on quality audio.... but i would feel they are simply judging us and would question their reasoning..... if they came up with a good enough reason to discontinue this hobby I would definitely consider it... but in this case i find it extremely unlikely that someone could come up with good logical reasons that outweigh the benefits.

do you believe open-source software should not be used for important tasks or in academic institutions?
It is possible (and happens) that contributors introduce a 'bug'/'security hole'... yet, notice how a significant portion of servers, academic institutions and a fast growing number of desktop users rely on open-source including the Linux OS... how is open-source any different than an information repository such as Wikipedia? Articles on wikipedia also undergo revisions.

This forum contains a lot of good, valuable information written by many experienced users including yourself. If i were to write a paper on IEMs, I would very likely consider quoting information, evaluations, etc from here in addition to my other sources despite the fact that this forum is laced with false information.

Just because there is some rotten information present, doesn't make it all rotten.

well lets just call it a day then. that quote was just referring to the fact that you seemed to be missing my point and repeating yourself. I find academia pretty boring, so thats where that came from and was a sideways jab at the whole institution of what we were arguing about. I'm not an academic (although I do have a degree) and part of your argument is exactly why in that far too much weight is put in 'official' wisdom.

I have had bad experience with using wiki for anything but a start point or for trivial information and some of the essays that I have seen that have used it extensively; including content that was brought to the table for group assignments) was at best sub-par and led nowhere. I actually think we are in agreement on many of our points and simply got involved in a too and fro over nothing.

as for your shareware or open-source analogy, no I wouldnt use it for anything that was mission critical; I do however use pre-release software for some grahics and run rockbox on my DIYMOD. it has its place, but I prefer not to use anything but final builds for work projects that involve other people's equipement or money. So I guess my feeling is about the same with that.

anyway. lets call it a day on the OT and argument shall we??

the E500 is the same
tongue.gif
LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back