E4C excellence
May 7, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #31 of 39
Luckybaer and GreatDane:

Yes, the rubber deteriorating is common. Happened with my 1st pair that I returned and got new pair. They said 'it happens' and if you search here, you will hear of others having this as well. Second pair..insulation peeling off where the wire goes over my ears. Liquid electrical tape seems to have solved this, although the white color (I have the E4C white ones) doesn't quite match, but seems to reinforce them. I use them while running and in cold weather and this seems to crack some people's cables as well. Sound great tho...

Lenny

May 7, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #32 of 39
Thanks Lenny. I guess there's not much that can be done to prevent the peeling thing. It seems like it'd be a good idea to get a replacement under warranty before the 2 years.

I have used Plastidip to coat tools and it's tough stuff. I can imagine that it'd be great for most anything.

May 7, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #33 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lennys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Luckybaer and GreatDane:

Yes, the rubber deteriorating is common. Happened with my 1st pair that I returned and got new pair. They said 'it happens' and if you search here, you will hear of others having this as well. Second pair..insulation peeling off where the wire goes over my ears. Liquid electrical tape seems to have solved this, although the white color (I have the E4C white ones) doesn't quite match, but seems to reinforce them. I use them while running and in cold weather and this seems to crack some people's cables as well. Sound great tho...

Lenny

x2, happened to mine too, and I sent them in for service and later on sold them BNIB and got UM2s.

May 7, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #35 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the Koss do not have nearly the amount of detail as the Shure E4s, but better bass.

If we're talking KSC75 vs. E4 then imo the E4 has better bass in every way. In comparison the KSC75 bass sounds sloppy and lacking punch/detail. From my experience the amp used made a big difference. Straight from iPod, the E4 was nothing special. Amped with my Central Station I was very impressed with the amount of quality bass coming from the E4.

I did prefer the KSC75 for its treble output and overall crispiness
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2007 at 6:41 AM Post #37 of 39
But that being said, the koss is really worth the $$. The shures are much much more expensive than the koss, SHURELY it has to go better. Maybe i should just get it as a toy.

May 7, 2007 at 10:43 AM Post #38 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraEvo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But that being said, the koss is really worth the $$. The shures are much much more expensive than the koss, SHURELY it has to go better. Maybe i should just get it as a toy.

Are you saying that you don't own the KSC75?

If not, go buy them, go buy them now!
ksc75-03.gif

May 7, 2007 at 11:01 AM Post #39 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you saying that you don't own the KSC75?

If not, go buy them, go buy them now!
ksc75-03.gif

I think i am going a bit crazy for the ksc75, everyone is kinda making me itch. Looks like i really have to try it out. If i find it better than my M3, i am going to cry(kidding).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back