E4C excellence
May 5, 2007 at 5:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

500+ Head-Fier
Well, today is my birthday, 17 years old today, and my parent's came through with the E4C's in black I asked for. they are wonderful everything I expected from them, they sound great, look great, feel great, and are constructed wonderfully. I think the E4C is one of the best E series headphones, the construction is top notch, the metal construction gives me confidence that they will last, and the 2 year warranty is wonderful. They are so detailed and the base is brilliant and nothing is muddy, the highs aren't ear piercing like with cheaper headphones. Definitely a great buy, if you are just getting into high quality headphones I would jump in with E4C's they are great headphones, (sorry ety guys but Shure got my vote this time. Now that my iRiver is dieing, I can get something (Zune maybe?) and a nice tomahawk amp to go with my nice headphones.
While putting some more time on my phones listening to Wasted Tomorrow by Infinities End, 320kbs I hear detail I have never heard before, it's amazing how much you really miss without good phones. I almost want to cry this is amazing. (JK but this is seriously amazing.)

May 5, 2007 at 5:36 AM Post #3 of 39
lol i had the same experience a couple months ago, but today i just bought
a koss ksc-75 at radioshack for 25 (you can get them online for less than 15 bucks) and they blew away my shures e4's, believe it or not.
im gonna sell my e4's right away because the only thing it has over my koss is sound isolation, but i care about sq more. you should do the same too
LOL

May 5, 2007 at 5:41 AM Post #4 of 39
The E4s are a wonderful IEM. Sometimes I wish I had not sold mine.

May 5, 2007 at 7:16 AM Post #6 of 39
The SS fits my preference brilliantly. It's a pleasure to own these headphones, and an almost equal (if physically possible) pleasure to be part of a group of people that agree that my headphone choice is a solid one.

May 5, 2007 at 8:50 AM Post #8 of 39
Happy birtday!

For more then a year now I'm totally satisfied with my E4s. Use them everyday, they make all music sounds great, and I can listen to them for hours without fatigue.

May 5, 2007 at 10:12 AM Post #9 of 39
Everything you said echoes my thoughts when I upgraded from the e3c.

Enjoy them, they are a fantastic pair of IEMs and happy birthday
wink.gif

May 5, 2007 at 1:29 PM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by shiezan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol i had the same experience a couple months ago, but today i just bought
a koss ksc-75 at radioshack for 25 (you can get them online for less than 15 bucks) and they blew away my shures e4's, believe it or not.
im gonna sell my e4's right away because the only thing it has over my koss is sound isolation, but i care about sq more. you should do the same too
LOL

What? Are u so damn sure bout that??

May 5, 2007 at 2:38 PM Post #12 of 39
Hmmm, I haven't heard the koss sound since the KSC7 was the first headphone I genuinely enjoyed. I was mad as heck when radio shack stopped carrying them (had lousy luck with em, two stolen from me, and on another the wire got yanked out when I fell asleep with them and evidently had a rather active dream). Still though, I simply had to compare them to alternative $15 over ear models to see their lacking. Those same over ear models later got blown away once I entered the iem market. I'm not gonna lie, if you're looking for best sound in portable phone at 10-20, I would very much recommend the sportsclip. In competition to higher end iem models though, if you think the sound of the sportsclip is superior, you NEED a higher end source and bitrate for your music and to actually consider giving LISTENING a try.

PhantmShado

May 5, 2007 at 3:57 PM Post #14 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcard30 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The E4C are great sounding Headphones but when I moved to the E500 I had to give the E4 to my wife.

That's the exact feeling I had when I got my UM2s. I still miss the Shure signature mids though. Nonetheless, E4s are still excellent all-around IEMs at their price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back