E4C excellence
May 5, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #16 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by derek8555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's only 20 bucks, give it a try you won't regret it
biggrin.gif

I tried out the KSC-75's and thought they were terrible compared to my shure e2c's.

May 5, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by dealmaster00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried out the KSC-75's and thought they were terrible compared to my shure e2c's.

Did you burn them in fully (200hr+)? Also the Kramer Mod really opens up the sound. I would say they can soundly beat anything less than Shure E5. Punchy bass, bright sound with no clear recess, bigger sound stage...you just don't get the shure signature midrange though.

Sorry for being off-topic.

May 5, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #21 of 39
I'm glad you are loving your E4c! I really enjoy mine. I just got a brand new pair from Shure because the rubber on the earpiece near where the wire comes in broke off.

As for the KSC-75 lovers: Yes, the KSC-75 are a GREAT phone for $20. They easily rival phones that cost $50 to $60. However, IMHO, to say that they blow away the E4c is a testament to the fact that different ears like different sound signatures. To my ears they have a grainy sound signature and have difficulties providing clarity and definition to the music. I'd even go as far as saying they have a tendancy for producing flabby and monotonous bass as well as grainy mids - most noticeable in electric guitars.

May 6, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #22 of 39
Oops right sorry, I got the KSC-75's confused with stupid common earbud's with the same OTE clip. For me it needs to be either in the ear or around not on.

May 6, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #23 of 39
Yea, the kosses have grainy highs and flabby bass, but i still find it overall
more enjoyable to listen to than my shures. The treble is rolled off too much on my shures and is just more analytical overall. I would keep them if I didnt have my sennheisers hd650s, because I use them to listen when I'm at home to every detail in my music.
The only complaint I have with my kosses so far is that the treble is overwhelming, but changing the eq really helps settle it to a nice level. I also like bringing them around because i dont have to worry about getting a 300 dollar IEM stolen.

May 6, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #24 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by shiezan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only complaint I have with my kosses so far is that the treble is overwhelming, but changing the eq really helps settle it to a nice level. I also like bringing them around because i dont have to worry about getting a 300 dollar IEM stolen.

Try the ksc35. It is "darker" than the ksc75.

May 6, 2007 at 10:47 AM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckybaer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got a brand new pair from Shure because the rubber on the earpiece near where the wire comes in broke off.

Do you or anyone else know if the rubber on the "earpiece" failing is a common problem?

I used to own the E4 and as you can see in the pic below, it looks as if the rubber is peeling off even though there had never been any abrasion in this area...I took excellent care of them while I had them.

IMG_0532.jpg

I'm wondering if this is a problem that should be addressed by Shure and replaced under warranty before a failure such as yours occurs.

May 6, 2007 at 11:04 AM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by shiezan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, the kosses have grainy highs and flabby bass, but i still find it overall
more enjoyable to listen to than my shures. The treble is rolled off too much on my shures and is just more analytical overall. I would keep them if I didnt have my sennheisers hd650s, because I use them to listen when I'm at home to every detail in my music.

Sry for being off topic, but how does the ksc75 fare against the mylar3? So far i think the mylar3 is the most enjoyable.

May 6, 2007 at 1:29 PM Post #27 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you or anyone else know if the rubber on the "earpiece" failing is a common problem? I used to own the E4 and as you can see in the pic below, it looks as if the rubber is peeling off even though there had never been any abrasion in this area...I took excellent care of them while I had them.
I'm wondering if this is a problem that should be addressed by Shure and replaced under warranty before a failure such as yours occurs.

You don't by any chance have rough fingers? How long did you have them for?

I've been using my for less than three months now but I can see that the rubber seems to have broken off a little bit on both. I hope it doesn't become a problem later on.

After wearing them in for a couple weeks and with the right fit, they are indeed fantastic!

May 6, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #28 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurado /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You don't by any chance have rough fingers? How long did you have them for?

I've been using my for less than three months now but I can see that the rubber seems to have broken off a little bit on both. I hope it doesn't become a problem later on.

After wearing them in for a couple weeks and with the right fit, they are indeed fantastic!

I actually have fairly smooth hands/fingers because I wear special gloves for doing sheet metal work all day. I had them for about 15 months I think, not extensively used however.

Yes, the E4 was velvety smooth to my ears but I thought they were slightly rolled-off in the treble and prefered my ER4P. After losing the option for a 5-band EQ on my ZV:M (I changed to iPod), I could no longer "fix" my problem with them (I boosted 13 kHz. 2 to 4 dB.)

The E4 did sound amazingly good out of my PreSonus Central Station (no EQ or processing of any kind) which is miles ahead of the iPod as a source.

May 6, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #30 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraEvo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sry for being off topic, but how does the ksc75 fare against the mylar3? So far i think the mylar3 is the most enjoyable.

I'm not sure. I haven't tried mylar3s yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back