E1DA DACs Discussion Thread (PDV2, 9038S, 9038D, 9038X, HiFiToy, HPToy)
Jul 26, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #871 of 1,483
So what delivers the better sound quality: YinLuMei S2 or 9038s?
As 9038s is the best mobile solution I have heard so far, would be interesting.

I'm not sure about 9038s beeing such a good solution.
I've asked its developer about 9038s hiss level for iems and he just gave me a 'no idea'. Some folks told me it produces hiss for some cases.
I would order the 9038s but I gave up after the support I've received from them and also due to the real hiss machine their PDv2 is for high sensitive iems.

Jul 26, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #872 of 1,483
I'm not sure about 9038s beeing such a good solution.
I've asked its developer about 9038s hiss level for iems and he just gave me a 'no idea'. Some folks told me it produces hiss for some cases.
I would order the 9038s but I gave up after the support I've received from them and also due to the real hiss machine their PDv2 is for high sensitive iems.
I am using 9038sg3 with several sets of pretty sensitive iem's and have heard no hiss even during quiet passages at my normal listening levels.

Jul 26, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #873 of 1,483
I am using 9038sg3 with several sets of pretty sensitive iem's and have heard no hiss even during quiet passages at my normal listening levels.
That is pretty nice to read...

Would you mind listing the ones you have used?

Jul 26, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #874 of 1,483
That is pretty nice to read...

Would you mind listing the ones you have used?
The most efficient IEM's that I have used with the 9038sg3 are my Penon Orb, inearz Zen4 and Dunu DK-2001.

Aug 6, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #880 of 1,483
Anyone managed to successfully get the G3 to work with the Fiio M6?
It seems like when I first plug it in the light comes on, but after that there's nothing.. No light, and no sound when I start playing music. In fact, the Fiio gives no confirmation of an external device having been connected to it.

Interestingly, the new M3 Pro does recognise it, but it doesn't seem like you can control the USB output volume from the M3 Pro.

Aug 6, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #881 of 1,483
Anyone managed to successfully get the G3 to work with the Fiio M6?
It seems like when I first plug it in the light comes on, but after that there's nothing.. No light, and no sound when I start playing music. In fact, the Fiio gives no confirmation of an external device having been connected to it.

Interestingly, the new M3 Pro does recognise it, but it doesn't seem like you can control the USB output volume from the M3 Pro.
My G3 is working just fine with my M6.

Aug 6, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #882 of 1,483
Think you knew opamps quite well from the PB2 thread, is there any opamp you would suggest for G4 that is better than the stock one to your ears ?
I thought OPA1622 based on rolling stock and that one on a 9038q2m breadboard dac/amp....

Aug 6, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #883 of 1,483
Think you knew opamps quite well from the PB2 thread, is there any opamp you would suggest for G4 that is better than the stock one to your ears ?
I thought OPA1622 based on rolling stock and that one on a 9038q2m breadboard dac/amp....
I haven't heard the G4 so I can't make a recommendation from personal experience, however the 1622 is a really fine audio opamp, one that sounds as good as the dataset would indicate.

Aug 6, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #884 of 1,483
Thank you - I will go find it on my computer where I downloaded the firmware.

Are you referring to adjusting the max volume even when used on a portable device?

I've tried the G3 with the Dunu DK-3001 Pro, and when using the -30dB volume setting I get a very usable volume range and only very slight hissing. The hiss is only noticeable when no music is playing and I initially plug the headphones in (effectively going from dead silent, and then hearing the very minor hissing as I plug it in). But it really is almost unnoticeable.

Interesting, I eventually got it to work but I had to disable USB output from within the FiiO Music app settings. Weird...but whatever, it works.

Aug 6, 2020 at 10:32 PM Post #885 of 1,483
I've tried the G3 with the Dunu DK-3001 Pro, and when using the -30dB volume setting I get a very usable volume range and only very slight hissing. The hiss is only noticeable when no music is playing and I initially plug the headphones in (effectively going from dead silent, and then hearing the very minor hissing as I plug it in). But it really is almost unnoticeable.

Interesting, I eventually got it to work but I had to disable USB output from within the FiiO Music app settings. Weird...but whatever, it works.
Yes, I also had that unchecked as when using the G3 the M6 is a source rather than a DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back