E11 or another E17?
Jul 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Triangle3

Head-Fier
Hi all,

I am a long time forum browser, but never got to making an acct... lol

I've had this question in my head for a few weeks...

I have a E17 ATM using the amp for my iPod or the amp and dac with my pc. I was thinking about just leaving the E17 at home for that type of use (pc or my other iPod i got cheapz...) and just an amp for on-the-go...

Knowing what the E17 sounds like, I was wondering about the E11.. Seems like it should be about the same as the E17 amp wise?
Just checking... Planning on getting another iPod or just something different.. Need to make my mind up. >_>

~Tri :thumb:

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #2 of 12
Quote:
Hi all,

I am a long time forum browser, but never got to making an acct... lol

I've had this question in my head for a few weeks...

I have a E17 ATM using the amp for my iPod or the amp and dac with my pc. I was thinking about just leaving the E17 at home for that type of use (pc or my other iPod i got cheapz...) and just an amp for on-the-go...

Knowing what the E17 sounds like, I was wondering about the E11.. Seems like it should be about the same as the E17 amp wise?
Just checking... Planning on getting another iPod or just something different.. Need to make my mind up. >_>

~Tri :thumb:

Leaving the E17 at home kind of reduces the purose and price of the unit. But from Mike at headfonia, and the users of the E17 thread, they say it's similar. The amp section that is, with tighter bass on the E17. Most people don't have both the units.

"Welcome to head fi! Sorry about your wallet"

Jul 19, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #3 of 12
Well, I wouldn't just leave it "sit on the desk" at home. You mean the portability part? Yeah, I'd still carry it around, but much less than the E11 so I don't have to swap them around. I think I'll go ahead and do this... Now I'll have an E6,7,10,11,17..... lol

Thanks. :)

Jul 19, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #5 of 12
lol

tongue.gif

Jul 19, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:
Well, I wouldn't just leave it "sit on the desk" at home. You mean the portability part? Yeah, I'd still carry it around, but much less than the E11 so I don't have to swap them around. I think I'll go ahead and do this... Now I'll have an E6,7,10,11,17..... lol
Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

you will have more and more FiiO amps in the coming soon, big brother, little brother , .... haha. maybe there will have FiiO fans who try to collect all our products, just like someone do to the Apple's products.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 20, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:
Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

You are the person I need to talk to.....LOL

Im am undecided between the E6 and E11.  I have a pair of Thinksound ts02+mic and I am trying to decipher which amps will give me a boost in the mid/high end while not distorting the lows.  I like the E6 for the portability and the fact of the 4 EQ settings, but I think I may loos the option of using my in-line mic and controls given the two-ring connectors Vs three.  Given that, I think the IEM will not see much amp use on the phone.

The E11 on the other hand is a bigger amp, and for my minimalistic ways far too big to carry around daily.  So I was considering this to use at work between my laptop (Lenovo T420) and my ts02's.

I really like the richness of the low and low/mids on the ts02, but at times, or depending on the music, I miss the Mid/highs that sometimes get lost in translation.  I understand that both amps will provide a boost to the signal and thus improve sound quality, but I was wondering which of the two will provide a better sound profile in the mid/high range while maintaining the lows balanced?  

The price point is nearly Negligible between the two so it's not really an issue ($22 vs. $59).  The portability could be an issue so leans me to the E6, but the sound quality of the 11 leans me to it.

Your input would be appreciated.  

Thanks!!!!

Jul 20, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #8 of 12
If you really need to make phone calls and all that then you are...kinda in luck
http://www.head-fi.org/t/613495/upcoming-fiio-e02i-rocky-and-e12

FiiO is releasing the new E02i next month
(courtesy of CLIEOS and FiiO)

Quote: CLIEOS
 in-line amp with mic and remote support for the iPhone. Detail is slim at the moment, but there is also the possibility of a version for smartphones other than Apple.

Jul 20, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #9 of 12
Jul 20, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:
That looks nice!!!  Any idea on MSRP?

But I don't own an iPhone and I already have the in line controls....I just wish I didn't loose them with the amp.

FiiO said it may work with other phones, but not yet confirmed

It is a succesor to the lower end E series so it probably won't be too expensive. 

Jul 21, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:
You are the person I need to talk to.....LOL

Im am undecided between the E6 and E11.  I have a pair of Thinksound ts02+mic and I am trying to decipher which amps will give me a boost in the mid/high end while not distorting the lows.  I like the E6 for the portability and the fact of the 4 EQ settings, but I think I may loos the option of using my in-line mic and controls given the two-ring connectors Vs three.  Given that, I think the IEM will not see much amp use on the phone.

The E11 on the other hand is a bigger amp, and for my minimalistic ways far too big to carry around daily.  So I was considering this to use at work between my laptop (Lenovo T420) and my ts02's.

I really like the richness of the low and low/mids on the ts02, but at times, or depending on the music, I miss the Mid/highs that sometimes get lost in translation.  I understand that both amps will provide a boost to the signal and thus improve sound quality, but I was wondering which of the two will provide a better sound profile in the mid/high range while maintaining the lows balanced?  

The price point is nearly Negligible between the two so it's not really an issue ($22 vs. $59).  The portability could be an issue so leans me to the E6, but the sound quality of the 11 leans me to it.

Your input would be appreciated.  

Thanks!!!!

I love my the E6 for when I don't want to lug the E17 that I normally use around. The E6 isn't doesn't lack a whole lot of the SQ of the E17, but I'm not sure about the E11 yet since I haven't got it... lol But I think I'll order it in a few days.

If you need something soon and it has to be really small and portable, I'd definitely get an E6.

Another option would be to wait to see if there's going to be something similar to the E02i for other phones or for info on weather it will work with other phone... That's what I'd do
Quote:
FiiO said it may work with other phones, but not yet confirmed

It is a succesor to the lower end E series so it probably won't be too expensive. 

If it works with other phones, that would be awesome... I want that E12 in that thread you linked... lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back