E11, a new start of FiiO's portable amp ( added some real photo )
Jan 14, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #235 of 1,326
Many people here look for amps that don't distort. You may find better luck with EQing or changing your headphones. E5 has a good bass boost already, if you are not satisfied I'm not sure what else can. Maybe try desktop gears with a full range of bass control that allows you to boost the bass by 10dB or more. E7's highest boost is a little more than E5's (4.5dB vs 3.5dB bass increase).

Jan 14, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #236 of 1,326

Well... the e5 had a greatt boost I loved it, it's just everything else got bad and sounded different (I also have yet to buy a LOD...) but if i can get that boost with some better clarity, then I'm set. So I guess I asked the wrong question. But where will the bass boost be for the e11 in comparison to the e5 or e7. (or i that not known yet)

Quote:
Many people here look for amps that don't distort. You may find better luck with EQing or changing your headphones. E5 has a good bass boost already, if you are not satisfied I'm not sure what else can. Maybe try desktop gears with a full range of bass control that allows you to boost the bass by 10dB or more. E7's highest boost is a little more than E5's (4.5dB vs 3.5dB bass increase).

Jan 14, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #237 of 1,326
There will be a bass boost on the new E11 as illustrated by the official photo in the first post as well as a high/low gain button (volume increase).

Remeber, any EQing (including) bass boost will distort the frequency response, will sound different. But better clarity or details can be asked for.

Jan 14, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #238 of 1,326
Yea that's good. The bass boost EQ built into the iPod is absolute crap. My bass gets slightly crackly with it. The bass boost on e5 was perfect for me. But yea from what you and everyone else says, I should be able to get same bass boost but better clarity with a more expensive amp like this... correct?

Quote:
There will be a bass boost on the new E11 as illustrated by the official photo in the first post as well as a high/low gain button (volume increase).

Remeber, any EQing (including) bass boost will distort the frequency response, will sound different. But better clarity or details can be asked for.

Jan 14, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #239 of 1,326
Nothing can be said or done, or finalised until we get a few reviews about this E11 amp, but based on the past, FiiO will match their words with actions.

I suggest you get a cheap LOD L1 or the slightly pricier L3 to see if the distortion is due to double amping, and also this will be good for later amps you get anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back