E11, a new start of FiiO's portable amp ( added some real photo )
Apr 15, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #781 of 1,326

Quote:
Thanks guys, sounds good. Shouldn't fall apart in normal use.

maybe it's a bit to soon to ask this question.....but what about the warranty?

Should be same as all their products.

Apr 16, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #783 of 1,326
Looking good.  Will be a treat to hear some impressions as they start to distribute the samples. 

Subscribed.
popcorn.gif

Apr 16, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #784 of 1,326
What would drive the AKG K701's better? The Fiio E9 or E11?

Apr 17, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #787 of 1,326
E9 would be better No portable amp would be able to drive K70x (at least those that use a 3v battery)

I have the Astro Mixamp, would you consider this a 'portable amp'?

Apr 17, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #788 of 1,326
I've got B&W P5's, I'm pretty stoked to hear what people say about this amp when it comes out.  Will this be a good amp for the P5's?  I've tried my buddies E5 and it made a pretty decent difference on my P5 cans, so I'm hoping that the E11 will be even better.

Thoughts?

Can't wait!!

Apr 17, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #789 of 1,326

Quote:
Quote:
E9 would be better No portable amp would be able to drive K70x (at least those that use a 3v battery)

I have the Astro Mixamp, would you consider this a 'portable amp'?

Nope, a portable amp needs to have batteries so you can carry it anywhere.  Unless I missed something and the Mixamp does in fact use batteries.

Apr 18, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #791 of 1,326
I think its realistic to expect a dramatic difference. E11 is higher priced and a dedicated headphone amp. The op-amp used is also one of the better ones.

Quote:
I've got B&W P5's, I'm pretty stoked to hear what people say about this amp when it comes out.  Will this be a good amp for the P5's?  I've tried my buddies E5 and it made a pretty decent difference on my P5 cans, so I'm hoping that the E11 will be even better.

Thoughts?

Can't wait!!

Apr 18, 2011 at 5:40 AM Post #792 of 1,326

Quote:
dont mean to derail the thread but, anyone knows a possible release date for the e17(?) which i understand would be a replace for the E7, right? DAC+AMP. thank you

Not really sure if there's a specific release frame or not for the E17, but no, to my knowledge, it's not meant to replace the E7, but rather, is meant to be a higher-end offering that supports higher resolution audio output with the DAC.  I think it was going to cost around twice as much as the E7.

Apr 18, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #793 of 1,326

Pretty sure its just a dac.

Quote:
Not really sure if there's a specific release frame or not for the E17, but no, to my knowledge, it's not meant to replace the E7, but rather, is meant to be a higher-end offering that supports higher resolution audio output with the DAC.  I think it was going to cost around twice as much as the E7.

Apr 18, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #794 of 1,326
The best estimate we've seen for the E17 is Q4 of this year. I am sure it's on the wish list for many Head-Fi'ers so having it in time for the holidays would be awesome.

The E17 is supposed to have great DAC section and a good AMP section, both providing improvements over the E7. It's not a replacement for the E7, but a higher end model with better performance and features. The usage scenario will be similar to the E7, meaning it can be used as a portable amp-only, a portable DAC-only, combination portable DAC/AMP, or used as a desktop DAC when docked into the E9.

Exciting stuff.

Jack

Apr 18, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #795 of 1,326

Nope, a portable amp needs to have batteries so you can carry it anywhere.  Unless I missed something and the Mixamp does in fact use batteries.

The Astro MixAmp can take batteries actually. 4 AAs, and they sell a rechargeable battery pack for it. That being said...No, it's not a portable amp. The design of the inputs vs the rest of the set up is pretty ridiculous to think about strapping to a DAP. It also doesn't perform really well with nice headphones. It's made for gaming, not for hifi audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back