E10, new USB DAC ( updated with photos of real E10 )
Dec 6, 2011 at 7:40 AM Post #451 of 541
I turn off the system sounds every time I reinstall my Windows. They sure are annoying.

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #453 of 541
My new FiiO E10 has a noisy headphone socket. Sometimes I'm afraid to breathe or turn my head, because every slightest movement makes noise or the sound just disappears. Tried different headphones and earphones. Even all they are standard 3.5mm jacks, scale of the symptoms vary. On the video that's Denon AH-D2000 with a shortened cable and Golden Gun plug (absolutely no problems with any other source gear). FiiO E7 didn't have this problem.
Anyone else having similar experience with E10?

Dec 9, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #454 of 541
It seems like quite a few people have that problem. Poor quality control on FiiO's part?

Dec 9, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #455 of 541

Quote:
My new FiiO E10 has a noisy headphone socket. Sometimes I'm afraid to breathe or turn my head, because every slightest movement makes noise or the sound just disappears. Tried different headphones and earphones. Even all they are standard 3.5mm jacks, scale of the symptoms vary. On the video that's Denon AH-D2000 with a shortened cable and Golden Gun plug (absolutely no problems with any other source gear). FiiO E7 didn't have this problem.
Anyone else having similar experience with E10?

I did with my 1st E10. Don't bother: just ask for a replacement. My 2nd E10 didn't have that problem.

I think is a problem with Fiio QA. Many ppl here have complained about the same.

Dec 14, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #458 of 541
I asked Feiao if FiiO has fixed the problem with the jacks or not. Hopefully, they'll get back to me before Friday so I can get one with my HM5 purchase.

Can anyone tell me whether E10 supports 24/44, 24/48 and 24/96 all natively? If so, I assume 16bit for all those sampling rates is also native?

Did FiiO say anything about that? Is upsampling used for any specific bit and sample rate combinations?

Dec 14, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #459 of 541
Returned my 2nd batch E10 today due to jack issue.

Now I too need to know if/when a 3rd batch will be out, so I know whether to wait to purchase another one or try my luck with another 2nd batch model.

I also had problems with something mentioned earlier in the thread. When listening through Foobar with WASAPI there is a tiny "lag/dip" at the beginning of each new track played.

This does not happen when listening using WASAPI on my laptops soundcard so it can't be Foobar that's the issue.

Wondering if anybody can shed light on this at all?

Dec 14, 2011 at 9:44 AM Post #460 of 541
just go for another e10. not all of them have the jack problem. at least my 2nd e10 worked perfectly

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #461 of 541

Quote:
Returned my 2nd batch E10 today due to jack issue.

Now I too need to know if/when a 3rd batch will be out, so I know whether to wait to purchase another one or try my luck with another 2nd batch model.

I also had problems with something mentioned earlier in the thread. When listening through Foobar with WASAPI there is a tiny "lag/dip" at the beginning of each new track played.

This does not happen when listening using WASAPI on my laptops soundcard so it can't be Foobar that's the issue.

Wondering if anybody can shed light on this at all?

Can you help me describe the problem more clear, does it loose or you are using headphone with mic? sometimes it is normal if the sound is lost momently when moving the headphone cable.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 14, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #462 of 541

Quote:
Can you help me describe the problem more clear, does it loose or you are using headphone with mic? sometimes it is normal if the sound is lost momently when moving the headphone cable.

I have posted my problems many times.

Headphones used: Audeze LCD-2, Ultrasone Edition 8

Problem: You plug the headphone and listen to music. Sometimes you only ear in one channel, or mono in both channels, or hear noise. You have to move it a little until you find a "sweet" spot where no problem occurs. However, if you move a little, you have the same problem.
After a week losing 10-15 mins finding "sweet" spot to listen without any problem, I returned my E10. I got a 2nd E10 from a different vendor, with no problems so far.

Seems some users are experiencing the same problem with the loose plug.

Dec 14, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #463 of 541
I don't have any problems, but someone posted a video above showing the problem.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/559380/e10-new-usb-dac-updated-with-photos-of-real-e10/450#post_7956179

Dec 14, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #464 of 541

Quote:

The two posts above describe it perfectly. It seems quite a few people have experienced this problem too.

"sometimes it is normal if the sound is lost momently when moving the headphone cable."

I am interested in why this appears to be the case?

Thanks.

Dec 14, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #465 of 541
It seems like FiiO hasn't addressed the problems of loose jacks and latency.

I think it is also safe to assume E10's USB is synchronous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back