E1 vs. E6? (ipod use)
Jul 20, 2012 at 8:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

keigan

New Head-Fier
Rig: iPod 2g Touch (broken headphone jack) -> E1 or L9 & E6 -> AKG Q460 & House of Marley Midnight Ravers

I'm looking for a quick-n-cheap fix for the typical headphone jack issue. I have wanted a decent headphone amp for a long time, but I can't afford those kinda toys at the moment (I'll be here looking for advice when I am ready, though. I'm a lurker, first-time poster). I do, however, need ma music back. Is the sound worth the ~$25 price increase to get the E6 + L9 cable over the E1?

Other factors:

My current headphones have in-line player controls. I don't need/want the E1 controls, but if it's all going to sound the same, I don't care if they're there. Also, I don't know if my in-line controls will work with either product. Anyone know about that?

Bass boost isn't something I want/need. I don't listen to bass-centric music, and the HoM earbuds I've been using are wayyy too bottom-end-heavy for the kind of stuff I listen to, with & without Comply tips. I usually EQ it out.

The extra cable of the E1 is neither desirable nor a real dealbreaker.

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Jul 20, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #2 of 2
If you really need to make phone calls and all that then you are...kinda in luck
http://www.head-fi.org/t/613495/upcoming-fiio-e02i-rocky-and-e12

FiiO is releasing the new E02i next month
(courtesy of CLIEOS and FiiO)

Quote: CLIEOS
 in-line amp with mic and remote support for the iPhone. Detail is slim at the moment, but there is also the possibility of a version for smartphones other than Apple.

(third time I posted this.....)

This is an upgrade or update to the e1 and E3 so it may not sound as good. I do not know. No reviews are out yet.

I have the K422's and they do indeed sound better with my E5, mainly due to bass boost and higher volume. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back