E-MU Wooden Series Headphones
Nov 24, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #1,952 of 1,964
Drop finally has the removable cable version of these on sale again. Can choose between Teaks, Rosewood and Ebony.
https://drop.com/buy/e-mu-teak-headphones?mode=guest_open&utm_campaign=Drop: Request Launched&utm_source=SparkPost&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Drop: Request Launched&utm_content=1700835360147.937453912135466919710194&referer=9EXPCD&defaultSelectionIds=982123

If I already have cups from the TR-X00 Ebony will they fit the E-MU teaks (without modification)?
not returnable in case you need to though.

Nov 26, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #1,953 of 1,964
Drop finally has the removable cable version of these on sale again. Can choose between Teaks, Rosewood and Ebony.
https://drop.com/buy/e-mu-teak-headphones?mode=guest_open&utm_campaign=Drop: Request Launched&utm_source=SparkPost&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Drop: Request Launched&utm_content=1700835360147.937453912135466919710194&referer=9EXPCD&defaultSelectionIds=982123

If I already have cups from the TR-X00 Ebony will they fit the E-MU teaks (without modification)?

They should be interchangeable. I did the opposite. I used emu cups (which you can email and buy separately) and put it on my TR-X00 ebony.

Nov 27, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #1,954 of 1,964
Would you please, EMU teak users, measure the inner hole of the pads? I want to compare it with the 9200s to see if they have the same size, because the 9200s pads could acommodate my ears, but don't know about the EMU teaks, from the pics the holes seem smaller...

Thanks in advance.

Nov 27, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #1,955 of 1,964
Would you please, EMU teak users, measure the inner hole of the pads? I want to compare it with the 9200s to see if they have the same size, because the 9200s pads could acommodate my ears, but don't know about the EMU teaks, from the pics the holes seem smaller...

Thanks in advance.
Someone else asked before in the thread, I measured around 60mm x 30mm on my pair for the inner hole dimensions.

Apr 30, 2024 at 9:12 PM Post #1,957 of 1,964
There's always the possibility that they've made a silent revision since I got mine a couple years back, but mine is indeed 2x 2.5mm TRS connectors. But unfortunately, while the connectors are not proprietary, they are wired in a proprietary way. Fortunately, this can be circumvented by instead of buying cables with 2x 2.5mm TRS cables like stock, simply buy cables that are 2x 2.5mm TS (2-pole instead of 3-pole). The best way to get an "off-the-shelf" balanced cable for this headphone is by shopping for Sennheiser HD700 cables. I think the one I'm using is Youkamoo brand from Amazon, cost $20-something and it's perfect.

Apr 30, 2024 at 9:35 PM Post #1,958 of 1,964
There's always the possibility that they've made a silent revision since I got mine a couple years back, but mine is indeed 2x 2.5mm TRS connectors. But unfortunately, while the connectors are not proprietary, they are wired in a proprietary way. Fortunately, this can be circumvented by instead of buying cables with 2x 2.5mm TRS cables like stock, simply buy cables that are 2x 2.5mm TS (2-pole instead of 3-pole). The best way to get an "off-the-shelf" balanced cable for this headphone is by shopping for Sennheiser HD700 cables. I think the one I'm using is Youkamoo brand from Amazon, cost $20-something and it's perfect.
I was just looking at those! Sorry to hit both threads. I kept seeing these connectors. I owe you a 6 pack for dealing with me haha. I'm pretty tech saavy, but I'm clueless with hifi and high end audio stuff and google seems to push mainstream tech like airpods, beats and sony. When i first started researching, I had to dig deep to find this forum and it has been a godsend. I'm so excited to get these. Thank you so much. It really means a lot. You're definitely a good person! A lot of forums have a toxic culture for newbs. Not the case here! I'll be sure to check in again when they get here and share my thoughts.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-30 212733.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-30 212733.png
    320.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 10:16 PM Post #1,959 of 1,964
I was just looking at those! Sorry to hit both threads. I kept seeing these connectors. I owe you a 6 pack for dealing with me haha. I'm pretty tech saavy, but I'm clueless with hifi and high end audio stuff and google seems to push mainstream tech like airpods, beats and sony. When i first started researching, I had to dig deep to find this forum and it has been a godsend. I'm so excited to get these. Thank you so much. It really means a lot. You're definitely a good person! A lot of forums have a toxic culture for newbs. Not the case here! I'll be sure to check in again when they get here and share my thoughts.
lol Not a problem, always happy to recommend literally my favorite headphone.

Doing my own Googling, I am also seeing some of that style connector you attached an image of, which I believe are MMCX connectors, but I think those are a lot of photos of one person's modding adventures with their Teaks. If E-Mu did ditch the 2.5mm for MMCX, it's definitely the first I'm hearing of it.

Apr 30, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #1,960 of 1,964
lol Not a problem, always happy to recommend literally my favorite headphone.

Doing my own Googling, I am also seeing some of that style connector you attached an image of, which I believe are MMCX connectors, but I think those are a lot of photos of one person's modding adventures with their Teaks. If E-Mu did ditch the 2.5mm for MMCX, it's definitely the first I'm hearing of it.
I hope not tbh, but I'll see soon enough and will report back.

May 1, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #1,964 of 1,964
I have several cables from Periapt and really like the quality.
I just ordered the xduoo xd05 bal2 also, so that cable would be perfect. Spent a bit more than planned but I wanted to be able to really drive these and stay portable lol. I'm doing a warranty exchange on my Skullcandy crusher ANC 2 and then putting them on eBay to compensate a little 🥴

Users who are viewing this thread

Back