E-MU Wooden Series Headphones
Oct 18, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #1,846 of 1,967
I just dont see the point. Emu leaks like an open back. Why then get an open back for the same sound signature???

Oct 18, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #1,847 of 1,967
From my experience, the Ibasso SR2 is about as close as you're going to get. Has the bass and similar warmth. Technically not an open back though, more semi open. Teaks can be considered a mild semi open. The SR2 definitely sounds more open, but not like a Hifiman, etc.
SR2 is inferior to the Teak. Tried SR2 as potential upgrade, but it cannot compare, let alone be an upgrade.

Oct 18, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #1,848 of 1,967
SR2 is inferior to the Teak. Tried SR2 as potential upgrade, but it cannot compare, let alone be an upgrade.
LOL. It's all subjective dude. SR2 is way more capable imo, definitely not inferior. The Teaks did zero things better from my experience. Both are good headphones.

Oct 18, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #1,849 of 1,967
Something like the Focal Elex. Its bass slams quite well for an open-back and the sound is more on the intimate side. It's not as warm or smooth-sounding as the Teak, but can't really think of anything else that has that addictive slam among open-backs.
Eh, I don't agree.

As someone who has the Elex, and had the Teak, the Elex doesn't cure that bass itch that the Teak does. The Elex is more like a super HD600.

You'd need a beefy planar to get some nice open back bass, IMHO. But nothing punches in that way like Fostex dynamics. They're unique in that regard. Maybe a Fostex TH-909 would be the way to go.

Audeze of course makes some deep, fully extending planars like the LCD-X and LCD-2 Classic, but those are flat very low linear bass, whereas Fostex dynamics like the Teak have some obvious bass emphasis.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2022 at 12:41 AM Post #1,851 of 1,967
LOL. It's all subjective dude. SR2 is way more capable imo, definitely not inferior. The Teaks did zero things better from my experience. Both are good headphones.
Yeah, it used to bug me that people perceive things so differently but in the end they do hear and appreciate sound in different ways and arguments in this domain are pointless. The only sure way to find whether you will like a headphone is to put it on your head.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2022 at 1:11 AM Post #1,852 of 1,967
Yeah, it used to bug me that people perceive things so differently but in the end they do hear and appreciate sound in different ways and arguments in this domain are pointless. The only sure way to find whether you will like a headphone is to put it on your head.
I'd rather try to explain what I'm hearing (good and bad), to better inform, rather than claim something is superior or inferior. Stating that a particular headphone isn't any good can turn off potential buyers who may actually like the sound. Unfortunate but true, we have to hear with our own ears.

Oct 19, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #1,853 of 1,967
Any chance to get Teak's in the EU?
I've got the Fostex TH610, but i like the looks of the Teaks more. They are bassier aswell, right? :)

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2022 at 3:39 AM Post #1,854 of 1,967
Any chance to get Teak's in the EU?
I've got the Fostex TH610, but i like the looks of the Teaks more. They are bassier aswell, right? :)

I asked directly to EMU but I have no answer from their side. Not encouraging to give them money.

Oct 19, 2022 at 3:42 AM Post #1,855 of 1,967
Seems there are no dealers in general who sells E-MU's stuff.

I don't wanted to order from overseas.

Oct 20, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #1,858 of 1,967
Yes, but i don‘t want to pay for fees.
In my country comes +19% on top.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #1,859 of 1,967
Is the Teak equivalent to the ah-d5000 or the ah-d7000? Asking because they're half the price of the ah-d7000's original cost. Currently limping my d7000's along with replacement pads and headband hoping they survive long enough for something better to be invented. Also, I saw some posts about replacement pads. I tried the dekoni leather oe style pads, the velour cloth pads, and the elite hybrid on my ah-d7000. The elite hybrid blows the others away IMO. They sound like they should have been the original pads.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #1,860 of 1,967
Is the Teak equivalent to the ah-d5000 or the ah-d7000? Asking because they're half the price of the ah-d7000's original cost. Currently limping my d7000's along with replacement pads and headband hoping they survive long enough for something better to be invented. Also, I saw some posts about replacement pads. I tried the dekoni leather oe style pads, the velour cloth pads, and the elite hybrid on my ah-d7000. The elite hybrid blows the others away IMO. They sound like they should have been the original pads.
Haven't heard the 7000, but the 5000 was a step below the Teak imo, but it's also tuned to be more fun/colored sounding in stock form. The midrange sounds flatter on the Teak, there shouldn't be as much body/warmth. The bass sounds different as well. I want to say it sounds "cleaner" (more defined) from memory*. I paid 200 for the 5000 and 300 for the Teak and I'd say it was easily worth upgrading.
Edit: *"cleaner" on the Teak

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back