E-MU Wooden Series Headphones
Nov 21, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #1,171 of 1,967
Sorry, I didn't click on the link. Those look similar. The Dekoni's had the size opening but were thicker and it altered the sound, those look similar in thickness so they may be good.

Dec 3, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #1,172 of 1,967
I received the Accessory House pads. The leather & padding are a step up in comfort. The opening is actually a bit smaller than the stock. I wish I could say they sounded the same as stock, but unfortunately (with the Dekoni attenuators) they are a a bit more closed & congested sounding. Bass is not as authoritative, soundstage a tad smaller & treble clarity reduced. Close, but not quite as good as stock.

IMG_1718.jpg

IMG_1715.jpg
IMG_1717.jpg

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #1,173 of 1,967
That's sad, as they looked like they might have worked better. I just couldn't sacrifice sound for comfort myself.

Dec 20, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #1,174 of 1,967
Been using these for a few weeks now. Not super uncomfortable at first, but because of the smaller opening, relatively non-compliant foam, and non-breathable pleather, the earpads mash the outside of my ears a bit, and I start to feel it after 10-15 minutes. The bass impact though is very satisfying in conjunction with the detail & clarity in the upper registers. These are sounding good with the THX 789, and the Burson Conductor is good as well. Not as much love with the Violectric V200 - the E-Mus are preferring clarity over cheweyness of the Violectric.

Dec 21, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #1,175 of 1,967
Been using these for a few weeks now. Not super uncomfortable at first, but because of the smaller opening, relatively non-compliant foam, and non-breathable pleather, the earpads mash the outside of my ears a bit, and I start to feel it after 10-15 minutes. The bass impact though is very satisfying in conjunction with the detail & clarity in the upper registers. These are sounding good with the THX 789, and the Burson Conductor is good as well. Not as much love with the Violectric V200 - the E-Mus are preferring clarity over cheweyness of the Violectric.
yeah i had to change out the pads on these. i couldnt really use them with the stock pads, they were pretty much on-ears.
it took me awhile to find pads that didnt really mess up the FR , but i ended up using the attenuation rings and the ZMF Eikon protein pads.
much better comfort and the sound is great.

Dec 21, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #1,176 of 1,967
yeah i had to change out the pads on these. i couldnt really use them with the stock pads, they were pretty much on-ears.
it took me awhile to find pads that didnt really mess up the FR , but i ended up using the attenuation rings and the ZMF Eikon protein pads.
much better comfort and the sound is great.

The Eikon hole is much larger than the emu, and others have reported a change in sound. Has that been true your case? The Accessory House brand pads I posted a few messages back are very close to stock (much closer than anything else) but they do change the sound for the worse, even with the attenuators.

Dec 21, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #1,177 of 1,967
The Eikon hole is much larger than the emu, and others have reported a change in sound. Has that been true your case? The Accessory House brand pads I posted a few messages back are very close to stock (much closer than anything else) but they do change the sound for the worse, even with the attenuators.
i went back and forth for awhile, but if anything, i think the Eikon pads smoothed out the highs a bit and give you a bigger soundstage.
they still have great bass slam and sub-bass and surprising clarity.

Mar 7, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #1,178 of 1,967
I’m joining the current drop. Should I go for bamboo or teak? Not a lot of info out there about bamboo. So far I’ve just read that bamboo has a slightly bigger stage and less midbass.

Mar 7, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #1,179 of 1,967
These are rather interesting for sure. But my concerns are in isolation and build. I notice they have similar hinges to the TH-X00 that was prone to breaking. Also, do they leak sound like the Fostex models reportedly do?

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #1,180 of 1,967
I don't remember much leakage when I owned them. The Emu have a more controlled sound than the THx00's a little more like the Fostex TH610 and TH900. They are great headphones!

Mar 10, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #1,182 of 1,967
These are rather interesting for sure. But my concerns are in isolation and build. I notice they have similar hinges to the TH-X00 that was prone to breaking. Also, do they leak sound like the Fostex models reportedly do?
Regarding leakage, they did not pass the wife test: When my wife is sharing the office, she throws something at me when she can hear the headphones. The only one that have passed the test BTW are the Audeze EL-8 - I love these. But the Teaks are fun when I want to have a bass romp. Been through all the pad changes and am back to the stocks, which are OK for less than an hour of use, but start to mash my ears.

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #1,183 of 1,967
I have the more peaky X00 PH and really would love another wooden variant as an addition to this one. The E-MU Teak spring to mind as they are the most different from each other with the E-MU being a lot smoother. However, since the E-MU teak drop is inactive I contacted Creative but they don't seem to respond. Anyone know where I can get a teak?

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #1,184 of 1,967
I have the more peaky X00 PH and really would love another wooden variant as an addition to this one. The E-MU Teak spring to mind as they are the most different from each other with the E-MU being a lot smoother. However, since the E-MU teak drop is inactive I contacted Creative but they don't seem to respond. Anyone know where I can get a teak?

enquiry@emu.com or, at least, that was the email I worked through to order my pair a few years ago. The E-MU is definitely less peaky and more balanced that the PH, BTW. Still got the big bass though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back