E-MU Wooden Series Headphones
Mar 18, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #886 of 1,955
My experience, which seems matched by at least some here, is that when Chan puts it in gear (making/shipping the headphones; and communcating in general), he takes care of business. I have no idea about 6 weeks being a good time or not...my total time from initial order was considerably longer. But every case is different.

My advice is contact him by email every week; and start including relevant info like this: "My concern is that I won't receive notice when they ship/have shipped, leaving them vulnerable to porch-pirates or missing the delivery by being out of town." Chan may be over-worked/committed, but he's a reasonable/responsible person, and that message would be hard to ignore...

Mar 19, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #887 of 1,955
I got the E-MU Teak within 5 days (2 days shipping, 3 days custum) if Chan is busy it could be that it takes 2 or more weeks to receive answer. Sometimes he answers within some minutes :wink:
Some got no trackingnumber also, so this seems to happen. I dont like it also if communication is that awkward. A simply message within 2-3 days to inform about some delay should be to expect between serious business partners. A lot of things can happen but information is a must. Anyway the Teaks are worth to wait.
Good luck to get them in next days.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #888 of 1,955
They arrived! Without warning or preamble, these were delivered to my door this afternoon. A heads-up would have been nice, but at least they arrived safe and sound.

These are the first good dynamic drivers that I have spent much time with. All my other headphones are either entry-level dynamics or planar, and it's been interesting to hear the difference in bass presentation. I can understand now why people say the LCD-2 is relaxed. The impact on these is incredible. Very visceral, meaty thump to the bass. Not quite the extension or texture in the bass compared to a good planar, but it certainly doesn't sound muddy or rolled off.

And they are so beautiful and light and comfortable! I am really impressed with the look and feel of these. Now for some more listening...

Mar 23, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #890 of 1,955
Had the same experience, obviously typical for Fostexdrivers like the AQ Nighthawk. The E-MU seems to me needs ca. 200h. Its enough to let them play 24/7 at moderate listening levels. Anyway they sound amazing brand new and are improving a little bit every day.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #892 of 1,955
I have to give a nod to Massdrop’s CTH amp paired with the E-Mu Teaks. I swapped the EH 6922 tube and replaced it a Siemen’s 6922. The pairing is fantastic. Warmth from the amp and headphones, the Lawton driver side mod to tighten things up, and the Siemens tube which is very detailed but not overly bright or analytical.

Work setup:
PC Tidal Hifi —> Mimby —> MTCH w/ Siemens 6922 —> E-Mu Teaks.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #893 of 1,955
Meanwhile a couple of beautiful pics

IMG_0052.jpg
IMG_0048.jpg

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #894 of 1,955
Nice pics! ...seemed they have changed the connectors.. mine look different

wol7m2we.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #896 of 1,955
I've changed them by myself (big thanks to AT Khan for sharing his experience). Didn't like the original detachable version because it has very bulky connectors, so i decided to order fixed cable version and mod them by myself. Very pleased with the result btw.
Was this done on a version with a removable cable already or the old version without?

Edit. NVM, just saw the end of your post. Is this harder to do with a pair with removable cables?

Apr 13, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #899 of 1,955
I use dekoni sheepskin also and did some little selfmade additional damping .. kind of attenuation Ring and the result is better than stock, a touch better soundstage and subbass extension

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #900 of 1,955
I use dekoni sheepskin also and did some little selfmade additional damping .. kind of attenuation Ring and the result is better than stock, a touch better soundstage and subbass extension

Thanks jaco61. Is the additional dampening in the ring with feltro, like some ralated some pages ago.. ? For now I choose the Dekoni Sheepskin with home made atenuation rings... I'm waiting next drop...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back