E-MU Wooden Series Headphones
Jul 13, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #257 of 1,969

Kind of
biggrin.gif

Is that official?!?!?

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #258 of 1,969
Hey guys,

I ordered a pair of ebony cups from E-MU and today I tried to swap them with my teak ones. But the problem is, there is knot on the driver, and the ebony cups have less space inside them, so the diver don't fit the cups because of the knot! could somebody help me how to do this who changed cups before? Should the knot even be there?

Edit: I checked some photos and it seems the knot should be there, but still, doesn't fit my ebony cups because of it.

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #259 of 1,969
Hey guys,

I ordered a pair of ebony cups from E-MU and today I tried to swap them with my teak ones. But the problem is, there is knot on the driver, and the ebony cups have less space inside them, so the diver don't fit the cups because of the knot! could somebody help me how to do this who changed cups before? Should the knot even be there?

Edit: I checked some photos and it seems the knot should be there, but still, doesn't fit my ebony cups because of it.

Push the knot down and try to flatten it. You can be rough with putting it o

Aug 1, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #261 of 1,969
Ehh the Teak's were just put on Massdrop again but with no detachable cable option. It's a smaller drop so maybe they're clearing out old stock before the new one drops? Anyone know anything? The wait is killing me.

Aug 1, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #263 of 1,969
  What's level of Teak compares to the old Denon lines?  D5k or D7k?

I almost think of it like a D6000.  Basically perfectly splits the difference between those two.  

Aug 1, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #264 of 1,969
  Ehh the Teak's were just put on Massdrop again but with no detachable cable option. It's a smaller drop so maybe they're clearing out old stock before the new one drops? Anyone know anything? The wait is killing me.

I've recently shot Chan an email asking him about where I could demo the Teaks again in Singapore before I buckle down and buy one. In his replies he didn't mention anything about the detachable cable version so I didn't press him, but I think we can assume that yes, they want to clear old stock. They may not have even cleared production for the detachable cable version either, so who knows?
After all, it would cost a disproportionate amount of money to get all the existing stock recabled. Makes sense for a low unit production model like the Teak to wait till all existing inventory is gone before clearing production for a new batch of detachable cable variants.

Aug 2, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #265 of 1,969
The question I would like to know the answer to is how much more will it cost to have a detachable cable option and what connector will be used? I would assume at least $50 more but I'm sure if it came in at the same price that some people would be upset. The new detachable cables Fostex is using look different from any others and if they are using a proprietary connector that means none of my cables will work. I would prefer E-Mu use the 2.5mm connectors the same as the Nighthawk, OPPO PM1/2, Senn HD700,and others use to make things more universal. Ultimately it's not a concern for me as I can install the connectors myself but I would like to make sure the connectors will fit before ordering them.

Aug 2, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #266 of 1,969
The question I would like to know the answer to is how much more will it cost to have a detachable cable option and what connector will be used? I would assume at least $50 more but I'm sure if it came in at the same price that some people would be upset. The new detachable cables Fostex is using look different from any others and if they are using a proprietary connector that means none of my cables will work. I would prefer E-Mu use the 2.5mm connectors the same as the Nighthawk, OPPO PM1/2, Senn HD700,and others use to make things more universal. Ultimately it's not a concern for me as I can install the connectors myself but I would like to make sure the connectors will fit before ordering them.

Th610 and th900mk2 use sennheiser hd650/600 connectors

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #267 of 1,969

The last time I talked to Chan about this, they weren't going to use the Fostex connectors, but rather were going to install the detachable cables themselves, like they do with their own cups.  However, this was a couple months ago and maybe isn't the case any more, I haven't spoken with him in a while.

Aug 2, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #268 of 1,969
Regarding the socket issue, Fostex tries to install them on the metal ring so as not to cup any part of the wooden cups (the in-between gap is really narrow).
Common sockets are 3.5mm/2.5mm/mmcx/
SMC/​
mini-XLR/... . MMCX is most likely to be a best choice.
If E-MU wants to install a usual 3.5/2.5mm female socket inside, they might need to cut part of the wooden cups, which would lead to another problem: Previous sold ebony/rosewood cups may not be used on the detachable version of the headphone without modification.

I really want to see what solution E-MU would provide.

Aug 5, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #269 of 1,969
Just to update you guys. Chan has posted a solution. It seems that they are going to add a CNC-metal on the ring to install a 2.5mm socket.
Newer version is believed to be available in November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back