Dynalo board
Apr 14, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #3 of 25
afaik, djgarderner sent all of his boards to AMB for both the dynalo and dynahi, and is no longer active on the project

Apr 15, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #6 of 25
No, I just think there is a alternative to paying $12.00 + $12.20 shipping for a board, mostly because I'm attempt to get my amp up and running, It just seems waste full to spend $12.00 on something and then pay $12.20 for shipping on top of that. I just figure it would be better if can get a local member to sell me a board.

That's just my thought processes, In other words... I just want to get my Dynalo working as cheep as possible, this is desperate attempt (ie. reworking the powersupply, the regulators and the amp board with the help of aparatusonitus over at Diyaudio).

I've never seen anything go out of stock in AMB's shop, except for the dynahi boards, but that's understandable with what's going on over at headcase (Wooo!). So no, no problem with AMB, just me.

Apr 15, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #9 of 25
Just think of it the other way around then.

The board cost is $24.20 and the shipping and paypal fees are free. :)

All of which sounds like a deal compared to countless hours chasing a problem you can't track down.

Apr 15, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #11 of 25
Cobaltmute and all the others are right.

The only way a new board would cost less than one from amb (even with shipping costs) would be to get an hobbyist near you to home-etch a pair of single sided boards based on Kevin Gilmore original layouts (see on headwize).

Apr 15, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #12 of 25
Hand etched PCB boards from original Dynalo layout? Been there, done that! I blame my hand etched PCB the spawn of my own private hell from a diy project.
I can get some local professional boards done up if i wish, I'd most likely end up buying from AMB's shop before it ever gets to that stage... although getting my super regulator boards made up would be a different story.

I'll order the boards from AMB sometime this weekend, unless a community member contacts me first with intentions of selling me a board. You guys can play a mean argument.

FYI, I've already spent ~170CAD into this project, and most likely will be spending $100 trying to get it working again.

Cheers!

Apr 15, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #14 of 25

Quote:
Hand etched PCB boards from original Dynalo layout? Been there, done that! I blame my hand etched PCB the spawn of my own private hell from a diy project.

Really ? That's weird, I've had a Dynalo running with no problems on such pcb boards (powered simply by a LM317, 337 PS). The layout is good but it offers less options than the ones Amb offers.

Well, good luck to fix it, it's a good sounding amp once it's stable.

Apr 16, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #15 of 25
I manged to hear what it sounded like when I had the inputstage over biased  and the output stage over biased. I found the sound stage quite overwhelming, and I had a tendency for turning up the volume a little to much, I'll have to watch myself when i get this amp up and running.

I can't seem to upload attachments, time to use the miracle of google docs to share my super regulator board layout!
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B74nRpuy1s28YTE2OWIzZGYtODgzNS00MmRlLThjM2UtMGZjMThiYzNlNDU4&hl=en
It's a little messy at the moment, if there was any interest in a GB for something like this, I'd take the time to make it nice an' purdy. But at the moment it's just meant for a one sided hand etched board. If anyone hasn't noticed, this is a Jung regulator from a paper written by Jan Didden, with two component changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back