DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Oct 9, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #796 of 1,212
Thanks guys...I hope we get there soon as the DX50 is keeping on edge.  Like you guys said, it seems to be a bug as my DX50 is now working again.  And "yes", the battery is near full when this happened. Then again, the battery meter may not be accurate and it may just be depleted while showing full when this happened.

Oct 9, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #797 of 1,212
Hey I just tried updating the firmware and it seems like I bricked my player. I cannot access the player now as I am stuck on the  title screen that says Íbasso Audio, Digital Audio Player once you turn on. How do I update to the previous firmware as I am getting extremely frustrated!

Thanks!

Oct 9, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #798 of 1,212
Hey I just tried updating the firmware and it seems like I bricked my player. I cannot access the player now as I am stuck on the  title screen that says Íbasso Audio, Digital Audio Player once you turn on. How do I update to the previous firmware as I am getting extremely frustrated!

Thanks!

Press and hold both the power button and the volume up button together until the Restore menu appears. Scroll down to the entry marked "Wipe/Factory Reset" and enter it. You didn't brick your player. Many have experienced this problem.

Oct 9, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #799 of 1,212
Press and hold both the power button and the volume up button together until the Restore menu appears. Scroll down to the entry marked "Wipe/Factory Reset" and enter it. You didn't brick your player. Many have experienced this problem.

Thank you! Iwill probably go back to 1.16 just to play it safe. Has anyone realised sound quality difference between 1.16 to 2?

Oct 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #800 of 1,212
Yeah, it sounds great.

Steve from NYC

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #801 of 1,212
Biggest bug to me is that the first second of every song is missing! Is this something to be fixed in a future firmware release?

Sorry if this has been posted but I was unsure with how to describe this problem when I searched this thread.

Oct 13, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #806 of 1,212
  Anybody else having problems when loading music on main storage? mine just deletes some of it and then hangs occasionally... works well with pnly SD card loaded :/

I think somebody back in the thread (or on the other one) suggested that the DX50 uses the main storage to store its database and album images, which means that if it's full of your music things are going to get "interesting"
smile.gif
... personally, I only have a few GB (about 3) of my own music on the main storage, and use SD card and OTG for everything else, and things seem to work fine.

Oct 13, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #807 of 1,212
  I think somebody back in the thread (or on the other one) suggested that the DX50 uses the main storage to store its database and album images, which means that if it's full of your music things are going to get "interesting"
smile.gif
... personally, I only have a few GB (about 3) of my own music on the main storage, and use SD card and OTG for everything else, and things seem to work fine.

I was the one to suggest that. but after some more experimenting, it's safe to conclude that it prefers to delete some of the files on the main memory even if the memory occupied by these files is miniscule (I had about 1.2 gigs on it). this shouldn't be the case, because frankly, it already has a pretty good amount reserved and only 5.something gigs are available for the user. also, it also stores something on one of the root folders (not the lost.dir, the other one) and uses about 300MB for that. even if these were tags with album art, it should be sufficient for lots of  albums, and I only have like 50 albums (all lossless, filled the 32gig SD card).

I delete all of the stuff, only copy music files. every .cue, system file or separate album arts are deleted. also the tags are all in good shape, the only problem is that I have one high-res album with numbering without padded 0-s (1,2,3, instead of 01,02,03) and it screws up the order, nothing more. imagine if the main storage was something like 32 gigs and the same problem occurred! whole lots of memory would be unusable. even this 8 gigs is sufficient for quite a bit of lossless redbook albums and I can't use it...

this happened with EVERY firmware and is still happening on V. 1.2.0.

Oct 14, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #808 of 1,212
  I was the one to suggest that. but after some more experimenting, it's safe to conclude that it prefers to delete some of the files on the main memory even if the memory occupied by these files is miniscule (I had about 1.2 gigs on it). this shouldn't be the case, because frankly, it already has a pretty good amount reserved and only 5.something gigs are available for the user. also, it also stores something on one of the root folders (not the lost.dir, the other one) and uses about 300MB for that. even if these were tags with album art, it should be sufficient for lots of  albums, and I only have like 50 albums (all lossless, filled the 32gig SD card).

I delete all of the stuff, only copy music files. every .cue, system file or separate album arts are deleted. also the tags are all in good shape, the only problem is that I have one high-res album with numbering without padded 0-s (1,2,3, instead of 01,02,03) and it screws up the order, nothing more. imagine if the main storage was something like 32 gigs and the same problem occurred! whole lots of memory would be unusable. even this 8 gigs is sufficient for quite a bit of lossless redbook albums and I can't use it...

this happened with EVERY firmware and is still happening on V. 1.2.0.

These micro Linux distros typically will format the file structure as part of the reset process.  This insures the file system is not corrupted, and wipes the file system clean of everything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back