DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Sep 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #586 of 1,212
All my scan and playback issues evaporated after truncating any long filenames to 30 characters. You could try longer but only about 15% of mine were longer than that and seems long enough for most titles. Left the title tags alone and they all play fine.

Sep 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #587 of 1,212
When will the new firmware be released?  I'm not going to re-tag my songs when the very same song works fine on another player.  Hope iBasso gets this right soon.

Sep 26, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #588 of 1,212
When will the new firmware be released?  I'm not going to re-tag my songs when the very same song works fine on another player.  Hope iBasso gets this right soon.

Lately when asked about bugs and UI behavior issues, they have not given any indications as to when they'll update the firmware, so if you want to know ask them.

I understand your point not wanting to retag your files but be ready for some weird behaviors, just look at prior posts for some examples.

Sep 26, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #589 of 1,212

What type of tag issue you having?  I thought most had been solved with 1.1.6...... 

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #590 of 1,212

What type of tag issue you having?  I thought most had been solved with 1.1.6...... 

Well...I think it is related to tagging.  Most of my HD Track files are not in order on the DX50.  I don't have the same problems with other units.  My biggest beef with the unit is it continues to have problems mounting as USB storage.

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #591 of 1,212

Well...I think it is related to tagging.  Most of my HD Track files are not in order on the DX50.  I don't have the same problems with other units.  My biggest beef with the unit is it continues to have problems mounting as USB storage.

bummer... fyi some users reported it was the file copy/creation date on the SD cards of the tracks that screwed up the listing order in Directory view.  That, and you'd need to pad 0 for single digit tracks (it may show 01 on your computer but the tag themselves might be just '1', '2' instead of '01', '02' etc...

hope it would be resolved for you soon

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #592 of 1,212

bummer... fyi some users reported it was the file copy/creation date on the SD cards of the tracks that screwed up the listing order in Directory view.  That, and you'd need to pad 0 for single digit tracks (it may show 01 on your computer but the tag themselves might be just '1', '2' instead of '01', '02' etc...

Thanks....but like I said I don't have the problem using the same files on my Sony DAP, hence, I'm ask iBasso if they can resolve this issue.

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #593 of 1,212

Thanks....but like I said I don't have the problem using the same files on my Sony DAP, hence, I'm ask iBasso if they can resolve this issue.

Yup they should fix these... and this shouldn't be complicated.  I also didn't retag my few files/album that had problems with the 1.0 firmware and true enough later firmwares fixed them.  Hope they continue to be as responsive in addressing these.

Remember to shoot their support an email to give them more incentive/pressure to fix them asap!

Sep 26, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #594 of 1,212

Yup they should fix these... and this shouldn't be complicated.  I also didn't retag my few files/album that had problems with the 1.0 firmware and true enough later firmwares fixed them.  Hope they continue to be as responsive in addressing these.

Remember to shoot their support an email to give them more incentive/pressure to fix them asap!

It took them a while to get it right on the DX100 so I believe they will do the same with the DX50.  Unfortunately that means I won't be listening to it much as I can't stand hearing an album in improper track order.

Sep 26, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #595 of 1,212

It took them a while to get it right on the DX100 so I believe they will do the same with the DX50.  Unfortunately that means I won't be listening to it much as I can't stand hearing an album in improper track order.

Same way.  I have not used my DX50 at all last week due to this.

Sep 26, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #596 of 1,212

this is a very easy problem to solve if you use media monkey. I had the same issues when I first loaded up my tracks to the DX50. It took about 30 seconds to retag over 6000 flac files in the 01 format vs 1,2 etc. Now everything is working great. No issues with any of my music and I'm loving the sound of this thing!

Sep 26, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #597 of 1,212
My DX50 will only play loud white noise if I have USB charger plugged in and battery removed.
I was almost deaf.....

To be exact. If i have it running on battery, then plug in USB charger, then remove the battery, it will play loud white noise.  
So there is a possibility that while listening to it when charging the battery and if unfortunately the battery becomes dead, there will be a big problem. 

Why I did this is to run-in without keep charging the battery.......

Sep 26, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #598 of 1,212
Agree... Play order and display order is very easily fixed. I used MP3Tag (free to download) to firstly renumber the tracks in 01, 02, etc format then change all filenames to be track# title.extension limiting all to 30 letters or numbers. Took all of 3 minutes to do 5000+ tracks. Left all the tags and album art untouched and everything scans, displays and plays correctly now.

In the end I thought there was nothing in the filename that needed preserving since the titles contain all the important info about the tracks. And it hardly hurts to clean up the tags even if other DAPs display and function without this. After all it's more that those other devices are error handling better at this stage that they work where the DX50 wasn't (yet).

Sep 27, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #599 of 1,212
Agree... Play order and display order is very easily fixed. I used MP3Tag (free to download) to firstly renumber the tracks in 01, 02, etc format then change all filenames to be track# title.extension limiting all to 30 letters or numbers. Took all of 3 minutes to do 5000+ tracks. Left all the tags and album art untouched and everything scans, displays and plays correctly now.

In the end I thought there was nothing in the filename that needed preserving since the titles contain all the important info about the tracks. And it hardly hurts to clean up the tags even if other DAPs display and function without this. After all it's more that those other devices are error handling better at this stage that they work where the DX50 wasn't (yet).

Amen to that. cleaning up the tags is really important, not because DX50 can't handle them, but because tidiness and order are important everywhere. it's true for the music files too...

Sep 27, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #600 of 1,212
this is a very easy problem to solve if you use media monkey. I had the same issues when I first loaded up my tracks to the DX50. It took about 30 seconds to retag over 6000 flac files in the 01 format vs 1,2 etc. Now everything is working great. No issues with any of my music and I'm loving the sound of this thing!

Is that for 24bit FLAC albums?  I did that (use 01, 02, etc) and it did not work.  I use MP3tag as well and it takes me a lot longer than that but maybe I'm taking the ultra conservative route because I like to do things by album with all detail as not to lose any info.  I have over 30,000 files in my library.  I spent a lot of time cleaning things up with the DX100 so I expect iBasso to apply the same rules to the DX50.  I'll wait rather than manipulating my tags to adhere to a single device.  If it doesn't happen consider this one for sale.

***all of this should be sooo much easier.  With my vinyl collection all I have to do is look at the cover/record and put the record on.  Weren't things suppose to get easier with digital?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back