DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Sep 21, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #526 of 1,212
You most likely will have issues with the screen protector too then. It's not a perfect fit down to the last micrometer.

I don't really care about that and the buttons will work in and settle, but he problem of the battery cover Is that at upper left corner it is not flush with the body and is raised a bit, so you can actually push on it and it will go down. still, in hands it is impossible to feel but I'm gonna ask ibasso if they could send me a new battery cover

Sep 21, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #527 of 1,212
My pc no longer recognizes the DX50 post 1.1.6 firmware unless I Factory Reset first.  Charging works fine thankfully.  Hoping the next firmware update adds the Playlist menu...you know, so I can actually utilize that Add to Playlist function, which should open by touching the album art on the currently playing track screen.  Seems like a no brainer...

Sep 21, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #528 of 1,212
I have similar problem on all sort of devices (Fiio E17, USB TV receiver, etc.)
The following trick solves the problem on my Win7 x64 box everytime.
Use command prompt and run:

wusa /uninstall /kb:2529073

Let the computer reboot and USB devices should work.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

Sep 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #530 of 1,212
I use windows 8, the trick doesn't seem to work for me.  

I have similar problem on all sort of devices (Fiio E17, USB TV receiver, etc.)
The following trick solves the problem on my Win7 x64 box everytime.
Use command prompt and run:

wusa /uninstall /kb:2529073

Let the computer reboot and USB devices should work.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

Sep 21, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #531 of 1,212
File Playing Issues + Solution

Hey all, Ive been having issues with a few albums not playing so I did some experimenting to try to find a solution.
They were all [the problem files] vinyl rips @24/96. On some of them the player hiccuped and went back to the
start page, on others it would play some of the songs in the album and on others it froze the system.
I did the whole renaming / taking out anything that wasn't just a letter but to no avail
The only that worked - universally - was to convert the files from 24-96 to 24-48. Now they all play flawlessly.

Im posting this in hope that someone may be able to make sense of what the problem may have been?
:)

Sep 21, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #532 of 1,212
How long does the scan of the sd card take? I've got a SanDisk 64gb class 10 in the dx with around 25gb of music, so far the media scanning icon has been there for 15 mins!!

Sep 21, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #533 of 1,212
turned off after 40 minutes.  Going to delete the alac and m4a files.  Its a great but frustrating player!

Sep 21, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #534 of 1,212
Seemed to have fixed it by pulling the battery and doing a factory reset.

Sep 21, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #535 of 1,212
Did a reset/wipe about 5 times and hey presto, I have a working DX50 now...same minor issues as everyone else but at least I can hear music! Very impressed so far, looking forward to getting back home and setting it up with the DT250/250ohm

iBasso are on holiday for a few days (Mid Autumn / Mooncake festival in China) but told me any file that doesn't play, just email to them (Dropbox link is fine) and they can investigate. Can't say fairer than that. 

Sep 22, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #536 of 1,212
  Did a reset/wipe about 5 times and hey presto, I have a working DX50 now...same minor issues as everyone else but at least I can hear music! Very impressed so far, looking forward to getting back home and setting it up with the DT250/250ohm

iBasso are on holiday for a few days (Mid Autumn / Mooncake festival in China) but told me any file that doesn't play, just email to them (Dropbox link is fine) and they can investigate. Can't say fairer than that. 

yup been quite impressed by the speed they had been responding to our emails and issues etc.  Wonder if they'd eventually got burnt out! 

Sep 22, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #537 of 1,212
  Yep, I tried connecting my DX50 to the family desktop and it did the exact same thing as it did on my laptop. I've even tried doing a complete data wipe on the player hoping it would sort out whatever is going on and to no avail. It's a shame, with the exception of this one bug my player runs completely smooth. No freezing, no weird volume surges, no SD scan issues, no missing albums in the album display menu, no physical defects, and it sounds quite good. All the player needs now is a playlist app and I would be 100% happy. Looks like my player is heading back to iBasso headquarters and I'm going to be playing the waiting game again for the next couple of weeks. By the way, I have to pay shipping there and they cover shipping back, right?

If you received the unit DOA I'd ask if they can reimburse you for this. They did this for me with the DX100. Thing is if you don't ask they might not offer.

Sep 22, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #538 of 1,212
  Yep, I tried connecting my DX50 to the family desktop and it did the exact same thing as it did on my laptop. I've even tried doing a complete data wipe on the player hoping it would sort out whatever is going on and to no avail. It's a shame, with the exception of this one bug my player runs completely smooth. No freezing, no weird volume surges, no SD scan issues, no missing albums in the album display menu, no physical defects, and it sounds quite good. All the player needs now is a playlist app and I would be 100% happy. Looks like my player is heading back to iBasso headquarters and I'm going to be playing the waiting game again for the next couple of weeks. By the way, I have to pay shipping there and they cover shipping back, right?

Quote:

If you received the unit DOA I'd ask if they can reimburse you for this. They did this for me with the DX100. Thing is if you don't ask they might not offer.

No harm in asking right? 

Sep 22, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #539 of 1,212
Mine just refuses to play anything from internal storage. no problems whatsoever on sd card.

also, when I put the songs on the internal storage and updated the media library, the artist album and genre category are now empty (there was no problem when I had songs only on the sd card)

Sep 22, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #540 of 1,212
  Mine just refuses to play anything from internal storage. no problems whatsoever on sd card.

also, when I put the songs on the internal storage and updated the media library, the artist album and genre category are now empty (there was no problem when I had songs only on the sd card)

Problem solved. turns out it was faulty files, basically they were only names and no substance....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back