DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Sep 17, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #316 of 1,212
  Doesn't seem to be ordering tracks in FLAC albums in correct order. I've have tagged them with MP3TAG app (FLAC tags) and renamed them in "Album - Track# - Title" format yet still they are out of order in the displayed list. 

ex. (from the top)
track 10
track 11
track 02
track 03
etc..   why ?

track order in MP3 albums seems to be working fine.

Are you sure that the numbers are '02' and '03'? If they are '2' and '3', then they will usually appear after the 1's. E.g. 01, 02, 03, not 1, 10, 2, 3.

Sep 17, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #319 of 1,212
I'm just guessing here but I know with the Colorlfy C3 if you didn't drop the artist folders into a separate folder on your card after transferring they were always out of order. So I would create a "MUSIC" folder drag and drop all of my artists folders then create a "MUSIC 2" folder and move everything from the "MUSIC" folder to it. Then I would delete the "MUSIC" folder and rename the "MUSIC 2" folder to "MUSIC". My artists would appear alphabetically and albums and song titles would be in order as well. YMMV.

Sep 17, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #320 of 1,212
I had a couple of issues like this and I found re tagging in mp3tag, saving individual tags then select all and save then re-add to card worked for me. Only had about 3 albums do it, one was very persistent but doing what I mentioned above worked

Sep 17, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #322 of 1,212

I'm also using MP3TAG and updating all the tags did not change the FLAC album order. Also tried updating them one at a time, starting from track 1, so that the "file modified" timestamp would be in order. That didn't help.

Copying them to the memory in sequential track order did help. 

I use a little app called "CopyInOrder" to move files to the device.  Downloadable for free.  Just do a search for it.

Sep 17, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #323 of 1,212
  Doesn't seem to be ordering tracks in FLAC albums in correct order. I've have tagged them with MP3TAG app (FLAC tags) and renamed them in "Album - Track# - Title" format yet still they are out of order in the displayed list. 

ex. (from the top)
track 10
track 11
track 02
track 03
etc..   why ?

track order in MP3 albums seems to be working fine.

First time I read about this problem.
Thats a pretty annoying one :/

Sep 17, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #324 of 1,212
I'm also using MP3TAG and updating all the tags did not change the FLAC album order. Also tried updating them one at a time, starting from track 1, so that the "file modified" timestamp would be in order. That didn't help.

Copying them to the memory in sequential track order did help. 

Sounds very odd, perhaps it wasnt exactly the same issue as mine then. When id scroll through directory, find an album and click it the tracks (in a couple) would be out, say 01, 02, 05, 03, 04 etc & removing then re-adding with a bit of tag tweaking fixed it

Sep 17, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #325 of 1,212
Why there is no current / total track numbers on the screen, never seen **** like this. Am I missing something? My unit freezes every other track what a pain in the *****! I hate this player!

Sep 17, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #326 of 1,212
  Why there is no current / total track numbers on the screen, never seen **** like this. Am I missing something? My unit freezes every other track what a pain in the *****! I hate this player!

Does every asterisk stand for a single letter? I'm trying to figure out your second cuss. 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 17, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #330 of 1,212
a-r-s-e

Maybe he's British :D

But there's five letters there. Well, maybe he's a British pirate or something, so it's a-r-r-s-e :D

How about butts, maybe he has many? :wink:

I guess it's not for everyone, my question though is has he read the prior posts where instructions were given to avoid all of those issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back