DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Dec 20, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #1,036 of 1,212
It has an issue with latest version of firmware 1.2.6. It is not possible to rename files for me.

You have to be more explicit. First file naming is a computer based operations which has nothing to do with the dap. If you meant your renamed file is not picked up by the player, that's a different story. At this juncture it would be helpful if you'd explain what you are trying to achieve.

Dec 20, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #1,037 of 1,212
"I found a reason why some part of my tracks don't played by DX50. The reason is diacritical marks in the name of files and folders." That my message completely described an issue. This is example of name of file that DX50 can't play: 01 - Admeto, Rè di Tessaglia- Ouverture.flac

Dec 29, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #1,039 of 1,212
my dx50 will no longer scan any of my cards. I have 64g and 32g cards formatted exfat.

I can see the files in the directory view, but the only way it will scan is to play a track from an album, then it will scan that album. I went from 1.27 to 1.26 and same thing. I have cleaned all my tags with mp3tag, factory reset, formatted the cards, more or less everything. maybe my 2nd batch is just on the blink. have not heard anything back from ibasso so far.

I don't have anything on the internal memory, but when i did i noticed a factory reset didn't format the internal memory. is it ok to format the internal memory fat32?

Dec 29, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #1,040 of 1,212
My 12th Batch unit ws buggy from the start on 1.26 (mostly freezing on media scan and even playing).

I updated to 1.27 and now I get nothing but static playing.

I think I got a defective unit.

Will contact ibasso for advice.

Dec 29, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #1,041 of 1,212
  my dx50 will no longer scan any of my cards. I have 64g and 32g cards formatted exfat.

I can see the files in the directory view, but the only way it will scan is to play a track from an album, then it will scan that album. I went from 1.27 to 1.26 and same thing. I have cleaned all my tags with mp3tag, factory reset, formatted the cards, more or less everything. maybe my 2nd batch is just on the blink. have not heard anything back from ibasso so far.

I don't have anything on the internal memory, but when i did i noticed a factory reset didn't format the internal memory. is it ok to format the internal memory fat32?

Did you follow the instructions I gave you on the other thread? Have you deleted the .audio_data on your external microSD card after performing a factory reset (it deletes what's in the .album_img directory). Once you do those in that order you need to pop the card out and in again, if you see the scan card/browse menu item you are almost there, then you select scan card and it should take a while depending on your card total content.

Let me know if you get to this point. If not then you might have a defective DX50.

Dec 29, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #1,042 of 1,212
  Did you follow the instructions I gave you on the other thread? Have you deleted the .audio_data on your external microSD card after performing a factory reset (it deletes what's in the .album_img directory). Once you do those in that order you need to pop the card out and in again, if you see the scan card/browse menu item you are almost there, then you select scan card and it should take a while depending on your card total content.

Let me know if you get to this point. If not then you might have a defective DX50.

yes deleted everything including the .audio_data and .album_image folders, many factory resets. i did the double card and it does ask to scan the card, but the scan is less than a second, then the files show up if you browse directory, nothing else unless you play a track, then that album does scan. tried both my cards, same thing.

Dec 29, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #1,043 of 1,212
yes deleted everything including the .audio_data and .album_image folders, many factory resets. i did the double card and it does ask to scan the card, but the scan is less than a second, then the files show up if you browse directory, nothing else unless you play a track, then that album does scan. tried both my cards, same thing.

That's pretty odd, when I follow the steps, the scan takes longer and the tag database is eventually built which makes the album list work. Try re installing the firmware as the last resort. Once you have updated the os, shutdown the player and perform the factory reset in recovery mode. Prior to doing that make sure the .audio_data and any other dap folders on the external card are gone. Once you reboot to the dx50 after firmware install and factory reset, insert the 64 gb card in to enable a scan.

Now I assume you 64gb card is fully accessible in windows as well correct?

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #1,044 of 1,212
i have been through installing the os a few times, even went back to earlier versions, with a factory reset after deleting the .iso image. no problem seeing the card when plugged into my USB reader. the DX will see the files, just will not scan and build the database unless i want to do it one album at a time by playing one track, that scans that album. i guess it's possible to do. i wonder what ibasso will say. hmm.. thanks again!

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #1,045 of 1,212

Very strange indeed.. if there is nothing dap-related in either the microSD card (.audio_data folder) or the internal memory (.album_image folder), the scan should definitely work, especially after doing a factory reset… I'm just throwing this out, as i don't really think it will (or should:)!) make a difference, but have you tried to delete also the LOST.DIR folder (I would definitely try deleting the one on the microSD card, it certainly isn't there the first time you scan the card, maybe also the one on the internal memory)?

If all else fails, I'm afraid that contacting IBasso is the only other solution...

Best of luck,

G

Jan 2, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #1,046 of 1,212
Hello all new to this club and to the site!! I just updated my brand new DX50 to 1.2.7 and my track list is now:

After reading about the unit and having tagging issues (as well as my own OCD and 10,000+ library) I changed my tagging style from:

01. Continuum to
1 Continuum (dropping the leading zero and dot)

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

Thanks Much and 
Be Well

Jan 2, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #1,047 of 1,212
  Hello all new to this club and to the site!! I just updated my brand new DX50 to 1.2.7 and my track list is now:

After reading about the unit and having tagging issues (as well as my own OCD and 10,000+ library) I changed my tagging style from:

01. Continuum to
1 Continuum (dropping the leading zero and dot)

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

Thanks Much and 
Be Well

Welcome, and by all means, go back to using a leading zero (or you WILL have that kind of sequence
wink_face.gif
- 1, 10, 11, 2 etc - ). In my library I have mainly a " - " separating track and title in the filename (as you used before), some ". " (as you are now using), and a very few " " (just space), with no particular problem on any of them, so I think that you can choose the separator you estethically prefer… one thing that a few have mentioned that seems to be of use is to limit the length of the filename to about 30 characters or so - MP3Tag has very good functionality to rename a large number of files based on tags and to simultaneously limit the filename length.

Hope that helps,

G

Jan 2, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #1,048 of 1,212
  Welcome, and by all means, go back to using a leading zero (or you WILL have that kind of sequence
wink_face.gif
- 1, 10, 11, 2 etc - ). In my library I have mainly a " - " separating track and title in the filename (as you used before), some ". " (as you are now using), and a very few " " (just space), with no particular problem on any of them, so I think that you can choose the separator you estethically prefer… one thing that a few have mentioned that seems to be of use is to limit the length of the filename to about 30 characters or so - MP3Tag has very good functionality to rename a large number of files based on tags and to simultaneously limit the filename length.

Hope that helps,

G

That absolutely helps and I have spent HOURS listening to music as I perfectly TAG hundreds of other files. MP3Tag is a godsend. There are so many tricks and the forum people are super helpful with figuring out a way to do whatever yr trying to do to 100's of songs.  Thanks again! 

Jan 2, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #1,049 of 1,212
iBasso asked me to send my dx50 back due to scanning issues. no address on their web site, and I would like to get it going ASAP due to upcoming Chinese holiday. Any ideas on best shipping from USA?

Still waiting for an email back with an address and/or RMA number.

Jan 2, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #1,050 of 1,212
  iBasso asked me to send my dx50 back due to scanning issues. no address on their web site, and I would like to get it going ASAP due to upcoming Chinese holiday. Any ideas on best shipping from USA?

Still waiting for an email back with an address and/or RMA number.

Where did you buy it from?? Directly I guess? Not sure, kind of a toss up. I have sent things on a Bass forum to other parts: Russia, Australia (twice) and I used the standard USPS. But with time being an issue, another route may be better.

If they are RMA'ing it shouldn't they cover shipping and send you a UPS or FedEx label?? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back