DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Dec 15, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #1,021 of 1,212
First the wider soundstage can be explained by your friend leaving your bedroom door opened
wink.gif

Yes the new Db makes it a breeze now the only thing is to set it up right in the beginning then you're smooth sailing! In doubt meaning no cover arts delete the damn .audio_data directory on your SD card, rescan and voila they are back!

:D haha yeah, it may very well be some placebo...

sometimes I'm amazed how differently can DX50 sounds to my ears. one day I might be listening to a song and my emotional response would be meh, but sometimes it sounds so eargasmic, I can't hold the grin off of my face :D

Dec 15, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #1,022 of 1,212
:D haha yeah, it may very well be some placebo...

sometimes I'm amazed how differently can DX50 sounds to my ears. one day I might be listening to a song and my emotional response would be meh, but sometimes it sounds so eargasmic, I can't hold the grin off of my face :D

Same here music, tunes mood all contribute to enjoyment but one thing is for sure a great player makes it all that more interesting.

Dec 15, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #1,023 of 1,212
I don't know what you guys use to listen to the old and updated firmware but the SQ has not moved that much if any between the two I was on 1.2.5 yesterday moved to 1.2.6 and zit no changes whatsoever if my friend would have switched the fw without me knowing it I would have not known I was on a different version.
I would have. I'm using a JDS C5 and the MDR 7520.

Dec 15, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #1,024 of 1,212
I *think* I can hear some differences between firmwares, but I suspect it might be due to (1)attentional bias & (2)our perception of change. The sound signature and presentation when switching from another player to the DX50 would make the DX50 sound pretty clear and airy compared to most other DAPs. We notice these diffetences instead of perceiving the sound objectively like a machine. Of course, attentional bias (followed by confirmation bias) would lead us to focus on the good or bad aspects of the sound web hear.

Thus possibly accounting for wildly different perception of sound signature between firmwares.

Dec 15, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #1,026 of 1,212
lol like it's gonna make a difference the amp you are using. :wink_face:

I did check my iPhone 5s from the lod to my usual amp used for the DX50 and sad to say, still no match for the DX50. Now that is a sound difference you can definitively pick up.
lolz amazing. Who would have guessed. I have been fortunate enough to have a DX50 4th generation with absolutely no problems. In terms of firmware 1.2.2, 1.2.5, and 1.2.6 the only difference in SQ that I heard was in version 1.2.6.I'll stick to my gun's on this one.I am now enjoying 1.2.5 again as I would imagine you are with version 1.2.6. In fact,I enjoy the DX50 more then my HM 901.

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #1,029 of 1,212

I'm pretty sure it can. at least mine. all of my flacs are encoded in level 8. well, almost all of them

I can confirm that too. I have (a lot I think) level 8 flacs!

Dec 20, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #1,034 of 1,212
Thanks for replies. I found a reason why some part of my tracks don't played by DX50. The reason is diacritical marks in the name of files and folders.

It has been an issue with prior revisions however I always try to play "better being safe than sorry". I still remove any characters I feel might choke the playback function and so far not a single slip, stutter, freeze for that matter any out of function behaviors, it just acts as a solid enjoyable dap. That means the only comparasions I do is in the musical domain and not the functional one. It also helps me to stop recovering from crashes and truly put mileage on the player and use my time for other more important activities. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back