DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Nov 29, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #1,006 of 1,212
  It's mostly a hardware issue. Mango is running on a single core, single thread CPU and it puts pretty much all of its effort into expanding music files and feeding the DAC. There's a bit of latency as it shifts to handling user input. The touch screen seems more responsive because that latency happens while you wait for the screen to activate.

I have no real latency on the screen (measured in real time not from my interpretation of it). I can click the button 10 times before it actually skips to the next track, so it's not just latency but actual response.

Dec 5, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #1,010 of 1,212
Has anyone experienced this kind of problem? The touchscreen will not work and I have to take out the battery to turn it back on.
frown.gif

Dec 10, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #1,016 of 1,212
From using the 1.2.6 update i feel that DX50 lost its energy... not as crisp and lacking in attack(is that what we call it?)

i was thinking maybe there can be an audiophile firmware and a fun sounding firmware?(Wish list) hehe...

i hope to have the sound from 1.2.5 back or improvments.(wish list again?)

Dec 15, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #1,017 of 1,212
From using the 1.2.6 update i feel that DX50 lost its energy... not as crisp and lacking in attack(is that what we call it?)

i was thinking maybe there can be an audiophile firmware and a fun sounding firmware?(Wish list) hehe...

I noticed it also. Dynamics are gone.

Dec 15, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #1,018 of 1,212

I noticed it also. Dynamics are gone.

I don't know what you guys use to listen to the old and updated firmware but the SQ has not moved that much if any between the two I was on 1.2.5 yesterday moved to 1.2.6 and zit no changes whatsoever if my friend would have switched the fw without me knowing it I would have not known I was on a different version.

Dec 15, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #1,019 of 1,212
I don't know what you guys use to listen to the old and updated firmware but the SQ has not moved that much if any between the two I was on 1.2.5 yesterday moved to 1.2.6 and zit no changes whatsoever if my friend would have switched the fw without me knowing it I would have not known I was on a different version.

+1 the only thing I noticed is that the soundstage got maybe a tiny bit wider. that's all.

Oh, and I have good news for you guys:

you know how my DX50 used to wipe out the **** of my music on the internal storage? it doesn't do that any more!!! usually it did that after several hours, when I shut it off and powered back again few times. now everything's there from the day one the 1.2.6 came out. I think that's connected to the new database format or whatever the hell that is you guys have been talking about earlier in this thread...

Dec 15, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #1,020 of 1,212
+1 the only thing I noticed is that the soundstage got maybe a tiny bit wider. that's all.

Oh, and I have good news for you guys:

you know how my DX50 used to wipe out the **** of my music on the internal storage? it doesn't do that any more!!! usually it did that after several hours, when I shut it off and powered back again few times. now everything's there from the day one the 1.2.6 came out. I think that's connected to the new database format or whatever the hell that is you guys have been talking about earlier in this thread...

First the wider soundstage can be explained by your friend leaving your bedroom door opened :wink:

Yes the new Db makes it a breeze now the only thing is to set it up right in the beginning then you're smooth sailing! In doubt meaning no cover arts delete the damn .audio_data directory on your SD card, rescan and voila they are back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back