DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Aug 21, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #2,432 of 3,609
Quote:
I got this a few weeks ago to store all my music and it works wonderfully. Small, compact, fast, well designed, lots of storage, and good price too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ZPJNHW/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the recommendation. This Sony USB drive looks really nice!

I also find the above WD My Passport Ultra to be quite slim... Fingers crossed hoping this will work with the OTG thing.................................

I believe most of us have multiple TBs.... of music files.....

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #2,433 of 3,609
Quote:

Thanks for the recommendation. This Sony USB drive looks really nice!

I also find the above WD My Passport Ultra to be quite slim... Fingers crossed hoping this will work with the OTG thing.................................

I believe most of us have multiple TBs.... of music files.....

I have been using this portable drive 
size]

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #2,436 of 3,609
Hey guys, is the DX50 even capable of powering a HDD?

Just a curious Head-Fi'er..I'm new to using HDD as a substitute for SDs:)

Not sure, i emailed them to ask this question and inquire about certified drives... Understand that they will be busy with the launch and such..
Hopefully, most of us will be able to find out by ourselves in next week or so

Aug 21, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #2,437 of 3,609
I emailed ibasso earlier about USB OTG, this is their reply: 

Hi,
Thank you for your email.
The DX50 can connect to external storage via OTG.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

My email was more about wanting to know weather DX50 can be used with an external USB Dac, so this email doesn't say much regarding that. Probably will not be able to be used in such a way.

Aug 21, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #2,439 of 3,609
Not necessarily a straight one-to-one trade. My situation is that I also have 901. So the key draw, and use case, for my ak120 is when I want to go really light, need 6+ hrs for long commute, or on days I m not sure I would have a lot of time to listen. Otherwise I find myself always picking up the 901. Therefore in my case it make sense to sacrifice some SQ and recoup 1k or so if dx50 can cut it. Or I ended up sending it to vinnie and keep it as a portable usb dac and transport.

All depends on how much SQ gap I find to see whether dx50 can really take ak120's spot for my usage.
Makes sense...now I am more tempted by 901...

Aug 21, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #2,442 of 3,609
For those who don't want to deal with DHL (that's who iBasso used to ship my D42) and their outrageous, uncalled for, criminal fees:  You can request EMS which is what I did this time.  I'm not sure how well it will work but anything to avoid DHL and FedEx.

Aug 21, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #2,445 of 3,609
Ordered yesterday and have had a response from Ibasso to say that I'm in the first batch. Pleased with that and seems a reasonable price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back