DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Sep 3, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #3,481 of 3,609
Quote:
Well the problem is that the Fioo representative, James, won't explain what organizational structure does and does not work, nor will he commit to whether it will actually be addressed in firmware updates.

One person has posted that a file structure organized by artist and album works for him.  Many more people have posted that it doesn't.  If I could get one to try and return if it didn't work for me, then it would be a different story.

James has already said that the file structure browsing and indexing was designed for how most Chinese people listen to music.  As far as I can tell that means throwing 5000 pop singles into one folder and hitting random play, or by using ID3 tags to organize by artist.  Problem is that it doesn't handle ID3 tags correctly for all formats.

So it's a big mystery.  The forum has a problem that when anyone asks a legitimate question or posts a valid concern, there are half a dozen members that are for want of a better term, are fIOo apologists.  They jump in an effectively invalidate these posts by positing some barely satisfactory work around or by directly attacking the poster by dismissing the problem as being related to the way that he listens to music, or as a feature not being needed, or wrong in some way.  One post even questioned whether the posters problem with the DB indexing was caused by unplugging the device from the computer in some undefined incorrect sequence

That X3 thread is really quite dysfunctional.

I have an X3 and a DX50 on order. Most likely I will only retain one of them. In my case, I have a 64GB card mostly full with album folders within artist folders and it appears to index and work properly. The amp is fine for listening to music on the move but line out to either my SR71 or Tomahawk sounds a bit better, particularly when I'm using my HD650. Not bad by any means.

But the reason I'm looking at alternatives is that I work in the computer industry. I'm very familiar with products shipping before they're ready or before entirely understanding the user community being targeted. While it's nice that FiiO is spending time resolving the issues but quite frankly, I didn't pay list price to be a beta tester and there's far too many problems for my taste. So we'll see how the DX50 works. 

Rob

Sep 3, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #3,482 of 3,609
I have a slightly wonky theory...

I wonder if iBasso needed more money to complete production of the DX50, so they opened up pre-orders to get some cash flow, then finally proceeded with completing production while blaming it on "errors".

It's just strange to me because of the excuse they gave.

Sep 3, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #3,483 of 3,609
The email says that the units will be shipped on thursday because the planned delivery has been postponed.

So maybe I'll get a very late-first batch unit? :D

He must already be first batch as the 2nd batch was already planned for the 6th and Thursday is the 5th. I reckon this could be an ever so slight added delay to the first batch

Sep 3, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #3,484 of 3,609
Quote:
He must already be first batch as the 2nd batch was already planned for the 6th and Thursday is the 5th. I reckon this could be an ever so slight added delay to the first batch

Possible.
But lets just not spread rumors here :)

Sep 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #3,485 of 3,609
Quote:
And you were supposed to share this with us today?
biggrin.gif

LOL 

Sep 3, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #3,486 of 3,609
iBasso reimbursed me for the first of three shipments back to China...the others I had to pay for @ $45 each time. 

Funny how my example of a car threw a tangent here...a humorous tangent at that!

We'll get our units when we get them...I'm confident that we'll all be pleasantly surprised. 

Sep 3, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #3,487 of 3,609
That's still pretty nice of them, usually companies in this industry are adamant about return shipping being burdened by buyers ONLY unless it's a DoA... But then again they're located in China, not NA so...
Quote:
iBasso reimbursed me for the first of three shipments back to China...the others I had to pay for @ $45 each time. 

Funny how my example of a car threw a tangent here...a humorous tangent at that!

We'll get our units when we get them...I'm confident that we'll all be pleasantly surprised. 

Sep 3, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #3,491 of 3,609
I don't know about you guys but I am pretty excited, counting the days now.
smily_headphones1.gif

I messaged Ibasso yesterday and they said they are shipping it on Tuesday. Also, people who bought first batch will receive a second battery as a gesture of good will.

Sep 3, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #3,492 of 3,609
  I messaged Ibasso yesterday and they said they are shipping it on Tuesday. Also, people who bought first batch will receive a second battery as a gesture of good will.

My unit is going to get shipped on thursday which makes it neither first batch nor second batch :D
Normally I really would not care about which batch I get my order from, but an second battery for free? Would be cool.

Sep 3, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #3,493 of 3,609
  My unit is going to get shipped on thursday which makes it neither first batch nor second batch :D
Normally I really would not care about which batch I get my order from, but an second battery for free? Would be cool.

Hi,
I am very sorry about the delay.
We are going to send out all of the 1st batch order today.
We will include a spare battery as compensation.
I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Sep 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #3,494 of 3,609
  Hi,
I am very sorry about the delay.
We are going to send out all of the 1st batch order today.
We will include a spare battery as compensation.
I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Okay, I guess that means I get a unit from the second batch. Still slightly odd that the units MP4Audio is offering are getting shipped on the 5th and not on the 6th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back