DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Sep 2, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #3,451 of 3,609
Quote:
One of the main reasons for me to get a DX50 or any other DAPs to replace my Clip+ is so I can ditch the amp and keep my portable rig as simple as possible.  I guess that revelation about the X5 will make my wallet a bit happier.

+1
And I can finally listen to my HD-tracks on the go :)

Sep 2, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #3,452 of 3,609
Quote:
In other news, James (Fiio) appears to have made an inexplicably bizarre engineering decision on the X5, which (IMO) may scupper it before it's even released:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/661411/fiio-x5-thread-info-updated-on-6-24-13-and-feature-poll-added-for-future-successor/1035#post_9766289 :

I hope the DX50's amp section doesn't prove too weak, by comparison with it's bigger brother. Obviously, there will be some compromise, but I just hope it's not too excessive.

Ouch, we were hoping for that BIG horse power boost, but I guess it's just got more features with that old tried and true engine... ok so I'm out of car jokes :/ 

Sep 2, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #3,453 of 3,609
Usually they ask to ship it tracked and declared low as a "usb sound card" so it passes through their customs easily.
Quote:

Do you mean iBasso will pay the shipping cost for sending the unit back to factory for repair? If yes, how this thing works?

I also heard that there is always a problem to send the units back to China because they may stuck in China custom for weeks or months.
Anyone has experienced this issue?

We're messing around. In Austria, BMW offers 2 years warranty while in North America, it's four. And then we went further OT lol. I don't know, I think if there's something blatantly obvious that was their fault, I think they would reimburse shipping back.
Quote:
They did that for me with the DX100 due to it coming to my house DOA. They reimbursed me for my shipping back to them. I don't think they will cover you unless the unit comes to your house defective as is. So they are offering more than a years worth of warranty? Are you guys not getting things mixed up like on the DX100. They offer to cover labor free of charge for 10 years on the DX100 but you have to pay for the parts after the first year.

Sep 2, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #3,454 of 3,609
Sep 2, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #3,456 of 3,609
Quote:
Not sure anyone has posted this...
when I google ibasso DX50.. i got this

[size=medium]http://www.ibasso.com/en/products/show.asp?ID=81[/size]

and when you scroll to the bottom of the same page.. you get this info

[size=medium]First batch: 300pcs, will be s[/size][size=medium]hipped on Aug 26th. (all of the first batch DX50s were reserved)
Second batch: 500pcs, will be shipped on Sep 6th. (all of the second batch DX50s were reserved)
Third batch: 500pcs, will be shipped on Sep 16th..
[/size]

So has anyone recevided their unit???

I'll be the nice one to simply say...

... better delete/edit your post and go back about 50 pages and start reading from there.  You'll find your answer.  :wink:

Sep 3, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #3,463 of 3,609
Ok, so this is "delivery normally within 1 to 2 months"
And it still ridiculously expensive

BUT-1TB flash drive!:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-Technology-1TB-HyperX-Predator/dp/B00E65QM8O/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1378206882&sr=1-2&keywords=DTHXP30%2F1TB

Any others out there?

Sep 3, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #3,464 of 3,609
This is gonna be an unpopular comment, but i am also giving second thought of this device considering x3 will also be able to do otg....

Sep 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #3,465 of 3,609
Quote:
This is gonna be an unpopular comment, but i am also giving second thought of this device considering x3 will also be able to do otg....

AND james was talking about DSD. I personally have some DSD stuff and not having to convert it to FLAC would be useful, butit's not that important to me, though I'm sure it's a big plus for some. although the DX50 has some features over the X3 that can't be implemented through software change (battery, buttons, touchscreen, better quality screen) and supposedly more neutral iBasso sound over the "warm" fiio sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back