DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Mar 3, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #9,047 of 10,353
So it charges Digital battery but not analog in this mode ?
Charging wasn’t ticket when activating DAC mode on Android in Mango App but I am puzzled myself and will check Android USB settings but short answer in my current scenario: yes it seems so

Edit: my impression is that with charging tick box off only digital battery is being charged and with checkbox now on analogue battery is being charged too…
Bug?
No different setting found in Android besides enabling or disabling data transfer (currently data transfer enabled)

Edit2: now seeing that digital battery is being charged above the 92% it was residing on before without charging tick box checked I start to believe that in DAC mode you have almost no digital drain or the charge is kept and not increased

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #9,048 of 10,353
Does anyone have interests in obtaining my Burson Amp11 ? My losses is your gain. I want to move this to the next person who enjoys it and funds my next project. The module will work with any models that take this Gen 2 Modular from Ibasso, which includes but not limited to Dx300/320/X (potential future DAP).

Based on MKII Amp11

This is beyond complex in comparisons to the most extreme modification EX package: the result is a higher gain Amp module with improved performances which carry the traits of Burson V6Classic discrete amp signatures

The stock opamps are swapped out with 2X Dual Burson V6 Classic, and for more info, you can check it from the followings official site
https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/supreme-sound-opamp-v6/

The power supplies is configured accordingly to Burson guidelines and advices.

The interconnect wires are Pure Silver gold plating Litz wires from Hakugei brand, Also consisting of Pure Solid silver wires for ground planes

You will find POS-Cap, Nichicon Fine gold, Kemet/Vishay film and Rubycon PML capacitors as an additional upgrades. Further adhering the Burson with Epoxy for dampening and insulation purposes all together.

The 3.5mm is eliminated, but the 2.5mm remains

I will refuse any inquiries for making a similar module as this was very time consuming, and the complexity is up the roof top. This was a result of a long time development project. Only one ! First come first served.

You must have known me well enough by now, please PM for any questions.

Sound signatures: more palpable timbres, with great micro dynamics, slower transients and warmer, which bring musicality to the overall system. This post is subjected to removal once moved. Please do not quote

Technically speaking, this is the only module that is Discrete input and discrete output for a portable player. Practically speaking, only the Dx300 platform can enjoy this versatility

**This module requires no burn-in as it is already done. I also recommend Low gain usage, and the module will consume more battery**. There will also be more heat generated, but won’t be as bad as even N8ii.

1A683078-7F57-4FB4-ADE5-3004A2019280.jpegE11AF8EB-90D2-4FAB-B1A8-0C668C2DE794.jpeg
Looks like the Upside Down from Stranger Things.
I’m sure it sounds great ! Good luck with the sale :)

Mar 3, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #9,049 of 10,353
Have people found that amp 14 benefits from burn in? Compared to the stock amp11, it sounds a bit dull and muddy. Less detailed, less separation, but also less rich in the overtones and with faster decay. Virtually no pings or interference from wifi which is nice, but do I just need to run it in more to show off its full potential?

Mar 3, 2023 at 7:59 PM Post #9,050 of 10,353
Have people found that amp 14 benefits from burn in? Compared to the stock amp11, it sounds a bit dull and muddy. Less detailed, less separation, but also less rich in the overtones and with faster decay. Virtually no pings or interference from wifi which is nice, but do I just need to run it in more to show off its full potential?
It will always be like that, its tube vs a very competent solid state.
When i had the dx320 back in a days, i always preferred the stock amp for detail retrieval and texturing. Tube amps have a different signature (i loved the amp13 but it was lacking detail and texture, just too soft to be universal for me).
From memory the stock amp is a microdetail monster, with great separation. The tubes will give you more soundstage, reverbs and more distorted bass but will leave you wanting more microdetail.

Mar 3, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #9,051 of 10,353
Give it like at least 200 hours. Then when I'm put my AMP11.2 back in OMG. My DX320x feel lifeless and flat compare to AMP14.

Mar 3, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #9,052 of 10,353
It will always be like that, its tube vs a very competent solid state.
When i had the dx320 back in a days, i always preferred the stock amp for detail retrieval and texturing. Tube amps have a different signature (i loved the amp13 but it was lacking detail and texture, just too soft to be universal for me).
From memory the stock amp is a microdetail monster, with great separation. The tubes will give you more soundstage, reverbs and more distorted bass but will leave you wanting more microdetail.
I've heard plenty of tube implementations that were as clear and packed full of detail as the best SS amps. I was hoping iBasso had that kind of implementation with their tube options. However if the issue is that it takes some amount of hours for those qualities to come through, then that's another story. Guess I can use the burn in cable and test it.

Edit: No, apparently the burn in cable is too small. Sigh.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #9,053 of 10,353
I've heard plenty of tube implementations that were as clear and packed full of detail as the best SS amps. I was hoping iBasso had that kind of implementation with their tube options. However if the issue is that it takes some amount of hours for those qualities to come through, then that's another story. Guess I can use the burn in cable and test it.
I havent heard the amp14 so cant comment on that. But ive had almost 80h on the amp13 and it didnt change its characteristicts at all. I would even say that it become even softer. Is it a con? NO, it was just a different presentation and i loved it. But it definitely wasnt an "allrounder" for me.
The tubes give more reverberations and can slightly widen a soundstage. That was the case with the amp13 for me and i really enjoyed it. It sounded almost life-like but the notes were soft and i missed the microdetail from the stock amp sometimes.
People here say that the amp14 is more reference so maybe its a good sweet spot but i have never heard this one so...

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #9,054 of 10,353
I havent heard the amp14 so cant comment on that. But ive had almost 80h on the amp13 and it didnt change its characteristicts at all. I would even say that it become even softer. Is it a con? NO, it was just a different presentation and i loved it. But it definitely wasnt an "allrounder" for me.
The tubes give more reverberations and can slightly widen a soundstage. That was the case with the amp13 for me and i really enjoyed it. It sounded almost life-like but the notes were soft and i missed the microdetail from the stock amp sometimes.
People here say that the amp14 is more reference so maybe its a good sweet spot but i have never heard this one so...
I’m going to let it burn in for a while and try again.

Mar 4, 2023 at 1:08 AM Post #9,056 of 10,353
Looks like the issue wasn’t with the 320 or the amp but with my IEMs, the Campfire Vega. It may be poor synergy with the Vega and the amp 14, as it did sound better with Amp11mk2s, but once I switched to the ie600 I got all the details, separation, and soundstage I was missing with amp 14. Now it sounds absolutely intoxicating.

Mar 4, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #9,057 of 10,353
Looks like the issue wasn’t with the 320 or the amp but with my IEMs, the Campfire Vega. It may be poor synergy with the Vega and the amp 14, as it did sound better with Amp11mk2s, but once I switched to the ie600 I got all the details, separation, and soundstage I was missing with amp 14. Now it sounds absolutely intoxicating.
Maybe IEMs themselves play role there. Just my guessing tho.

From all the IEMs I own or had only Honeydew didn't pair well with AMP14. With AMP11.2 Honeydew have some detail and ok stage, while AMP14 make the Honeydew sound dull and even bloat.

Anything else such as Monarch MKii sound beautiful with AMP14, Kublai Khan sound truly wonderful with AMP14, and MM sound sublime.

I also notice that at least for IEMs above AMP14 perform at it best with high gain as EST or Piezo drivers really shine with high gain.

Mar 4, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #9,058 of 10,353

From all the IEMs I own or had only Honeydew didn't pair well with AMP14. With AMP11.2 Honeydew have some detail and ok stage, while AMP14 make the Honeydew sound dull and even bloat.

Anything else such as Monarch MKii sound beautiful with AMP14, Kublai Khan sound truly wonderful with AMP14, and MM sound sublime.

I also notice that at least for IEMs above AMP14 perform at it best with high gain as EST or Piezo drivers really shine with high gain.
Wow you have Multiverse Mentor paired with it?

Mar 4, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #9,059 of 10,353

Interesting as Honeydew is also a Campfire IEM. The Vega sounded a lot better out of the DC03 Pro. Odd that the Vega would have less than great synergy since it’s a single DD and not affected by the OI output of the source. However, as a single DD perhaps it might wake up with high gain as you mentioned. I’ll have to give it a try.

Mar 4, 2023 at 5:18 AM Post #9,060 of 10,353
Wow you have Multiverse Mentor paired with it?
24aaaaa.jpg

Had it for week or so. Ended up keep only two of these as to my ears match my preference better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back