DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jul 30, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #5,026 of 10,343
Speaking of odd behavior, I have also noticed that when I hit the power button (to turn the screen off), if I touch the screen within a short enough period of time (something like 1-2 seconds), the screen will come back on. It has been this way (for me) since day one even with "tap to wake" turned off. Not a big deal, just something one has to get used to.
I turned to the lock screen completely off. It had zero issues using the power button to be wake up the display. I also had double tap turned on to turn on the display and I got similar behavior where I would get the black screen but the back light was on behind it. I turned off that feature and I have yet to have that. Is you again so it seems like that settings can also cause the issue as well. Once the lock screen was disabled and double tap was disabled then the screen comes on as expected without having to press the power button 3 times now.

Jul 30, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #5,027 of 10,343
Those are the indigo and the aroma audio jewel I also have the gold bar in there with the dx320
Nice set of options. I considered indigo but felt Mest was more discrete. Indigo inside a Mesh shell would have been a slam dunk decision. Looking forward to the electrostatic experience.

Jul 30, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #5,028 of 10,343
I turned to the lock screen completely off. It had zero issues using the power button to be wake up the display. I also had double tap turned on to turn on the display and I got similar behavior where I would get the black screen but the back light was on behind it. I turned off that feature and I have yet to have that. Is you again so it seems like that settings can also cause the issue as well. Once the lock screen was disabled and double tap was disabled then the screen comes on as expected without having to press the power button 3 times now.
I can't say I have ever had that happen. I always have those options off though. I experimented with them briefly, but I don't think that the double tap to wake is there yet. Nice idea though!

Jul 30, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #5,029 of 10,343
To clarify, I have WiFi on 320 off when streaming Roon to iPhone connected via usb DAC mode to 320.

With WiFi on the 320 active, anywhere in my house with mesh network yields noise. In my case constant not just song loading. This is all 5ghz connection. Nest mesh doesn’t allow you to turn off 5ghz.

For me, it’s not a deal breaker nor issue. I’d like to keep record of my circumstances on this thread where RFI interference occurs to help find a solution.
This is my biggest issue with mesh routers. You don't get to pick between 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz. the mesh router dicides and you can't force it. About the best you can do is get far away as 2.4ghz has a longer range then 5ghz and is slower but for music streaming purposes it's still more then enough bandwidth for any music streaming.

Personally wifi 7 sounds like the biggest upgrade. Yes, I know wifi 6 (or 6e) is out as 6e actually uses the 6ghz channel. The great think about wifi 7 is it looks at all 3 frequencies as one big pipe so they can all be used by a single device with a compatible wifi chip. It just determines the fastest speed by combining all 3 frequencies into basically a raid 0 pipe. You can be connected to all 3 frequencies and combine the bandwidth of all 3 frequencies at once. Obviously this wouldn't fix the RF interference issues. Outside a redesign it won't happen. If they did early adopters would have a major issue with this and I'm pretty sure iBasso was aware of the issue but when engineers are throwing their hands up because it can't be solved, at least without introducing new issues or pushing the release back but only if it could actually be fixed due to it's design.

I seriously doubt anyone will be able to shield it properly without causing a potential worse issue like overheating or possible damage to the amp itself by trying to shield it yourself although I would like to be proven wrong. I just think if this issue could be resolved it would have been fixed before it shipped and iBasso realized they were not going to be able to get rid of it completely.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #5,030 of 10,343
I can't say I have ever had that happen. I always have those options off though. I experimented with them briefly, but I don't think that the double tap to wake is there yet. Nice idea though!
It's under Settings > Display

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220730-160348.png
    Screenshot_20220730-160348.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 0
Jul 30, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #5,031 of 10,343
Is there anyone who noticed the sound signature changing a few hours after the latest firmware update. I have been scratching my hair out trying to figure why my DX signature went warm in the middle of a track. I am using amp 11.2.

I did 4 restarts after firmware update and thought the signature would be set in stone but it has settled into a new signature. I heard the signature getting warmer on balanced connection until the bass developed a rising shelf. All my initial impressions are now irrelevant. I power down the DX for charging and feel this may be causing the firmware to optimize after a few on/off cycles.

The other thing I can think of is the DX assumes amp 13 is installed and applies that filter by default then switches filter if a solid state amp is detected. This would explain why initially, bass was lean, midrange was recessed and treble was raised. Treble is now smooth, bass is pounding and male vocals now have more body.

To complicate things further both the dap is still breaking in, but would it cause the signature to change character within one track?

Anyone switching between amps may need to give the dap some time to optimize sound quality.

Jul 30, 2022 at 5:29 PM Post #5,033 of 10,343
This is my biggest issue with mesh routers. You don't get to pick between 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz. the mesh router dicides and you can't force it. About the best you can do is get far away as 2.4ghz has a longer range then 5ghz and is slower but for music streaming purposes it's still more then enough bandwidth for any music streaming.

Personally wifi 7 sounds like the biggest upgrade. Yes, I know wifi 6 (or 6e) is out as 6e actually uses the 6ghz channel. The great think about wifi 7 is it looks at all 3 frequencies as one big pipe so they can all be used by a single device with a compatible wifi chip. It just determines the fastest speed by combining all 3 frequencies into basically a raid 0 pipe. You can be connected to all 3 frequencies and combine the bandwidth of all 3 frequencies at once. Obviously this wouldn't fix the RF interference issues. Outside a redesign it won't happen. If they did early adopters would have a major issue with this and I'm pretty sure iBasso was aware of the issue but when engineers are throwing their hands up because it can't be solved, at least without introducing new issues or pushing the release back but only if it could actually be fixed due to it's design.

I seriously doubt anyone will be able to shield it properly without causing a potential worse issue like overheating or possible damage to the amp itself by trying to shield it yourself although I would like to be proven wrong. I just think if this issue could be resolved it would have been fixed before it shipped and iBasso realized they were not going to be able to get rid of it completely.
I have an enterprise multi access point 2.4ghz network at my office. Very little to no noise. I think it’s the mesh router to router sub band that’s my issue.

I’m heavily invested the nest right now. The Wi-Fi 7 sounds interesting though.

Jul 30, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #5,034 of 10,343
Nice set of options. I considered indigo but felt Mest was more discrete. Indigo inside a Mesh shell would have been a slam dunk decision. Looking forward to the electrostatic experience.
I’m not a iem person but I listened to the indigo at canjam Chicago and was blown away I was like iems have gotten this much better !?! I listened to empires audio64 vision ears meze kinase JH audio(I enjoyed the sharona the most) top of the line plus campfire supermoon, I wasn’t able to listen to all of musictecks iems at canjam(just UM) because they had left early Sunday.

But the indigo impressed me the most because it didn’t sound like a iem, it was detailed but not thin sounding had holographic soundstage that was headphone level width and probably better imo because it was easier for me to distinguish height. Very good impact and texture in the bass with rumble. Overall coherent fun signature.

Jul 30, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #5,035 of 10,343
It's under Settings > Display
Small misunderstanding maybe?- I meant that the idea of double tap was a good one, but in practice, it doesn't work well. I have used it off and on for a while now. I always end up with it off.

Jul 30, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #5,036 of 10,343
Where are the hot takes of people liking the dx300 more than the dx320?

I refuse to believe it's this one-sidedly positive. O.o;

Jul 30, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #5,037 of 10,343
Where are the hot takes of people liking the dx300 more than the dx320?

I refuse to believe it's this one-sidedly positive. O.o;
There has to be some that prefer the 300. I know there are at least one or two in this thread that still have the 300 and don't have the 320.
I got to audition the 300 when it first came out. Had one here with me for a little while. I never really liked it. That was with the early amp 11 module. I'm still using my 220.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 7:07 PM Post #5,038 of 10,343
Dongle drains too much power for watching Netflix and SQ might not be good enough.
Dap is good as usb dac but it drains power still from itself except Fiio M17.

Ipad or Galaxy tap connection to ibasso dx3xx for Netflix is not natural for the solution above.

Ibasso with large screen like ipad for Netflix watching or YouTube can be an answer for my application.

Or still am i missing a point for netflix watching with a dap?

Jul 30, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #5,040 of 10,343
Small misunderstanding maybe?- I meant that the idea of double tap was a good one, but in practice, it doesn't work well. I have used it off and on for a while now. I always end up with it off.
Ah, I thought had seen you mention that option before so that makes more sense. One has to wonder how many Android 11 settings were even tested or messed with by iBasso. It's an Android setting so I imagine it just came with it because of Android 11. I just updated to 13 Beta on my Pixel and it's no longer an option but it does it by default.

Most Android smartphone makers like to put their unique GUI on there but most, but not all changes are cosmetic. Samsung uses what they call TouchWiz for their UI. That's why almost every Android phone phone.looks different. Compare a Samsung to a Pixel and the UI is very different but most of the under the hood functionality that the user doesn't see is the same. That and software/drivers for different hardware.

I have a feeling is why most DAP makers keep uses the same snapdragon processer except possibly Sony. They don't have to touch that code compared to the DX300 except possible small changes for 11 instead of 10. I believe someone said the DX300 will be updated to 11 at some point but I could be mistaken. It doesn't look like iBasso customized the GUI that much compared to stock Android. They focused on making the hardware shine audio wise which is better than a prettier UI :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back