DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jul 11, 2022 at 12:45 AM Post #3,931 of 10,348
@ analog and digital. I haven't gone insane. But the OG software simply has the best sound quality for me. I'm not talking about the first or 2 update. Unfortunately, the software is faulty. The original takes more than 4 hours to charge and the digital battery discharges incredibly fast and the Amp 13 does not work. Then the 1st update. Fast loading works, amp 13 works but the volume control doesn't work properly. And the sound has changed very much to the detriment. 2 update, quick loading works, amp13 works and the sound is better than after the 1 update but for me not as good as the original version. This is just my opinion and has nothing to do with going crazy.
Aber bitte nicht falsch verstehen, es war sarkastisch gemeint
I definitely read the disappointment in your previous posts about the new updates being way less musical for your ears and not only by you !
But maybe the next update got all covered ... 🤷
Now I'm still using my DX300 and I'll follow what will happen

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022 at 12:46 AM Post #3,932 of 10,348
You know what? They could. Make a DAP the size of a cell phone with an external.USB C AMP (with proper shielding). That or same size as the DX320 with an ok insane battery. Anyone that's replaced ano. AMP sees how much space it uses. That's a lot of room either way. The replaceable AMPs aren't that large out of the DAC.

The AMP13 could be properly cooled and shielded. Personally I would prefer a cell phone size DAP with an external USB C AMP included (proprietary cables for Sony DAPs) but you could probably double the battery life with an external AMP. Leas portable, at least if we're in current DX320 size but probably could fit a 1200mAh plus battery in it... Just food for thought (or giving away a million dollar idea).

Jul 11, 2022 at 12:49 AM Post #3,933 of 10,348
You know what? They could. Make a DAP the size of a cell phone with an external.USB C AMP (with proper shielding). That or same size as the DX320 with an ok insane battery. Anyone that's replaced ano. AMP sees how much space it uses. That's a lot of room either way. The replaceable AMPs aren't that large out of the DAC.

The AMP13 could be properly cooled and shielded. Personally I would prefer a cell phone size DAP with an external USB C AMP included (proprietary cables for Sony DAPs) but you could probably double the battery life with an external AMP. Leas portable, at least if we're in current DX320 size but probably could fit a 1200mAh plus battery in it... Just food for thought (or giving away a million dollar idea).
Or like 2 cellphones
One the DAP and the second the additional switchable battery (+ Amp... 🤔)
Than it's still the size of a DX300/320
Or even smaller might be possible

Jul 11, 2022 at 1:27 AM Post #3,935 of 10,348
But the OG software simply has the best sound quality for me
I believe currently the best way to get the latest firmware to sound as good as OG, is if you do same as whitigir did, by Rooting OS and assigning cores with higher processing speed.

I didn't try yet myself, as I am on OG firmware, and can wait for next one to come. Ibasso been pumping them out, as next one would be the fourth.

Regardless, your patience will pay off once your amp mod arrives, as latest versions are impressive.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022 at 1:34 AM Post #3,936 of 10,348
Don’t buy it for this. It’s the worst device I’ve seen to be used as a DAC.
The delay is so bad that the only thing you can listen to is music.
No gaming or watching videos. Audio/Video is completely out of sync and I’m not talking about a few ms.
I understand, I do recall i have delay issues with DX160, both as usb dac and bluetooth dac. Hopefully ibasso fixes it with firmware on DX320.

I intend to use DX320 primarily as DAP. But since DX320 is such a big device, there's bound to be times I don't feel like bringing it outside. If it can also be used at home as usb dac, I would be putting more time into it for sure to make it worth my while. Other daps Im considering are DX240, shanling M7

Jul 11, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #3,937 of 10,348
I believe currently the best way to get the latest firmware to sound as good as OG, is if you do same as whitigir did, by Rooting OS and assigning cores with higher processing speed.

I didn't try yet myself, as I am on OG firmware, and can't wait for next one to come. Ibasso been pumping them out, as next one would be the fourth.

Regardless, your patience will pay off once your amp mod arrives, as latest versions are impressive.
I hope it. And let's wait when the next update comes

Jul 11, 2022 at 2:13 AM Post #3,938 of 10,348
Hi all,
think i have an issue with the digital battery of my new DX320, maybe you can give me an advice.
I charged the DX320 2 times with the original cable and an OnePlus-charger without any issues, let it charge over night and it was to 100 % analog and digital (85%) the next morning.
yesterday i charged it in the afternoon, analog up to 100 %, digital was 20 % and went to 0 % overnight with the charger on. It drowned to 0 % with the charger on, the green charging indicator led was on and the display shows charging….

I use the same charger with my DX240 without any issues.

I ordered a QC3.0 charger i´ll receive later today, but what’s going on ?

Jul 11, 2022 at 2:19 AM Post #3,939 of 10,348
How long does it take you guys to charge the dx320 through quick charge?
I regularly need over an hour to charge my dx320 fully and I'm curious if i'm the only one with this circumstance.
Thats in par with my charging time and it likes to default to PD3. While it supports QC2/3 and PD3 I have a USB multimeter and it never goes above 20W. Usually around 18W.unril the last 15.tp 10 percent as it slows down (this is the same for smartphone, that why they advertise 0 to 50nin X amount of minutes. That last bit is harder to get in so at about 5W. This is good though as the number o e thing that will shorten the life of a battery is to much heat. I've seen it charging one battery or the other or both at once so they have some sort of software for heat. Every battery has tons of battery sensors, no company wants a Note 4 on their hands.

This is on par with the Pixel 6 which people have said is false and Google says it's for the overall life in of the battery. Apparently as long as the battery is cool you can charge as fast as you want but I don't think this has been proven in a real world scenario, at least for overall battery life of the device though. I'll take the slightly slower charging if it extends overall battery life. A smartphone, maybe but I'm not buying a new DAP every 2 to 3 years.

Jul 11, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #3,940 of 10,348
It's a hobby for all of us
And I read a lot here and ask tons of questions - even that @German Expat in Vietnam got nuts of it I suppose - before I buy
Now it seems our friend changed his mind 180 degrees so who was right or wrong ?
With several 'things' involved as in any other hobby, I mean passion, emotions, personal sound preference and of course money
All of these - and a few more - decide what we buy
And I don't think we are in the position to boycot anyone
It's at least not up to me to say how much a product may or can cost and definitely not to say you shouldn't buy it
Don't forget the DX320 - even without Amp12 or 13 - is out of reach for many
Many more as we all think !
Talking AK and Cayin they are there and again up to all if you grab one or not
The AK SP2000 is still one of the better DAP
SP3000 arriving
The N8ii ... well you know all about it
Next if people want to spend 'some' money and let's say a Oriolus Traillii and PW Audio Orpheus plus a LP6 Ti AE ... fine for me
And I'm always happy to see people realize their dream
But should we criticize it ?
I don't think so and let's all have fun with the toys we own or have in mind ... 🙏
You are correct of course, and as I have always been saying. .. The journey is what worth it and every One is recommended to travel a long. I am just simply agreeing with John.

This journey is a bottomless pit. I owned Sony WM1A, AK Kann, Cayin N6 with E02 and this DX320. Each of it has its own pro and con.
yes, it is a bottomless pit, and those that is charging an arm/leg …. Is really not helping it.

Jul 11, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #3,941 of 10,348
Hi all,
think i have an issue with the digital battery of my new DX320, maybe you can give me an advice.
I charged the DX320 2 times with the original cable and an OnePlus-charger without any issues, let it charge over night and it was to 100 % analog and digital (85%) the next morning.
yesterday i charged it in the afternoon, analog up to 100 %, digital was 20 % and went to 0 % overnight with the charger on. It drowned to 0 % with the charger on, the green charging indicator led was on and the display shows charging….

I use the same charger with my DX240 without any issues.

I ordered a QC3.0 charger i´ll receive later today, but what’s going on ?
That is odd although I saw mine do that once. Digital was at 80 and analog was at 8 percent. I would wait until you get the PD3 charger and probably just to be safe charge it with another USB charger even it's only 5 volts like a computer USB port.

Was the DX320 on overnight when this happened? If so it might be worth charging with the DX320 powered off with the same charger if it's the only one that you have that does QC (if it even does, it only says "charging rapidly" on the lock screen with Android).. I've never had issues with it charging both batteries while off although the analog battery almost always takes longer then the digital battery to fully charge.

Jul 11, 2022 at 2:32 AM Post #3,942 of 10,348
That is odd although I saw mine do that once. Digital was at 80 and analog was at 8 percent. I would wait until you get the PD3 charger and probably just to be safe charge it with another USB charger even it's only 5 volts like a computer USB port.

Was the DX320 on overnight when this happened? If so it might be worth charging with the DX320 powered off with the same charger if it's the only one that you have that does QC (if it even does, it only says "charging rapidly" on the lock screen with Android).. I've never had issues with it charging both batteries while off although the analog battery almost always takes longer then the digital battery to fully charge.
DX320 was off overnight, will try the incoming charger and hope the best. strangely, this works before with the same charger without issues...we´ll see.

Jul 11, 2022 at 2:47 AM Post #3,943 of 10,348
DX320 was off overnight, will try the incoming charger and hope the best. strangely, this works before with the same charger without issues...we´ll see.
I believe when you are in Mango OS there is an option to charge while using it as a USB DAC. That or charge it instead of a USB DAC. Will only probably charge at 5W but will still charge. Everything should fall back to vanilla slow charging although there are too many QC protocol and that is odd so I wouldn't use that charger again just to be safe.

Jul 11, 2022 at 6:41 AM Post #3,944 of 10,348
Report of my current digital battery performance on original firmware + stock amp (playing songs stored in Class10/U3 sdxc microsd):
Screen off on android for approx. 11 hours = approx. 3% digital battery loss.
Using DAP immediately after with screen off = approx. 11% digital battery loss in approx. 1 hour.
Continuing use = approx. 9% digital battery loss in approx. 1 hour.
Player lasts a 15 hour typical day without needing charging, but continuous playing probably around 8-9 hours.

I don't think it fast charged.

Amp13 worked on original firmware for me with reversed volume controls. But imo stock amp is better on original firmware so I'm not using Amp13.

So far, I am seeing great value since I am using the DAP at default config/retail price.

Having heard the latest firmware, regardless of preference, the sound is still great value. Regardless of firmware preference, it's great value for the price as Whitigir explained other products overcharge significantly.

The only issue I can actually feel is the audio delay, so minus points for that.

My other complaint is that iBasso recommends factory reset after firmware upgrade, which does make changing the sound annoying even if we don't do the 4x factory reset because they recommend to do 1x factory reset anyway.

PS: Imo the latest firmware sound did not push it enough. I would actually be happy with original firmware sound or latest firmware sound if they go the full distance. Original firmware is very cohesive sounding while latest firmware has better spherical soundstage and height, but is actually still lacking a bit of treble air imo. If they can push for that extra air and sparkle, I'd honestly be fine with either sound (though I understand other ppl can only take one type of sound). But original firmware does work fine. Latest firmware does still have more bass than neutral though. The only real issue is factory reset for those who want to keep changing (and audio sync fix later down the line).

Jul 11, 2022 at 6:41 AM Post #3,945 of 10,348
My Max will be today evening, so comarisons incoming.
Meanwhile compared the dx320 with amp 11.2s vs ifi gold bar (previosuly i used amp13).
I must say that im stunned. The gold bar has very very similar signature- very microdetailed but wet. But it sounds slightly better! The stage is the same but its cleaner and even more separated than the stock dx320. And this from my PC :astonished:
The dx320 takes off with the amp13, with more organic and natural tonalitya and bigger stage.
The gold bar is so good that i ordered LG v40 (210e !) to feed the ifi with a better signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back