DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jun 26, 2022 at 9:22 PM Post #3,391 of 10,346
Well, just figured out a workaround. Download button mapper, this allows you to set different actions for hardware buttons. No ads, completely free. You add the hardware keys, then can choose different actions. Double tap does not work but holding the button does. Screenshots provided. :)

Edit: I remember donating when I originally installed button mapper on my shield pro as adding buttons required a 5 dollar donation so it may not be 100 percent free.
Do these reprogrammed actions overwrite the current action of the button, or would both actions happen? If it does overwrite the function, will it be released, or revert to previous action if you ever unassign the action.

Jun 26, 2022 at 10:54 PM Post #3,392 of 10,346
There was an artificial blackness to the sound that isn’t from clarity; it felt as if there was a dead range of frequency that was devoid of any music and filled with blackness.
This is a great description!
I’ve encountered this many times on various daps and was just describing something similar to a friend.
Perhaps we’re hearing different things but, to me, this description coincides with what I think of as a sound that lacks groundedness, like it comes from nowhere, disconnected but not chaotic, lacking essential body and spatial placement. So irritating, unsatisfactory.
Many daps, entry level and mid tier (much of my experience) suffer from this issue to some degree, even a few TOTL models.

Jun 27, 2022 at 1:02 AM Post #3,393 of 10,346
Spotted a custom version of the AMP12EXN over at NP.

My DX320 should be here soon so interested to know impressions from the owner.

IMG_20220626_081036.jpg

HOLY smocking hot! This is really pretty and a very analogy amp simply gorgeous. I feel like I really would want to own one of those one day. 2 x silver film and 2 x copper film capacitors sounds like this amp going to be a resolution monster with amazing musicality.

Jun 27, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #3,394 of 10,346
HOLY smocking hot! This is really pretty and a very analogy amp simply gorgeous. I feel like I really would want to own one of those one day. 2 x silver film and 2 x copper film capacitors sounds like this amp going to be a resolution monster with amazing musicality.
Those silver foils are expensive, and you will be looking at about $25 a pop, depends on the source and shipping costs. It will significantly raised up the price of EX mod. However, the Solen Silver is amazing, and I love it inside 12EX-S.

Pricing issues a side, you can see that the Legs of these foils are about as big as other components. It means that it can easily be sorted/stripping the pads and or damaging the amp modules. Yes, there are people who would think that the pricing for the mod is expensive…. But lady and gentle man, this is more than just making cables and charging $7k :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #3,395 of 10,346
Reverted mine back to OG today and share all your observations. I tried to adjust to the sound signature of the updated firmware but it isn’t my taste.

I still give credit to IBasso for giving us a choice, some will prefer the updated firmware and some won’t.
So no battery issues or other issues on OG firmware?

Jun 27, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #3,396 of 10,346
It's all personal preference
When looking into the ThieAudio Monarch Mk II I noticed the opinion below
He clearly thinks different as you do
Nevertheless I hope I can try a pair one day
Other option is catch & release or ... maybe keep them
Now I own UM Mest Mk II & U12T and maybe their just to close to own all ...
But finally if our ears like what the hear ... 🙏

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/thieaudio-monarch-mkii-experience.962446/
I think what he was looking for is the OG Monarch + ThieAudio Oceania cable. I personally own MKI and prefer it to MKII. Love the OG bass and less forward upper treble. OG Monarch is so good it made me sell my Anole VX.

Jun 27, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #3,397 of 10,346
Hi folks,

Is there a manual for the AMP13?
Just got one, but with no manual or any instructions.

Thanks,
Ofir

Jun 27, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #3,398 of 10,346
Hi folks,

Is there a manual for the AMP13?
Just got one, but with no manual or any instructions.

Thanks,
Ofir
Replaced and listening to it... WoW!
Which of the 3.5mm is the low noise and who is the maximized output?

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #3,399 of 10,346
Replaced and listening to it... WoW!
Which of the 3.5mm is the low noise and who is the maximized output?
The low-noise output is the most lateral one.
The one with greater power is the one towards the center.

Jun 27, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #3,400 of 10,346
Do these reprogrammed actions overwrite the current action of the button, or would both actions happen? If it does overwrite the function, will it be released, or revert to previous action if you ever unassign the action.

No, as you can see from the third screenshot that single press and double press are set to default so it pauses/plays like normal. If I hold down the play/pause button and don't let go it takes a screenshot. I believe it's 300ms to hold but I think the time can be adjusted if you wanted to set it to say 500ms. The double tap didn't work with the play/pause button even when selecting screenshot. It pauses and played like the default action. I imagine the same is true for the next/previous button but didn't test that option..

Just tried the next previous buttons and long pressing works, but if your listening to something it skips 2 or 3 songs/forward before performing the action so I'm sticking with just customizing the play/pause to take a screenshot when long pressed as it has no negative side effects. Just leave single and double tap on default action and only change the long press for the play/pause button. You can set it as a shortcut key to open a specific app, open settings, ect..

I also had to turn off battery optimization and enable an accessibility option but button mapper walks you through setting the right settings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220627-143358.png
    Screenshot_20220627-143358.png
    157.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 27, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #3,401 of 10,346
Anyway, I am out of this discussion....

Enjoy the DX320...

I were you, I wouldn't repeat these claims to a group, as there might be someone like me that knows what a filesystem is, how it works, how decompression works etc. etc.,

I'm sorry but the "stance" of thinking technology doesn't progress further than what you already know, is a common "sound-science" mistake .

Think of the 70s,80s,90s... we had records, nothing better than master tape.. Then digital, nothing could be better than CD... Then SACD, then blueray, then 20bit, 24bit, Flac, DSD... Every time they said, "oh, nothing more can be done".. Yet we have more, with Dac topologies now.

Last thing for the SD card thing: If you hear the slightest of difference with internal or external storage, different SD cards etc. especially considering the separated digital battery, there has to be a major harware design issue which should not be there. I am an electrical engineer by profession and have been doing software development for many years, including DSP programming. Though I do not expect at all that iBasso did a bad design there. The previous explanations of error correction and internal storage errors are not corrected etc. have nothing to do with reality, as especially if you consider the operating system is also residing on the internal storage and any issues would be catastrophic for the operating system, which is working flawlessly. There are several layers on top of the physical layer where the issues would unfold first. It is not about bias, it is about reality.

I am out of this thread.

I'm sorry but this can look like a classic "Troll-ing", to plant doubt, and run away.

I can also say that maybe I have background as electrical engineer, and/or recording engineer, or electrician, or dealt with all manner construction engineering suits, or even so far as to be in "ground zero" rescue/restoration, To know realities of the world around us...
Or any number of imaginary "white lab coats" you would feel necessary to have some "weight" of authority to pontificate. But why would anyone want to do that?

In my case it maybe not imaginary 🤫, and so I wouldn't have any issue to say I respectfully disagree.

To "disbelievers", they should turn to the companies for answers, not here to create doubt.
Companies in this SD memeory field that have the information/documentation in thier websites, and explain why their cards are superior than others, and why their companies succeed.

We can easily look online to see that the newer SD cards are more complex.
They are optimized more, and are also specifying in dealing with "real time" data transfer scenarios, more so than older chips.

Remember that music is now a data stream, so it is not a "static OS programming/checking" that is happening, but a "real time" data flow, susceptible to whatever is in the chain.

Just a while ago, engineers didn't take into account the effects of "jitter"... did they? Nooo, its all "ones & zeros"! Cant be! So how can we be shure that all is accounted for? A digital pulse is supposed to be a square wave. What are the complexities of clean transmission, interference, and shielding that are involved in square waves or "pulses"?

The last thing, when the sound-science camp can't convince you to go against your ears, they produce these "tests"...
Psychological "Slight of hand", like a magician.

This is what's called " number psychology" ... thinking (like NASA) that if they throw enough numbers, measurements, and tests that are all conveniently and nherently skewed in their favor (like a magician). What are the odds for the majority of the "proofs" to be so "perfect" in their favor?
Then they can perform psychology on you, to not believe in your own two earz...!

They rely on doubt, to succeed. Everything has doubt for this mindset. Your not supposed to know, that your ears are actually a biological Masterpiece of a sound receptor, and it is only your mind that is the key, that filters out sounds. They use this "key" of the mind against you, just like a magician(!).

Anyways the companies that do succeed, are the ones that have "their science" to actually replicate theory into real world scenarios.

Sound-science camp is for young engineer dreamers. That "fabled utopia" where everything is perfectly accounted for on paper, and all performs as intended, perfectly, without any material realities in the way.
Then actual difficulties of realities, make for a disgruntled mindset.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #3,402 of 10,346

I'm going to bet that the next generation of moded amp boards, coming from both Whitigir & Nayparm, are going to be extreme.
🤫🙂

Jun 27, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #3,403 of 10,346
I'm sorry but the "stance" of thinking technology doesn't progress further than what you already know, is a common "sound-science" mistake .

Think of the 70s,80s,90s... we had records, nothing better than master tape.. Then digital, nothing could be better than CD... Then SACD, then blueray, then 20bit, 24bit, Flac, DSD... Every time they said, "oh, nothing more can be done".. Yet we have more, with Dac topologies now.

I'm sorry but this can look like a classic "Troll-ing", to plant doubt, and run away.

I can also say that maybe I have background as electrical engineer, and/or recording engineer, or electrician, or dealt with all manner construction engineering suits, or even so far as to be in "ground zero" rescue/restoration, To know realities of the world around us...
Or any number of imaginary "white suits" you would feel necessary to have some "weight" of authority to pontificate. But why would anyone want to do that?

In my case it maybe not imaginary 🤫, and so I wouldn't have any issue to say I respectfully disagree.

To "disbelievers", they should turn to the companies for answers, not here to create doubt.
Companies in this SD memeory field that have the information/documentation in thier websites, and explain why their cards are superior than others, and why their companies succeed.

We can easily look online to see that the newer SD cards are more complex.
They are optimized more, and are also specifying in dealing with "real time" data transfer scenarios, more so than older chips.

Remember that music is now a data stream, so it is not a "static OS programming/checking" that is happening, but a "real time" data flow, susceptible to whatever is in the chain.

Just a while ago, engineers didn't take into account the effects of "jitter"... did they? Nooo, its all "ones & zeros"! Cant be! So how can we be shure that all is accounted for? A digital pulse is supposed to be a square wave. What are the complexities of clean transmission, interference, and shielding that are involved in square waves or "pulses"?

The last thing, when the sound-science camp can't convince you to go against your ears, they produce these "tests"...
Psychological "Slight of hand", like a magician.

This is what's called " number psychology" ... thinking (like NASA) that if they throw enough numbers, measurements, and tests that are all conveniently and nherently skewed in their favor (like a magician). What are the odds for the majority of the "proofs" to be so "perfect" in their favor?
Then they can perform psychology on you, to not believe in your own two earz...!

They rely on doubt, to succeed. Everything has doubt for this mindset. Your not supposed to know, that your ears are actually a biological Masterpiece of a sound receptor, and it is only your mind that is the key, that filters out sounds. They use this "key" of the mind against you, just like a magician(!).

Anyways the companies that do succeed, are the ones that have "their science" to actually replicate theory into real world scenarios.

Sound-science camp is for young engineer dreamers. That "fabled utopia" where everything is perfectly accounted for on paper, and all performs as intended, perfectly, without any material realities in the way.
Then actual difficulties of realities, make for a disgruntled mindset.
Bullseye 😬... but you had no mercy! Now it feels as if we are ganging up and bullying him, which is not right.

Funny thing, these microSD card companies are serious manufacturers who aren't aware of our world. They make industry solutions where you can't really mess around (both with products and their prices!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back