DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jun 23, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #3,241 of 10,348
Are Rognir easy enough to drive adequately from DAP?
Yes, they sound just awesome from both M17 and SP2K.
DX320 also have enough power but I don’t like what I mentioned above (latest firmware was used).

Jun 23, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #3,242 of 10,348
I fully agree here. I updated to the latest firmware and my Monarch MK2 sounded awful— too much upper mids and a pushed back midrange. Vocals also sounded thin, harsh, and just off in general. I immediately reverted to the original firmware and everything sounds good again.

I wish sound characteristics weren’t changed via firmware updates without some way to choose between the new and old sound. Hopefully someone from iBasso is reading our grievances haha.
@Paul - iBasso please add ability to switch between original timbre and the latest one

Jun 23, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #3,243 of 10,348
I fully agree here. I updated to the latest firmware and my Monarch MK2 sounded awful— too much upper mids and a pushed back midrange. Vocals also sounded thin, harsh, and just off in general. I immediately reverted to the original firmware and everything sounds good again.

I wish sound characteristics weren’t changed via firmware updates without some way to choose between the new and old sound. Hopefully someone from iBasso is reading our grievances haha.
I also hope that Paul@iBasso reads our complaints and does something about this crappy sound now.
When I got the DX320 with the very best software I was really excited. About a week later I got the Monarchs MK II. Man was I lucky. perfect for me
Then came the first update. And I have the feeling that it got even worse on the 3rd. So I don't enjoy listening to music at all at the moment. In my eyes and ears, of course, iBasso made the excellent sound really bad at the beginning with its updates. I hope you will fix this as soon as possible. If not, I will immediately sell my DX320, amp12 and the upcoming amp13. I am not happy at the moment. DX 320 with 3 amps can only enjoy one amp because of the crappy software?? That's a joke !!!!

Jun 23, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #3,245 of 10,348
Found a 4.4mm balanced to 3.5 single ended, from the same seller. Is it allowed to link to it?
People post links all the time. Very helpful.

Jun 23, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #3,246 of 10,348

I found this out, and didn't believe it but you have to restart the DX320 4 times after updating to the latest firmware. Just try it.

Jun 23, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #3,248 of 10,348
Hey guys...I don't now what you hearing but for me the sound ist top notch with AMP11MK2s (150+hours on it) and the last firmware update. At least with the U12t. I never heard a more natural sounding DAP, love it!! I'll try AMP13 this weekend..Happy listening! :o2smile: :L3000:
I am a little confused as well. Both from the amp and then using it as a line out for my electrostatics, very much, you are there sound. I had my big dac out, Audio Note output and interstage transformers, 6 power supplies or 7. Superb but big and put it back away.

Jun 23, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #3,249 of 10,348

IBasso engineers must be having a really good laugh reading about sound changes in firmware. But then they are probably used to "audiophiles" hearing things that can't possibly exist.

Jun 23, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #3,250 of 10,348
IBasso engineers must be having a really good laugh reading about sound changes in firmware. But then they are probably used to "audiophiles" hearing things that can't possibly exist.
How do you mean not possible
So let's bring EQ in the equation ?
Doesn't it alter the sound so why shouldn't another/new firmware update be able to change sound ?

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #3,252 of 10,348
Same history every time with ibasso. Awesome product on paper and after a lot of problems with firmware, wifi, etc. With shanling dap never had one problem. It is a shame because ibasso hardware is really really good

Jun 23, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #3,253 of 10,348
Same history every time with ibasso. Awesome product on paper and after a lot of problems with firmware, wifi, etc. With shanling dap never had one problem. It is a shame because ibasso hardware is really really good
What issues with the DX320? I have been using it since the get-go and no real issues. Charging worked right out. The AMP13 with a reverse volume control, then right away, like days, and that was corrected. I have never had a device that didn't need updates. I get them all the time on my Apple computer and watch, to improve and correct issues, and Apple has billions of dollars to throw around. My Supra, has had a few updates to the computer etc. etc. I had FiiO a few years back, there were issues and they did updates to correct them. Even my LTA Z10e has had a couple of firmware update to the control system inside of it.

Glad I can enjoy the music. :^)

Jun 23, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #3,255 of 10,348
Hi
Is someone there using Apple music on the DX320? Just to know if there's problems with it and if it sound fine?
And same for me, no issues with DX320 nor with DX300... It's not the good old time of DX80 :smiley:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back