DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Apr 4, 2022 at 6:46 AM Post #91 of 10,347
Anyone tried DX300 into external DAC from USB yet ?
I Do this till day one Into the Sony ZH1ES because I have no home PC.
You can notice the Difference in sound with every dap.
Best combo and Most Durable Battery life Shows the 300max (about 40-50 hours with Amazon HD)
The Bass is crazy and so am I :-SS

With dx300 you get more soundstage but the sound is more clinical and less Bass, also the Battery discharges faster (maybe around 25-30 hours)
So the Other fact is that every time you use it on the go analog Battery discharges a Bit a when you're going to Charge the digital it goes everytime back to 100% maybe Not so good for the Battery.

So First choice is dx300max

Sa700/dx200-220 are no good because of Battery life.
But the aksa700 gives also really nice Intimate sound for female vocals.
So the dx300 Series is Best for digital Transport.

I use Nordost Frey2 USB cable.
Some will say It's all voodoo but the sound is really good.

Apr 4, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #92 of 10,347
I Do this till day one Into the Sony ZH1ES because I have no home PC.
You can notice the Difference in sound with every dap.
Best combo and Most Durable Battery life Shows the 300max (about 40-50 hours with Amazon HD)
The Bass is crazy and so am I :-SS

With dx300 you get more soundstage but the sound is more clinical and less Bass, also the Battery discharges faster (maybe around 25-30 hours)
So the Other fact is that every time you use it on the go analog Battery discharges a Bit a when you're going to Charge the digital it goes everytime back to 100% maybe Not so good for the Battery.

So First choice is dx300max

Sa700/dx200-220 are no good because of Battery life.
But the aksa700 gives also really nice Intimate sound for female vocals.
So the dx300 Series is Best for digital Transport.

I use Nordost Frey2 USB cable.
Some will say It's all voodoo but the sound is really good.
That Is good to know. Are you able to play DSD256 with Dx300Max to TA-ZH1ES and DSD512 with 300Max ?

Apr 5, 2022 at 8:02 AM Post #94 of 10,347
That Is good to know. Are you able to play DSD256 with Dx300Max to TA-ZH1ES and DSD512 with 300Max ?
Sad
Hi, sadly my dsd library goes only until 128. Sorry

Have tried Dsd64 is Displayed on the amp as 2.6mhz

Apr 5, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #97 of 10,347
Very interesting DAP, subscribe to the topic! :)

Apr 5, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #98 of 10,347
I have seen this suggestion mentioned in different Dap threads of using the C9 amp, but IMO, the external C9 amp is NOT needed to be paired with the 3Max, dx300, or N8ii daps, as I have pushed all of them to drive an Hd800 successfully and satisfyingly so, without needing any more amplification, which is usually needed to make the hd800 sing.
IMO, the necessity of portable amps is ending.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #99 of 10,347
I have seen this suggestion mentioned in different Dap threads of using the C9 amp, but IMO, the external C9 amp is NOT needed to be paired with the 3Max, dx300, or N8ii daps, as I have pushed all of them to drive an Hd800 successfully and satisfyingly so, without needing any more amplification, which is usually needed to make the hd800 sing.
IMO, the necessity of portable amps is ending.
Exactly ! Even-though the HD800S will scale better with external Desktop Amp, but unless you are using high end desktop amp, otherwise your gain in performances will not be scaling with the money you spend at all for battery operated amp

These new DAP from China are pushing the battery amplifications to the utmost performances.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #100 of 10,347
I don't know if headphones are similar to floor standing speakers but recall that 8ohm impedance speakers would drop to less than 1ohm on bass heavy passages and call for a high current draw. I suspect this will also apply to headphones and having an amp with a high current supply will really help in driving those lower registers with authority.

Apr 11, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #103 of 10,347
I have become of the opinion that the dx320 will be a noticeable jump up over ibasso's past offerings.
The reason is because of listening to the N8ii Dap, which uses the same ROHM dac chips.
It is showning to have superior potential over the past (delta-sigma) designs.
It also seems the chip itself was "audiofile" designed, as past diagrams show they implementation both copper and GOLD bonding wire in their chips.

I also assume the desktop DAC versions using these ROHM chips (like the $15k Luxman D-10X), does not have the handicap of space constraints like these Daps, to utilize the chip to its maximum potential.
So the question is, how much of it can be fully realized or utilized in the dx320

I believe the N8ii implements some original board design for the dac chips, while the upcoming DX320 will use some custom board implementation for the same dac chips.
So it will be interesting to see how this upcoming unit performs, especially since it has an advantage in dual OS to go off Android, to Mango...

Apr 11, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #104 of 10,347
I have become of the opinion that the dx320 will be a noticeable jump up over ibasso's past offerings.
The reason is because of listening to the N8ii Dap, which uses the same ROHM dac chips.
It is showning to have superior potential over the past (delta-sigma) designs.
It also seems the chip itself was "audiofile" designed, as past diagrams show they implementation both copper and GOLD bonding wire in their chips.

I also assume the desktop DAC versions using these ROHM chips (like the $15k Luxman D-10X), does not have the handicap of space constraints like these Daps, to utilize the chip to its maximum potential.
So the question is, how much of it can be fully realized or utilized in the dx320

I believe the N8ii implements some original board design for the dac chips, while the upcoming DX320 will use some custom board implementation for the same dac chips.
So it will be interesting to see how this upcoming unit performs, especially since it has an advantage in dual OS to go off Android, to Mango...
It just needs to be released.....

Apr 11, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #105 of 10,347
It just needs to be released.....
Yes, very soon. We hope to have it available at Axpona for auditioning. And yes, the sound and performance is exceptional.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back