DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Aug 7, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #9,947 of 10,359
Can someone please explain to me PO vs LO on this device?

Thanks much in advance!

Aug 7, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #9,949 of 10,359
As I understand it, PO is for headphones, LO is Line Out when you plug the device into an external amp or receiver etc
Yes that totally makes sense, I vaguely remember LO being for line out but why the heck is PO for headphones? What does PO stand for?

Aug 7, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #9,951 of 10,359
Aug 8, 2023 at 3:17 AM Post #9,952 of 10,359
LO -- the signal comes from the DAC
PO -- the signal comes from the amp

Aug 27, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #9,955 of 10,359
Never realized this until now, but the DX320 seems to have boosted mid-bass (a bit too strong on certain pairing). Does anyone else know what else they tweaked? Andy firmware that is truly neutral?
Yep, there is a FW that is more neutral. It is called the DX300..... :wink:

All kidding aside though, do you think it is this way with all the amp cards? If not, which one(s) are you referring to?

Aug 27, 2023 at 8:37 PM Post #9,956 of 10,359
Never realized this until now, but the DX320 seems to have boosted mid-bass (a bit too strong on certain pairing). Does anyone else know what else they tweaked? Andy firmware that is truly neutral?

Yep but depending on Dx320 firmware for me. This has always been a topic for me. I gave up the firmware updates because of signature changed for some reason. I was scratching my head like crazy when my fav headphones sounded off. Then found out it was the firmware. I ended up on older firmware and left it at that. I noticed the boomy bass and was not a fan. I would rather it be a neutral device and let me have the option of signature changes with amp cards or headphones.

Aug 28, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #9,957 of 10,359
Yep but depending on Dx320 firmware for me. This has always been a topic for me. I gave up the firmware updates because of signature changed for some reason. I was scratching my head like crazy when my fav headphones sounded off. Then found out it was the firmware. I ended up on older firmware and left it at that. I noticed the boomy bass and was not a fan. I would rather it be a neutral device and let me have the option of signature changes with amp cards or headphones.
I suppose this is why I (jokingly) mentioned the DX300 because in all the years and all the FW versions I have had it, the sound has never changed (except when I change amp cards). :)

Aug 28, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #9,958 of 10,359
Yep, there is a FW that is more neutral. It is called the DX300..... :wink:

All kidding aside though, do you think it is this way with all the amp cards? If not, which one(s) are you referring to?
Using with the stock amp card which I think I heard is most neutral.
The pros of the new firmware is battery is very solid (I recall battery drain on old firmware :sweat_smile: (are you referring to the oldest firmware?)

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #9,959 of 10,359
Using with the stock amp card which I think I heard is most neutral.
The pros of the new firmware is battery is very solid (I recall battery drain on old firmware :sweat_smile: (are you referring to the oldest firmware?)

Yes older firmware 2.0.3, I have not had battery issues but then again i optimized the heck out of it. removing apps and turning off background activity etc. But my drawback from not upgrading is loosing out on fixes and functionality of newer firmware. I noticed I can't use a lot of third party music apps no matter what i do they just wont see the music folder on this firmware, I think it was fixed in later firmware. So i use the stock player for now until i get brave enough to upgrade one day. (highly unlikely though I don't want to do this all over again):)

Aug 28, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #9,960 of 10,359
I suppose this is why I (jokingly) mentioned the DX300 because in all the years and all the FW versions I have had it, the sound has never changed (except when I change amp cards). :)

No you are correct! I almost regret selling my DX300. It did not have this issue that I noticed. The only other player I notice a slight change sometimes with firmware was a few Astell & Kerns. Some of those I had had signature changes but minimal to my ears compared to the DX320. The DX320 was noticeable right after using stock amp.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back