DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jul 23, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #9,931 of 10,359
Fair enough. Not sure how different that is to doing a factory reset and loading the latest firmware on again but then I’m not a developer, i was a software tester when I was working 🤷🏻‍♂️

IBasso are allegedly buying the same sd card and testing it
What brand are you using?

Using the tool is totally different from a reset. It wipes the internal memory and does a factory install of the firmware. It is what they use in the factory where they are made.

Jul 25, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #9,934 of 10,359
Jul 26, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #9,935 of 10,359
Apparently there are two partitions on the SD Card which Mango is recognizing. A software fix will come in the next firmware update. It doesn’t show on the Mac when I format and doesn’t have an effect in Android. It also doesn’t show in Android files app.

Not sure why it’s there when I formatted the card with disk utility but there you go. I can’t see it in OSX so would need a windows machine to rectify before a software update.

Strange one.

Jul 26, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #9,936 of 10,359
Apparently there are two partitions on the SD Card which Mango is recognizing. A software fix will come in the next firmware update. It doesn’t show on the Mac when I format and doesn’t have an effect in Android. It also doesn’t show in Android files app.

Not sure why it’s there when I formatted the card with disk utility but there you go. I can’t see it in OSX so would need a windows machine to rectify before a software update.

Strange one.
When using disk utility, in order to "reclaim" that extra partition, you would need to blow out all the partitions before reformatting, and partition the disk as a whole. But yeah, I am not sure why there would be a second partition on there unless they were going for being like M$ or Mac in that the first one is a boot partition that can't be accessed via file managers.

Jul 27, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #9,938 of 10,359
I’m away for a week I’ll try when I get back. I certainly didn’t select partitions when I formatted and only one ‘drive’ is listed on the card 🤷🏻‍♂️
I am thinking that it might have had more than one partition on it to begin with. I was commenting on how you might reclaim that space. I would investigate what is on that hidden partition also. :)

Jul 27, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #9,940 of 10,359
That’s the issue, I can’t see it on Mac OS, according to it it does not exist.
open Terminal app and type
Code:
diskutil list
to see all the disks and partitions

format disk
Code:
sudo diskutil eraseDisk FAT32 MBRFormat /dev/disk2

replace FAT32 with what you need
replace /dev/disk2 with your flash disk

Aug 1, 2023 at 2:51 AM Post #9,942 of 10,359
It seems the solution was to set the partition map to "Master Boot Record" instead of GUID Partition Map when formatting.

Formatted exFAT with MBR and added one album. Album was recognized in both Mango and Android.

Will update after the 5 hour transfer of 935GB 😆
It's great you got it figured out! I hope you enjoy the music!
Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Aug 1, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #9,943 of 10,359
It's great you got it figured out! I hope you enjoy the music!
Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

I still prefer the UI in Android. It’s slicker, quicker, smoother, album art loads quicker but I just needed to get both working. I still can’t tell the difference in sound between either. It was like an itch I couldn’t scratch though.

Aug 4, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #9,944 of 10,359
I would ask them specifically what they do to adapt from the balanced output to the single ended. All that is needed is to not use the negative side of the R and L channel and then use the positive R and L and the ground. But make sure that is what they are doing.
Thank you jamato8, this works perfect with the Amp 14. Something irritates me now: Why can I adjust the volume on the DAP when I plug in LO? And why can I switch between LO and PO in the system?

Aug 4, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #9,945 of 10,359
Thank you jamato8, this works perfect with the Amp 14. Something irritates me now: Why can I adjust the volume on the DAP when I plug in LO? And why can I switch between LO and PO in the system?
It is designed so you can control the line output. The LO and PO are hardwired in. So of course you can switch between them. The LO comes off of the DAC and the PO is after the amp section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back