DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jan 9, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #8,176 of 10,349
How did you all get a hold of the it-05? Contact Paul directly? I don't see it anywhere online.
I got mine directly from Paul. I use facebook messenger to contact him, usually replies within a few hours up to a day.

Jan 9, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #8,177 of 10,349
I got mine directly from Paul. I use facebook messenger to contact him, usually replies within a few hours up to a day.
How do they compare to the 07? I love IBassos new ideas, this time with short jacks. Wondering why other companies still make long, straight jacks on cable, which isnt a practical solution, especially for daps. It's obvious that the long jacks act as a lever for the headphone plug in the dap.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #8,178 of 10,349
How do they compare to the 07? I love IBassos new ideas, this time with short jacks. Wondering why other companies still make long, straight jacks on cable, which isnt a practical solution, especially for daps. It's obvious that the long jacks act as a lever for the headphone plug in the dap.
They are somewhat different beasts.

Bass is of comparable quality, but IT07 has more quantity. But due to lower quantity on the IT05, bass seems to me more detailed, with better resolution (bass guitars) and texturing (drums). Vocals are nicely textured on both, but lack some body and warmth on the IT05. However, IT05 has outstanding microdetail retrieval on the vocals: the small breaths, smacking lips, moving tongue - you can hear all that. Mids are leaner on the IT05 and lack warmth. Due to this overall lack of warmth, the IT05 may sound bright and in-your-face with the highs. The shimmer and sparkle may be too much. This is all on the default silver filter. Changing the filter to black makes this model warmer and gives the sound more body, but cuts back on the highs.

Right now I have the black filters on, but I may return to the silver ones, eventually, because I quite liked how different the IT05 was from most of my other IEMs. Overall, I find it to be a really competent earphone with a unique sound. It takes some getting used to, but it gives me much pleasure.

Jan 9, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #8,179 of 10,349

Bass is of comparable quality, but IT07 has more quantity. But due to lower quantity on the IT05, bass seems to me more detailed, with better resolution (bass guitars) and texturing (drums). Vocals are nicely textured on both, but lack some body and warmth on the IT05. However, IT05 has outstanding microdetail retrieval on the vocals: the small breaths, smacking lips, moving tongue - you can hear all that. Mids are leaner on the IT05 and lack warmth. Due to this overall lack of warmth, the IT05 may sound bright and in-your-face with the highs. The shimmer and sparkle may be too much. This is all on the default silver filter. Changing the filter to black makes this model warmer and gives the sound more body, but cuts back on the highs.

Right now I have the black filters on, but I may return to the silver ones, eventually, because I quite liked how different the IT05 was from most of my other IEMs. Overall, I find it to be a really competent earphone with a unique sound. It takes some getting used to, but it gives me much pleasure.
Thanx! I cant find any measurements, are they more harman-ish? Lean mids and sparkle in higher mids sounds like more Harman characteristics.

Jan 9, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #8,180 of 10,349
How come certain options in the settings are hidden and can only be accessed by doing a search for them?
For example the battery use diagram or the battery saver (not the one that limits charging to 80%, I mean the power saving option) are only accessible if you actively search for them, but there are no items in the Battery menu to open them normally.
I don't know about the DX320, but on the DX300, the battery saver option is in the pull-down menu as a toggle (and if not there, you can add it by customizing this menu (adding and subtracting what you like). :)
yup, no dual ak4499ex on a normal priced dap yet.

I really like multibit technology, so I'm definitely taking a risk here by my standards, but 1.2w@32ohm class A, tubes, and rohm is just too interesting not to try :)
Especially when Ibasso gave us Mango OS option which is seriously the highest level of software quality in daps, hands down.. It seems that it's very hard to go wrong with this dap.
I know you said that you weren't interested in the Amp12 card, but it has 2W@32ohms (just not tubes) also class A. Just putting that out there. :)

Jan 9, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #8,181 of 10,349
Thanx! I cant find any measurements, are they more harman-ish? Lean mids and sparkle in higher mids sounds like more Harman characteristics.
With the lesser quantity of bass it sounds more like diffuse tuning than Harmon. I am still lurking about on these. I have listened to all but the IT-04 (and of course these) and generally, I don't have any issue with any of their tuning thus far (though they are all a bit different, none have been offensive to my ears). :)

I am also interested in their new phones too.

Jan 9, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #8,182 of 10,349

I use the gold filters. A good balance between the other two and it hits everything right for me. Also many hours of burn in. I suspect this is needed due to, from what I read, the extreme stiffness of the drivers with that nana chromium they use. But try the gold tips.

I have used these with my big desktop amps with surprising results. They are more like a good (open) headphone like than IEM in the throw of the imaging and large scale of the sound.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #8,183 of 10,349

I have to agree with you. The bass feels well done to me, not too much, not too little. Micro details are also very good. They are a bit bright but for me it's fine, they definitely more in your face and centered but the soundstage is still very good, some depth tot he front and back. Really impressed for the price. I have yet to try other amp modules on the X other than the Amp14 but so far, comparing my iFi desktop stack vs the Amp14, you can clearly tell the difference between them. On other iems it doesn't feel that noticeable so I'd say these are great to get a good feel on how each amp varies the sound signature. Haven't tried any of the filters other than stock, may try the brass/gold colored one later, that one has the most open mesh.

Jan 9, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #8,184 of 10,349
I use the gold filters. A good balance between the other two and it hits everything right for me. Also many hours of burn in. I suspect this is needed due to, from what I read, the extreme stiffness of the drivers with that nana chromium they use. But try the gold tips.
How's the driver flex on your unit? On mine it's pretty bad, especially on the stock tips, to the point that the right side may stop playing correctly and needs a nudge to get back to correct shape and play normally.
I don't know about the DX320, but on the DX300, the battery saver option is in the pull-down menu as a toggle (and if not there, you can add it by customizing this menu (adding and subtracting what you like).
I'm either blind or it's not there on the DX320, even in the add/remove panel.

Jan 9, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #8,185 of 10,349
How's the driver flex on your unit? On mine it's pretty bad, especially on the stock tips, to the point that the right side may stop playing correctly and needs a nudge to get back to correct shape and play normally.

I'm either blind or it's not there on the DX320, even in the add/remove panel.
I don't notice any but if the tips fit really tight, you would need to angle the IT05 as it is inserted so as to relieve the pressure as the are put into the ear canal. I had this with an IEM and once angled with insertion, no further issues like this came up. Also make sure the little round vent hole isn't plugged.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #8,186 of 10,349
iBasso provides a small fr graph on the manual for the IEMs, these are the only measurements I've seen so far.

Attachments

• IMG_20230109_141729.jpg
    IMG_20230109_141729.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Jan 9, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #8,187 of 10,349
I don't notice any but if the tips fit really tight, you would need to angle the IT05 as it is inserted so as to relieve the pressure as the are put into the ear canal. I had this with an IEM and once angled with insertion, no further issues like this came up. Also make sure the little round vent hole isn't plugged.
Same, didn't notice that issue. I went for the stock tips but the smallest size that was provided. May consider swapping them for ear tips with a straight bore hole.

Jan 9, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #8,188 of 10,349
If you don't have a good snug fit with the tips, bass will be lean and for me, too bright but that is true with most any IEM.

I tried the heat sensitive tips that mold to your ears. They work great for everything but not with the IT05. I went back to the large bore medium stock tips and they are the best for me.

Jan 9, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #8,189 of 10,349
The SR3 headphones are also really good. I prefer the Sivgas SV023 in terms of comfort but these are also a good gem from iBasso. Similar to the IT05 to my ears. The bass is more detailed and complete, while keeping a decent stage, separation and drawing out those nice little details in the background. They do really well with my otl tube amp. The stock cable is good, with good plugs and a nice 4.4mm to 1/4" jack but the cable material itself is sort of annoying. It's pliable but it doesn't do well with twists, likes to get in the way. I'd love to see an 8 core variant of the purple CB16 but for headphones (dual 3.5mm) and with the thick plug used on the newer IT05 cables. Cupping your hands around the grills on the SR3 basically did nothing to change the sound so perhaps these could also work great if designed as closed backs.

Attachments

• IMG_20230108_193305.jpg
    IMG_20230108_193305.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230108_123342.jpg
    IMG_20230108_123342.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Jan 9, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #8,190 of 10,349
It looks like my preorder Amp 14 is shipping today from Bloom. Quite excited for it to arrive based on comments here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back