DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jan 8, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #8,146 of 10,359
On this forum we are all iBasso testers and we do it for free :wink:

How do you find iT05 compare to iT04?
In that case then yes I'm a tester haha. Can't speak for the 04, never tried them. Haven't tried the 05 just yet, will try them in a few minutes.

Jan 8, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #8,147 of 10,359
WOW
You can use it for self-defense when someone attacks you in the park :wink: :D
Very very possible, they are sort of heavy, would definitely hurt.

Jan 8, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #8,148 of 10,359
iT05 are much cheaper than iT04 $300 vs $1000. Designations of new models by iBasso are a bit pointless.
The Tesla driver in the iT04 does a great job - the bass is really good.
It certainly is of very high quality.

I wish the mids and vocals had more body and presence on the stock silver filter, however. They can be a little on the lean and thin side. The black filter helps, though, but it takes away some of that sweet detail up top. I guess we can't have everything.

Jan 8, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #8,149 of 10,359
Oh, gotcha'.

Yeah, I suspected the regular versions weren't at fault. Speaking of the DX170, my DX160 didn't have these issues either, but the volume wheel is totally different on both of those. I think I actually like the volume wheel a little better on those models, compared to the 300/320 series.

I feel the same, I never was a fan of the wheel on the 300 series but glad it had one. The hardware is so good then it has this dinky little thin wheel. I love volumn wheels on daps, to me nothing feels right with audio unless it has one. It helps with the overall experience when you interact with your music.

I like how Astell & Kern does their volumn wheels. They are always large and sturdy and give good control with your music listening.

Jan 8, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #8,150 of 10,359
Yes, for such a premium price, and especially for the premium edition, the volume wheel workmanship is really shoddy.
Both the pot and the button, which on my unit has barely any tactility at all in addition to the small travel distance. I don't feel that I am pressing it at all. Something to get used to, I guess.

Well that depends, I could not get use to it and i really tried. Mainly because i need to interact with the wheel 99% of the time so I had a constant reminder something is off.

Jan 8, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #8,151 of 10,359
It certainly is of very high quality.

I wish the mids and vocals had more body and presence on the stock silver filter, however. They can be a little on the lean and thin side. The black filter helps, though, but it takes away some of that sweet detail up top. I guess we can't have everything.
They take at least 100 hours to burn in.

Jan 8, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #8,152 of 10,359
The SR3 are impressively good. The bass feels very detailed and full in comparison to my Sivgas SV023. Overall, the soundstage feels wider on the sivgas but I get more of a forward and back sound with the SR3, sort of a nicer depth of field and separation here. Nothing feels harsh or peaky so far. I'd say it's a well rounded headphone. Need to spend more time with them.

Jan 8, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #8,153 of 10,359
Nice to hear. I had the opportunity to listen to SR1 and I didn't like them at all :D

Is the DX320 driving you SR3 enough. Did you compare with some other source?
I would say that the DX320 drives them fine (synergy might be a different story, though it appears that is is also good). I can drive head gear that is 600 ohms @91dB efficiency almost with ease with the stock card and Amp12 (as long as it is in high gain).

Jan 8, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #8,154 of 10,359
Nice to hear. I had the opportunity to listen to SR1 and I didn't like them at all :D

Is the DX320 driving you SR3 enough. Did you compare with some other source?
I like these, can't say they are my favorite piece of gear tho but I think they deserve a spot in my collection. I really like how iBasso always tries to offer a complete package in terms of accessories. These include an extra set of ear pads that are also fenestrated but with a different hole density. Stock cable is nice, not to pliable tho and that's not too much to my liking but it ends in 4.4mm and comes with a nice 4.4mm to 6.35mm (1/4") adapter. Headphones come in a solid storage case which is also very nice. On the IT-05 you get two cables that look and feel premium, a nice hockey puck storage case, lots of ear tips and the replaceable filters. Haven't tested the IEMs yet, still dealing with the bigger guy.

Driving them with the Amp14, at medium gain with the volume around 50 so there is plenty of headroom, these are really easy to drive. Even my xduoo TA-26 desktop tube amp only needs to go up as high as 12 o clock on the volume dial, rather than 3-4 with the Sivgas SV023. I have to try them with the other amp modules, the stock amp11 from the X, the amp12EX and on the amp13.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #8,155 of 10,359
For me Hifiman XS and Arya sounded decent with DX320 but with Mojo2 they sounded more dynamic. Bass in the DX320 could hit a little more.
But this DAP wasn't made for listening to planars :wink:
What amp card? For me the Mojo couldn't keep up with the DX320 and the AMP12 and barely with the stock amp module. The DX320 also sounds more dynamic and more open than the Mojo. The Mojo2 is very analog and great sounding and enjoyable but on live music, for me, it couldn't match the AMP12.

Jan 8, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #8,156 of 10,359
With amp 12 mk2, 4.4 balanced output.
For me, Mojo 2 doesn't sound analog, that's what its predecessor sounded like.
Different interpretations of sound for us. Yes the original Mojo is analog sounding as well. I think they worked to "enhance" the Mojo 2.

Jan 8, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #8,157 of 10,359
are the technicalities similar? and thank you!
IBasso is more analytical but still musical, it makes N6ii ti sounds warmer and more analog with softer attacks.
Imaging and stage is more precise on iBasso imho, and bass is more impactful too, but depends a lot on wich iem will you pair.
For example I like Aroma thunder with both

Jan 8, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #8,158 of 10,359
The IT-05 are really good. Got used to IEMs with multiple drivers, I totally forgot what's possible with just one driver when it's properly tuned. These are impressive. The thick plug on the 4.4mm end is actually very nice to hold on to when removing. I think I prefer this thick short cylinder over a long/thinner one.
IMG_20230108_142702.jpg

Jan 8, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #8,159 of 10,359
The wheel is troublesome for me for a premium device. If i have the player on the desk right of me and/or try to rotate the wheel with one finger it will get stuck. I thought it would loosen but no.

I hope yours is not that bad that it locks up and don't turn freely. I need to pick it up and use two fingers to adjust volumn. I am in contact with iBasso about it.

I agree. Do tell us what Paul says, it’s quite off putting at times but overall it doesn’t bug me.

Jan 8, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #8,160 of 10,359
The IT-05 are really good. Got used to IEMs with multiple drivers, I totally forgot what's possible with just one driver when it's properly tuned. These are impressive. The thick plug on the 4.4mm end is actually very nice to hold on to when removing. I think I prefer this thick short cylinder over a long/thinner one.IMG_20230108_142702.jpg
I have never seen a plug like this before but like the engraving, it looks cool, and it is even easier to grasp than the standard type and the quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back