DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jun 21, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #3,166 of 10,359
Then this song/band should sound really good on a fun pair (Amazon link and Youtube link). They are a very well recorded/produced band IMHO. The rhythm on this song almost has a (modern) Zepplin sound to it:

Amazon: https://music.amazon.com/albums/B0162RGILO?trackAsin=B0162RGSAK&ref=dm_sh_b215-3bb7-8b46-5ed3-70429

Youtube:

Very nice! I like the Voices around my head at some moment. Its very smooth sounding and i know what you meant as this song has some potential to sound piercing. Not the case here! It was pleasure, thnx :wink:

Jun 21, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #3,167 of 10,359

Attachments

• 20220622_042151.jpg
    20220622_042151.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Jun 22, 2022 at 12:07 AM Post #3,169 of 10,359
Been trying my Etymotic ER4XR with the DX320 and this combination does not make any missteps during extended listening. They sounded great with everything I threw at it. I think headphones with a good frequency response curve will work exceptionally well with the DX320; no eq needed.

The Clear Mg comes to mind as an over-ear headphone with a frequency response that is similar to the ER4XR and I am now tempted to grab one.

Jun 22, 2022 at 12:11 AM Post #3,170 of 10,359
Just checked the amp11.2s out of curiosity. Damn this f**cker is a detail monster. Great tonal balance too. Bravo iBasso!
What firmware update are you at? I am hesitant to update mine as I am scared of screwing with the OG sound quality.

Jun 22, 2022 at 12:14 AM Post #3,171 of 10,359
Excellent pair up synergy. I reviewed Advar a month ago, and with a number of DAPs the mids were slightly pulled back, bringing sub-bass and treble more forward and in some cases even making lower treble of Advar a bit too hot. With DX323 + Advar, the sound signature is W-shaped, with mids/vocals really shining in this pair up and treble sounding quite natural, very deep sub-bass rumble as well. BUT, you absolutely must use Maximized output, these single DD drivers need both higher current/voltage to shine. You can literally hear how soundstage shrinks when connecting to low noise (lower voltage) output.

1655860855764.png
Thank you for your reply @ Twister 6. I have a friend who has just ordered the Meze Advar and he has the Shannling M7. The M7 doesn't sound bad to me, but it doesn't even come close to the DX320. It sounds too bright for me. It could now happen that the Advar with M7 is too bright with uncomfortable upper midrange and peak highs. You wrote in your test that there is no good synergy with M9. Maybe I should wait, maybe Avar will soon be available cheaply :beerchug:

Jun 22, 2022 at 12:17 AM Post #3,172 of 10,359
Yes, I have the Meze ADVAR's and the DX320 and it's a great combination. Regardless if you use the stock amp or get the amp13 card although guitar's on the AMP13 is just amazing, especially emotional effect.

With that said, the only other DAP I e owned was the FiiO M11 Plus. I wasn't particularly impressed with it. More digital, a bit brighter. Based on posts here I decided to get the DX320 as I had 2 weeks left to return the FiiO. The FiiO went back the next day and while obviously a huge price difference it was close to twice as good for MY personal tastes. More analogue, yet very detailed and I honestly feel asleep once while listening. Some of that is because of how lightweight and comfortable the ADVAR's are though.

I honestly don't think you would regret the purchase. The difference was night an day vs the M11. Mid bass was way batter and tighter on the drums, more layered, easy to pick up each instrument, nothing muddled together. Slightly better deep bass but the ADVAR's do not have the best lower bass frequencies because of the design which is fine for the music I listen to.

If you like the ADVAR's, the DX320 will make them better, that I can guarantee.
Thank you for the information. Maybe i try Advar. Amp 13 comes in the next 2 weeks.

Jun 22, 2022 at 12:17 AM Post #3,173 of 10,359
Been trying my Etymotic ER4XR with the DX320 and this combination does not make any missteps during extended listening. They sounded great with everything I threw at it. I think headphones with a good frequency response curve will work exceptionally well with the DX320; no eq needed.

The Clear Mg comes to mind as an over-ear headphone with a frequency response that is similar to the ER4XR and I am now tempted to grab one.
I agree 100%! Etimotics are well known for their great tuning. Now im checking back the stock 11.2s amp and i have goosebumps all over my body. Listening with the Monarchs 2 and the tuning is something really really special. IBasso did a fantastic job with the latest firmware. Its more engaging than the first fw and better balanced than the second. My Monarchs sound so flat, there are no peeks anywere, its just so engaging and well tuned together that im actually speechless.
I was rocking amp13 for the last days but now im probably going back to the stock amp for a while to enjoy this tuning and microscopic detail.

Jun 22, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #3,175 of 10,359
No question about it that the latest firmware lets everything through. Using the 320 to the RSA A-10 electrostatic amp to the Orpheus HE90 stats and you hear Everything. Not in an etched or bad way, everything comes through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back